ADVERTISEMENT

Boston College Party Plans

We are all at Cityside again. They said that they love how well RU traveled & hung out with them.

Food here is great too

Reactions: rurichdog
Just messing around, it seemed like everything closes early in Boston
Yup. Worse than the Deep South!
And not for nothing, but the Boston College fans & locals we interacted with were very friendly and helpful getting us to where we needed to go. They set a high standard and I hope we can be just as pleasant to future visitors.
Absolutely. I didn’t meet a single person who was an asshole today and they very easily could have been after losing like that.

Absolutely. I didn’t meet a single person who was an asshole today and they very easily could have been after losing like that.
Agreed, but honestly their fan base doesn’t care at all.

They didn’t even cheer on 3rd downs. Super weird, so happy I’m not a BC fan

Oh no! I just met RU numbers @RU848789 and we're friends now. No more being dicky. Sigh. Lol

Don't stop being dicky on my account, lol. As is true with most people on opposite sides of the political aisle, there's far more they have in common and if they can focus on those things (especially sports, eating and drinking) they can get along fine...and even political arguing doesn't have to be so serious. And now having met you I can tell the board that you're a prince in person.
We are all at Cityside again. They said that they love how well RU traveled & hung out with them.

Food here is great too
Very nice to meet you also! As I said in the bar keep up the great work as a health care hero and RU supporter and ambassador.

only one for me...as we waited on line at the bar after the game, some snotty Young BC female fan behind us said loudly behind us that "all these asshole Rutgers fans should get the eff out of our bar"...i did not take the bait...

only one for me...as we waited on line at the bar after the game, some snotty Young BC female fan behind us said loudly behind us that "all these asshole Rutgers fans should get the eff out of our bar"...i did not take the bait...

The bar made the most money they have ever made for a BC LDW game from the asshole Rutgers fans. The bar was thrilled to have us.

One more social post: Was great seeing and hanging out with @rutgersal and his friend (who co-ran the old board with Big Dog - can't recall his name) after the game, as well as getting to chat with Mr. Rutgers, Danny Breslauer, and his brother Jordan, who I don't think posts here. And nuts's friend, RUinSeattle was great to talk to too. Almost forgot: Enjoyed watching much of the game with the Court Club president, whose name also escapes me. Just a great day for RU fans - who really showed up well and were very loud.

Reactions: rutgersal
Don't stop being dicky on my account, lol. As is true with most people on opposite sides of the political aisle, there's far more they have in common and if they can focus on those things (especially sports, eating and drinking) they can get along fine...and even political arguing doesn't have to be so serious. And now having met you I can tell the board that you're a prince in person.

Very nice to meet you also! As I said in the bar keep up the great work as a health care hero and RU supporter and ambassador.

Oh no. We're friends now. Forever...

Reactions: RU848789
How did everybody do with parking and travel in?

We called an audible on our way to parking at a mall in Chestnut Hill and took the Green Line from Riverside to Chestnut Hill. It was a great choice. Easy train ride 20 minutes and 15 minute walk from station.

@iReC89 and @RU#1fan , how did it go with parking, etc.

Whomever found "park at Riverside station and take the T to the game" deserves an award. That was as solid advice as landing Cityside Tavern. For a trip with not many good options, these two hit it out of the park.

No one saved me a seat at Cityside. Ended up around the corner at a BC bar call the Circle. Also, didn’t someone say no beers in the stadium? That was bad info. I would’ve just went to the stadium and drank. Someone said everything is 50% off before KO.
Non-alcohol was 50% off pregame at the stadium. Was nice to get some $2 water pre-game

Reactions: Knight Shift

We called an audible on our way to parking at a mall in Chestnut Hill and took the Green Line from Riverside to Chestnut Hill. It was a great choice. Easy train ride 20 minutes and 15 minute walk from station.

Hit zero traffic the entire drive up making it in 3.25 hours, which was nice. Parked about 3 blocks from Cityside on a residential block, which required a permit, but I chatted with a local walking his dog, who said they never tow and a ticket is only $30, so they tell their friends to just take their chances, as they don't ticket very often and if they do it's not much different from the price at a garage. Sounded good to me and got no ticket so it was free parking. And the walk to and from the stadium along the reservoir was very nice.

After post game fun at city side, had awesome trio of lobster, crab, and shrimp rolls at Luke's. Stayed overnight in Worcester and got to play one of the top five disc golf courses in the country at Maple Hill - fantastic course. The ride home wasn't as easy on a Sunday afternoon - took 4 hours from Worcester, but overall a great trip and so glad I got to see such a huge road win for RU and to see so many friendly faces.

I took Uber to and from the game back to Assembly Row in Somerville. Stayed there Friday night before going to Seaport District hotel. Little traffic on way there but on way home much better. Was disappointed I wasn't able to make it to CitySide to meet fellow Rutgers/Mets fans.

Hammond Pond Reservation lot worked like a charm. Mostly empty. Nice 23 min walk through reservation and neighborhood. My last minute ticket turned into a group of 6 with local family showing up. Left at 6:20am. Home by 8:40. Great day

Reactions: Knight Shift
Whomever found "park at Riverside station and take the T to the game" deserves an award. That was as solid advice as landing Cityside Tavern. For a trip with not many good options, these two hit it out of the park.

A couple of us came up with it. Having lived a few years by the Green Line helps.

A couple of us came up with it. Having lived a few years by the Green Line helps.
You were first!! I remember when you suggested it. Grand slam suggestion:

And not for nothing, but the Boston College fans & locals we interacted with were very friendly and helpful getting us to where we needed to go. They set a high standard and I hope we can be just as pleasant to future visitors.
I wish every Rutgers fan would look to be good hosts.. the students too. We are all blessed to have as great a state university as Rutgers is and has been... be kind, be noble.. REPRESENT.

ADVERTISEMENT