ADVERTISEMENT

Boston College Trip

mikebal9

All American
Oct 15, 2005
Bound Brook
Has anyone here been to a game at BC? I'm going up with a fairly large group to see our buddy Coach Hafs get stomped by RU. Tickets are taken care of, but parking seems a bit tricky up there. All the passes I can find are called non-tailgating passes, except one lot that costs $250! I can't find a decent free message board to ask either. Anyone have any good options? By the way, we'll have kids with us, so bars are not an option.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
Has anyone here been to a game at BC? I'm going up with a fairly large group to see our buddy Coach Hafs get stomped by RU. Tickets are taken care of, but parking seems a bit tricky up there. All the passes I can find are called non-tailgating passes, except one lot that costs $250! I can't find a decent free message board to ask either. Anyone have any good options? By the way, we'll have kids with us, so bars are not an option.
Tailgating and bars are nearly nonexistent there.

Best recommendation is for nuts or somebody to organize a group to rent out a bar near Fenway (Bleacher bar is my favorite and has this option as they are the official game watching bar for the Buffalo Bills).

Then hop on the T and head down Brookline Avenue to Chestnut Hill

You can park on Hammond Pond Parkway for free and walk. It's about 15 minutes. Or, go to the Chestnut Hill Mall, park in their lot and take an Uber over. That's about 5 minutes by car.

Staying at the Westin Seaport for the weekend so a little far from Chestnut Hill. Since the game is at 12 not sure I'll be able to get any tailgating or bars in since we'll probably leave early that morning.

As already mentioned in that immediate area there isn't much so bars will be your only option with a T or Uber to stadium.

A buddy of mine is a BC grad and says tailgating is very difficult. I’m sure this won’t work but he and his friends will usually rent a party boat before afternoon and night games instead of tailgating.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
The actual road. It's a state road so the local Nazis can't prevent it.
Thanks for the info.

A couple of links from BC below. Seems that BC offers parking in the Park for $50 on a single game basis, and one can take the shuttle.

Is there an MBTA station on the Green Line with ample parking so that someone could just take the Green Line and have the "4 minute walk" to the Stadium?

Thanks for the info.

A couple of links from BC below. Seems that BC offers parking in the Park for $50 on a single game basis, and one can take the shuttle.

Is there an MBTA station on the Green Line with ample parking so that someone could just take the Green Line and have the "4 minute walk" to the Stadium?

With regard to the Green Line, no there's no station in the city with parking. I suppose you could park at one of the stations west of BC but it's much easier to just park closer to BC and get there by foot or Uber. You can't tailgate in the T lots anyway.
Edit. Although I have parked down Beacon Street and grabbed the Green Line to BC. However, it's on the street parking and spaces are limited.

Reactions: Knight Shift
This is very much a bars only game and that's even if you find one open that early. Does BC even sell beer in the stadium?

Thanks for the info.

The Riverside Station is on the Green D line and actually is out by 128. You avoid all the Boston traffic. Haven't been there in decades, but it was a fairly large lot. Not sure how they would feel about tailgating.

Thanks for the info.

This makes it look like BC only lets season ticket holders tailgate at their Stadium

Boston College Eagles Tailgating | SuperTailgate
>One of the unique aspects of a BC tailgate is that tailgaters must buy season passes to tailgate in the tailgate lots or at Shea Field.<

https://supertailgate.com/stadium/boston-college/tailgating

This is very disappointing news. I think we'll have to hound Jeff into getting us a suite so we can get in early and pregame in there. Is that a thing at BC? If not, it'll be a hotel pregame.

The Riverside Station is on the Green D line and actually is out by 128. You avoid all the Boston traffic. Haven't been there in decades, but it was a fairly large lot. Not sure how they would feel about tailgating.
IDGAS about tailgating, but thanks.

Our not so well-cooked plan is to visit our kid at Quinnipiac Friday afternoon. Drive towards/to Boston Saturday a.m., and after the game, drive to a friend's house in Brewster, MA.

That may be the best plan for us. Drive to Riverside Station. Hop the train- Google maps says 26 mins to the Chestnut hill station and a 13 minute walk. Not bad.

The drive from Riverside Station to Brewster, MA looks pretty good too. 93 miles, 1 hour 40 minutes, not factoring in Labor Day weekend traffic.

Thanks again!

I was there for a game years ago and people were tailgating in a parking deck. It was L A M E.

Tailgating and bars are nearly nonexistent there.

Best recommendation is for nuts or somebody to organize a group to rent out a bar near Fenway (Bleacher bar is my favorite and has this option as they are the official game watching bar for the Buffalo Bills).

Then hop on the T and head down Brookline Avenue to Chestnut Hill
We already found a bar nearby (like a stop away maybe?).

