ADVERTISEMENT

Blessaun Austin tweet

He's frustrated
He put a lot of work in after surgery and then gets injured in week 1

I feel his pain but he should keep his thoughts on the team/program in house and not in social media

If he's cleared to play he should be on the field

Reactions: colbert17
I mean, that’s exactly what he intended. It’s not that hard to figure out. He knows he’s done playing, so he said screw it I’m gonna share how I feel. He probably watched Ash’s post game comments just like any fan, and his reaction to “this is a 4, 5, 6 year rebuild” was basically “Pffft, yeah right, 6 years to beat Kansas.” Same reaction as most fans are having right now. Difference is he was a key player on the team so he takes it personally.
I guess you were sitting in Bless’ dorm room when he wrote it to know “that’s exactly what he intended”

Ash has been shutting on Rutgers since he got here. Today he called it a 4 to 6 year rebuild trying to buy himself time. That is classless blaming the kids and lack of depth. It’s year 3 and we got our doors blown off by freaking Kansas lol. Austin is frustrated by this clown. The team was not ready to play that’s classless.
Flood must be having a good laugh! What a joke.

Reactions: goru1869
Millions of dollars of NFL money is keeping him off the field...
I said this last week, I’m cool with guys doing what’s best for them. However, UDFA’s don’t make millions. They need to earn it

Recruiting is definitely the problem here. . . Well the first one that needs to be addressed anyway.

Are you guys seriously getting angry at the kid for blowing off some steam? After all the things everyone has been saying on this board all day? Is the kid not allowed to make a little comment like that? Jesus, its frightening how many of you think the players should have a plantation mentality.

I just watched the press conference. I don't know if I have ever seen someone age so fast in three years.Say whatever you want about Ash as a coach,but this guy looks like hasn't slept since the day he took the job. And yes,I know he gets paid a lot of money,but he really doesn't look well.

I just watched the press conference. I don't know if I have ever seen someone age so fast in three years.Say whatever you want about Ash as a coach,but this guy looks like hasn't slept since the day he took the job. And yes,I know he gets paid a lot of money,but he really doesn't look well.
Then he should resign and do the right thing for all parties

Did he literally say 4 to 6 years? I didn’t see that quote

no, not really.

he said: "sometimes these things take 4 -5 and even 6 years.. I've seen it. When I was at Iowa State it took 6 years, we finally went to a bowl game. Y'know we're not trying to take that long. We want to win as fast as we can. But, we want to do it the right way."

It was interesting (or a strange coincidence).. someone asked about Bless right after this answer.... no idea if the two items were related somehow...

Reactions: JCKnight
Clearly it’s time for Ash and staff to start circling the wagons. If yesterday is any indication of what’s left this season then the team is going to hear nonstop criticism from the media, RU fans and CFB fans around the country.

I don’t envy the situation that Ash is in right now. The only cure is winning games, and that outcome is more uncertain than we knew going into the season. Laughingstock status on a national level is knocking at our front door. Our team leaders must step forward and lead by example for the others in order to turn this around. Mental toughness is needed. Do we have it?

i don’t think I’d like to hear as a player on a current team that my program is a rebuild.
Exactly. Tons of blame goes around on players too yesterday, but Ash clearly didn’t have the team ready to play and appeared to be out coached. Ash is THE leader of this team, and to make your players a scapegoat by talking about a long rebuild seems like he is throwing them under the bus.

The team is in a rebuild and the players knew it. If I am a recruit I don’t think I want to hear it is a 4 to 5 to 6 year rebuild

Reactions: Block R
ADVERTISEMENT