ADVERTISEMENT

Blessaun Austin tweet

I see this in his future:
81i98UfbHeL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: RU_kidding_me
Have been out all afternoon. Did ash really say this is a 4 to 5, 6 year rebuild?
He said it was going to be a quick rebuild don’t think he put a number in it...

Bless probably feels lied to about the program going in the right direction but still he isn’t in the field so he has no business saying stuff

Well - when your best players don’t play and the next best player is a sophomore or true freshman you get days like today.

Someone replied the tweet wasn’t in the best taste and to take it down. Bless replied with a snarky remark.

Man this team sucks.

Reactions: RUaMoose
What do you think it means?
He is quoting Ash’s comments from the postgame, followed by his own “Lol”. Austin obviously feels there is a lot being left on the table competitively and a lot wrong or not up to snuff internally with the program, and so as a player and on behalf of his fellow players he feels it is insulting to hear that they are simply in the middle of a “rebuild”, i.e. that the players aren’t good enough to do any better right now, against Kansas for example.

I think it’s mostly the above, in addition he could be laughing at the idea that Ash will get it done and is “rebuilding” anything at this point.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
I’m shocked there aren’t more RU fans blowing up his twitter blasting him...
Problem is, when you are talking about a rebuild after a loss like that, it seems like you are throwing the players under the bus. There shouldn’t have been any rebuild talk today. It was a woefully underprepared team getting manhandled by a bad Kansas team that lost to nichols state.

I don’t like bless taking to twitter like that but any mention of rebuild pisses me off after today.

EDIT: saw a tweet from Myles Nash on tos. Wasn’t on his twitter though. Doesn’t seem good

He is quoting Ash’s comments from the postgame, followed by his own “Lol”. Austin obviously feels there is a lot being left on the table competitively and a lot wrong or not up to snuff internally with the program, and so as a player and on behalf of his fellow players he feels it is insulting to hear that they are simply in the middle of a “rebuild”, i.e. that the players aren’t good enough to do any better right now, against Kansas for example.

I think it’s mostly the above, in addition he could be laughing at the idea that Ash will get it done and is “rebuilding” anything at this point.
It’s pretty impressive you got ALL THAT from his tweet...you must be clairvoyant
NFL? You’re kidding right?
Why would I be kidding? It’s well known he is the most likely Rutgers draft candidate next draft and he is likely going to sit out the rest of the season to not further injure himself before the draft...this is pretty common knowledge at this point
Problem is, when you are talking about a rebuild after a loss like that, it seems like you are throwing the players under the bus. There shouldn’t have been any rebuild talk today. It was a woefully underprepared team getting manhandled by a bad Kansas team that lost to nichols state.

I don’t like bless taking to twitter like that but any mention of rebuild pisses me off after today.

EDIT: saw a tweet from Myles Nash on tos. Wasn’t on his twitter though. Doesn’t seem good
No one will accuse Ash of being savy with the media...another one of his faults, he is a coordinator. Not a CEO of a football program

Ash has been shutting on Rutgers since he got here. Today he called it a 4 to 6 year rebuild trying to buy himself time. That is classless blaming the kids and lack of depth. It’s year 3 and we got our doors blown off by freaking Kansas lol. Austin is frustrated by this clown. The team was not ready to play that’s classless.

Care to elaborate on Nash’s take?

Ash has been shutting on Rutgers since he got here. Today he called it a 4 to 6 year rebuild trying to buy himself time. That is classless blaming the kids and lack of depth. It’s year 3 and we got our doors blown off by freaking Kansas lol. Austin is frustrated by this clown. The team was not ready to play that’s classless.
Did he literally say 4 to 6 years? I didn’t see that quote

It’s pretty impressive you got ALL THAT from his tweet...you must be clairvoyant
I mean, that’s exactly what he intended. It’s not that hard to figure out. He knows he’s done playing, so he said screw it I’m gonna share how I feel. He probably watched Ash’s post game comments just like any fan, and his reaction to “this is a 4, 5, 6 year rebuild” was basically “Pffft, yeah right, 6 years to beat Kansas.” Same reaction as most fans are having right now. Difference is he was a key player on the team so he takes it personally.

Reactions: ajwsc1987
ADVERTISEMENT