ADVERTISEMENT

Boston College Party Plans

Knight Shift, Thanks for all the details on the City Tavern.
There looks to be plenty of street parking over there so we will park at 9:00am and have brunch/drinks and then drive over to our BC Parking lot.
I'm a little too locked into the details of the area around the stadium, but we always plan in advance.
I don't know what the street parking is like (how long they let you park) outside Cityside Tavern, but it is not a bad walk from Cityside Tavern to the stadium--and it is a nice walk around the Chestnut Hill Reservoir. There is a trail right alongside the Reservoir, and it is 1.1 miles.

Don’t know if was asked already
Is cityside walking distance to the stadium?

I'm a little too locked into the details of the area around the stadium, but we always plan in advance.
I don't know what the street parking is like (how long they let you park) outside Cityside Tavern, but it is not a bad walk from Cityside Tavern to the stadium--and it is a nice walk around the Chestnut Hill Reservoir. There is a trail right alongside the Reservoir, and it is 1.1 miles.

I did send an email to Owner of the City Tavern on the parking availability. Waiting to hear back.

I did send an email to Owner of the City Tavern on the parking availability. Waiting to hear back

Gonna have a young one with us so a bar pregame is out.
Great job putting this together though.
Ill make the one @ the bowl game.😀😀

Reactions: RUScrew85
Any suggestions for things to do on Friday around Newton? I'm staying at the Boston Marriott Newton, should arrive around 1pm. Also, any restaurant recommendations around that hotel?
Ward 4
(617) 964-5800

The Knotty Pine
(617) 527-9864

Bocca Bella Cafe & Bistro
(617) 928-1200

Paddy's Public House
(617) 965-6444

Blue Ribbon BBQ
(617) 332-2583

The Bluebird Bar
(617) 588-1035

Flora's Wine Bar
(617) 916-1902

Reactions: MrsScrew
Ward 4
(617) 964-5800

The Knotty Pine
(617) 527-9864

Bocca Bella Cafe & Bistro
(617) 928-1200

Paddy's Public House
(617) 965-6444

Blue Ribbon BBQ
(617) 332-2583

The Bluebird Bar
(617) 588-1035

Flora's Wine Bar
(617) 916-1902

Excellent. We are in Newton as well.

Absolutely no reason you can’t bring him/her(unless just a personal preference).
Personal preference.
I don't want to bring him to a new city just to sit in a bar with a bunch of adults he doesn't know.
Many cool things to be learned and discovered in a new place for a 10 year old ,and a bar isn't one of them.
We'll do some exploring Friday and Saturday evenings. Then take him to Fenway for the game on Sunday before heading back to Jersey. I think this is actually his first college game. He obviously hasn't been around me his first 9 years😂.

Personal preference.
I don't want to bring him to a new city just to sit in a bar with a bunch of adults he doesn't know.
Many cool things to be learned and discovered in a new place for a 10 year old ,and a bar isn't one of them.
We'll do some exploring Friday and Saturday evenings. Then take him to Fenway for the game on Sunday before heading back to Jersey. I think this is actually his first college game. He obviously hasn't been around me his first 9 years😂.
There is an outside patio and food.
Their brunch menu looks pretty good--French toast sticks, Cinnabon pancakes and breakfast tacos.

Reactions: biker7766
There is an outside patio and food.
Their brunch menu looks pretty good--French toast sticks, Cinnabon pancakes and breakfast tacos.
I'm sure there are many more interesting things to see and do in Boston for a kid than visit the Cityside Tavern. I'm sure of that.No offense to the Cityside or the folks organizing the get together. I think the gathering is great. Just not for us THIS time.

Hope it is a great event with huge turnout. That's how we build a rep as a following. The folks in Jacksonville were impressed with our turn out on short notice. I know this because I sat with one of the organizers. Didn't go un-noticed. That's how you gain respect. And winning games of course.

Any word back?
They may not answer, but here's some useful info for you @RU#1fan

Reactions: GSGS
Any word back?
No response from City Tavern to my email… I will call over there.
Although Knight Shift was been very helpful with his posts/links. There looks to be free parking within a few blocks. Also,being early on a Saturday morning should help.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
lol R Fund riding my coattails!!!

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/94/04/4C4A98A4-BABB-4486-AAE7-D422FE2EFD43/AUDIO_3285.m4a

Reactions: Knight Shift
I haven’t read through all the thread yet… BUT it sounds like we might be taking over the place… Fair assessment?

I was talking to my ticket rep yesterday. Apparently Rutgers SOLD OUT their ticket allotment. He thinks it was 2500 tickets that was allotted.

The group I'm with didn't get theirs thru RU and there are plenty of people in this thread that didn't either. I'd say we are going to have a very good showing in Boston.

I was talking to my ticket rep yesterday. Apparently Rutgers SOLD OUT their ticket allotment. He thinks it was 2500 tickets that was allotted.

The group I'm with didn't get theirs thru RU and there are plenty of people in this thread that didn't either. I'd say we are going to have a very good showing in Boston.
This is fantastic news. Beyond the 2500 tickets sold to RU fans from our allotment you have to figure at least another 1000-1500 fans have or will be buying tickets thru Stub Hub/ Ticketmaster/Seat Geek/ and through BC directly. Could be 4000 RU fans.

This is fantastic news. Beyond the 2500 tickets sold to RU fans from our allotment you have to figure at least another 1000-1500 fans have or will be buying tickets thru Stub Hub/ Ticketmaster/Seat Geek/ and through BC directly. Could be 4000 RU fans.
My 6 were through STUBHUB. They have the BC label on them.

O then ya'll don't need me to travel all the way up there, right?

• Haha
Reactions: MrsScrew
ADVERTISEMENT