IDGAS about tailgating, but thanks.

Our not so well-cooked plan is to visit our kid at Quinnipiac Friday afternoon. Drive towards/to Boston Saturday a.m., and after the game, drive to a friend's house in Brewster, MA.

That may be the best plan for us. Drive to Riverside Station. Hop the train- Google maps says 26 mins to the Chestnut hill station and a 13 minute walk. Not bad.

The drive from Riverside Station to Brewster, MA looks pretty good too. 93 miles, 1 hour 40 minutes, not factoring in Labor Day weekend traffic.

Thanks again!

You do NOT want to head for the Cape before late afternoon on Labor Day weekend, so the game makes perfect sense.
We already found a bar nearby (like a stop away maybe?).

There used to be what I call an "undergrad dive bar" called Mary Anns on Beacon St. just before Cleveland Circle. Not sure you'd get a friendly reception.

@Bleem Phuppert didn’t you start the cannonball thread for this trip in which we talked about and I believe I picked a bar for all of us to be the night before the game in the morning of the game? Am I mistaken? Someone definitely started the thread but I can’t seem to find it in the search. By searching skills are obviously not what they should be right now sorry!

@Bleem Phuppert didn’t you start the cannonball thread for this trip in which we talked about and I believe I picked a bar for all of us to be the night before the game in the morning of the game? Am I mistaken? Someone definitely started the thread but I can’t seem to find it in the search. By searching skills are obviously not what they should be right now sorry!
Don't think you will get a response. Maybe you will.

Our original plan was to head to the Cape Friday, drive to BC, and then down to Quinnipiac. Plan B makes more sense.

Plan A on the Friday of Labor Day weekend I can charitably describe as utter insanity.

And the times they are a'changing. Mary Ann's has closed and will be replaced by a marijuana dispensary.

Here you go.

Plan A on the Friday of Labor Day weekend I can charitably describe as utter insanity.

And the times they are a'changing. Mary Ann's has closed and will be replaced by a marijuana dispensary.
Sounds like a plan!!! Is Mary Ann's now Mary Jane's?

C8mHVo0.gif

joint-cheech-and-chong.gif

Reactions: briccnerff
Here you go.

Man I was WAY off with my search words lol!! THX!

I WILL START PUTTING THINGS TOGETHER AFTER THE 4th!!!

I was there for a game years ago and people were tailgating in a parking deck. It was L A M E.
I was going to say, reading through this it sounds like that scene blows. Better tailgating watching and grilling at home.

We booked the Marriott in Newton. Taking Amtrak from Trenton Friday morning to the 128 ave station. Hotel is a short Uber from there and the stadium is 10 minutes from the hotel

No tailgating sucks as 2 people in our group were planning to put a tailgate together.

Yes, the $250 pass is a deck. Forgot to mention that. We did that at Cincinnati, Pittsburgh (oddly also to see Coach Hafs) and at Maryland. They all sucked.

Good Lord $250 to tailgate in a parking deck. Sad.

I'm planning to go to Boston College.
Any suggestions on the best hotel to stay at?
Is it better to get tickets from RU or Stub Hub or from the Boston College site?
What section are the RU fans at?
Thanks for any suggestions.

And we have fans complaining about cost of passes for Yellow and Blue Lots. 🤷‍♂️

What are you and @MrsScrew doing for game tickets? Going through RU or just buying off Stub Hub?

Have not decided yet on where to get tickets. I am always in angst...seats where you can see things vs seats with fellow RU fans.

I'm planning to go to Boston College.
Any suggestions on the best hotel to stay at?
Is it better to get tickets from RU or Stub Hub or from the Boston College site?
What section are the RU fans at?
Thanks for any suggestions.

There's a few of us booked into the Newton Marriott. About a 10 minute Uber from there to the stadium. Taking Amtrak up to avoid driving on LDW & avoid the hassle of flying

Good Lord $250 to tailgate in a parking deck. Sad.

The parking deck I've tailgated in is attached to the stadium. Easy walk to seats if you decide to park there.

OTOH, the Riverside T stop is just off Rt 128. Very easy to get to. Once on train get off at Chestnut Hill stop. There is a local prep school there and its right next to Longwood tennis club which hosted pro tournaments for years. Some shopping there too. Easy walk over a hill to the stadium and campus.

And we have fans complaining about cost of passes for Yellow and Blue Lots. 🤷‍♂️

What are you and @MrsScrew doing for game tickets? Going through RU or just buying off Stub Hub?

I just looked at the stub hub prices 🤣🤣🤣. $100 for end zone tickets. $350 for lower level 50 yard line. I think we'll wait awhile

ADVERTISEMENT