ADVERTISEMENT

Boston College Trip

Have not decided yet on where to get tickets. I am always in angst...seats where you can see things vs seats with fellow RU fans.

There's a few of us booked into the Newton Marriott. About a 10 minute Uber from there to the stadium. Taking Amtrak up to avoid driving on LDW & avoid the hassle of flying
My group also booked here. Seems to be the cheapest Marriott in the area, so our points covered it.

Reactions: MrsScrew
I live in the city proper right in the South End. My suggestion especially on Labor Day weekend would be to take the Acela or Northeast regional into Back Bay Station or South Station.

Hotels aren’t necessarily cheap but are better options than airbnb in my experience. If staying near Back Bay station, there is a Marriott and Westin Copley right near the train station.

For tailgating, whoever suggested going to Fenway area is on the right track, lot of great food and bar options and it is walkable if you are staying in the city. The sox are home that weekend so may be tough to rent a bar out but doable.

Alumni Stadium is a 25 minute uber from the city and you can also take the Green Line to BC which isnt too bad. Trolley style type train with cars on the street so cool experience if youre inclined.

Happy to answer any and all questions - where to stay, what to do, what to eat etc.

Reactions: GSGS and Kool RU
I live in the city proper right in the South End. My suggestion especially on Labor Day weekend would be to take the Acela or Northeast regional into Back Bay Station or South Station.

Hotels aren’t necessarily cheap but are better options than airbnb in my experience. If staying near Back Bay station, there is a Marriott and Westin Copley right near the train station.

For tailgating, whoever suggested going to Fenway area is on the right track, lot of great food and bar options and it is walkable if you are staying in the city. The sox are home that weekend so may be tough to rent a bar out but doable.

Alumni Stadium is a 25 minute uber from the city and you can also take the Green Line to BC which isnt too bad. Trolley style type train with cars on the street so cool experience if youre inclined.

Happy to answer any and all questions - where to stay, what to do, what to eat etc.
Confirm what someone else confirmed above, please.

We should be OK with: Driving up early (8 a.m.) Saturday morning from New Haven area to Riverside Station of Green Line and taking Green Line to Chestnut Hill Station. Seems to be ample, cheap parking at Riverside Station (we don't plan to tailgate).

After the game, we will be driving to Brewster, MA. May be easier driving from Riverside compared to driving from Boston? The drive is about 90 miles. We should expect at least some traffic.

Reactions: KnightLife1994

We should be OK with: Driving up early (8 a.m.) Saturday morning from New Haven area to Riverside Station of Green Line and taking Green Line to Chestnut Hill Station. Seems to be ample, cheap parking at Riverside Station (we don't plan to tailgate).

After the game, we will be driving to Brewster, MA. May be easier driving from Riverside compared to driving from Boston? The drive is about 90 miles. We should expect at least some traffic.
I think you should be ok Saturday morning going North and onto the mass pike that early. From New Haven should take you a little under two hours with no traffic.

You should be okay driving into the cape after the game in the evening from Riverside because you will avoid 93 south from Boston which can be a disaster. There shouldnt be much traffic getting onto the cape to be honest you will be going through there around 6 and should be smooth driving.

• Love
Reactions: Knight Shift
I think you should be ok Saturday morning going North and onto the mass pike that early. From New Haven should take you a little under two hours with no traffic.

You should be okay driving into the cape after the game in the evening from Riverside because you will avoid 93 south from Boston which can be a disaster. There shouldnt be much traffic getting onto the cape to be honest you will be going through there around 6 and should be smooth driving.
Fantastic. We had originally planned to go the reverse route- drive to Brewster from NJ, then up to Boston/Riverside, but we changed out plans, which should work out for the better. Thank you!

I would also avoid 95. My thought would be Merritt Pkwy north > 84 > Mass Pike

Tailgating and bars are nearly nonexistent there.

Best recommendation is for nuts or somebody to organize a group to rent out a bar near Fenway (Bleacher bar is my favorite and has this option as they are the official game watching bar for the Buffalo Bills).

Then hop on the T and head down Brookline Avenue to Chestnut Hill
Yes, went up 3 or 4 times during big east times
We stayed for 3 days or so
Parked at the hotel and left the car there till leaving
Took the subway to the game and for sightseeing places

More important to find a hotel near subway stops rather than near the stadium

We stay near Quincy market

I think Nuts put together a party, can’t remember exactly.

From Central Jersey I always go 287 to Tappan Zee to 684 to 84 to 90. Usually never fails and I go up a few times a year.
Consider jumping on the Saw Mill River Parkway - North just after leaving the Tappan Zee Bridge. It will take you right to 684 North in Katonah. Saves you about 20 minutes from driving across 287 over to the start of 684. Been doing that route forever.

Consider jumping on the Saw Mill River Parkway - North just after leaving the Tappan Zee Bridge. It will take you right to 684 North in Katonah. Saves you about 20 minutes from driving across 287 over to the start of 684. Been doing that route forever.
Sometimes the Saw Mill River Parkway is jammed with traffic. We've been taking that for the last couple of years, and we let Waze tell us which road to take.

Not a big fan of the Saw Mill because there are still lights there for some of it.

Not a big fan of the Saw Mill because there are still lights there for some of it.
Depends on the time of day. Rush hour yes you might see some traffic at the lights. Otherwise a minor issue. The miles you save are significant….going diagonally thru Westchester rather straight East and then straight North up 684.

Can anyone advise if parking at Riverside needs to be pre-purchased or can you just pay upon arrival on the day of the game?

Thanks.

Can anyone advise if parking at Riverside needs to be pre-purchased or can you just pay upon arrival on the day of the game?

Thanks.
AFAIK, does not need to be pre-purchased. Think you can use a parking App PayByPhone:

Reactions: GSGS
AFAIK, does not need to be pre-purchased. Think you can use a parking App PayByPhone:

Do you know if it’s possible to have a small tailgate in this parking lot?

Do you know if it’s possible to have a small tailgate in this parking lot?
I don't see anything in their rules that prohibit it, but I doubt it. The lots are patrolled according to the link below. You can e-mail them a question to see.

Also, it seems you must pay by midnight the night before the park, or they will invoice you and charge you an additional $1. I'm only relaying what I see, don't know if it is accurate. If I am wrong, I will be handing out dollars in Section Q at the game.

I
I don't see anything in their rules that prohibit it, but I doubt it. The lots are patrolled according to the link below. You can e-mail them a question to see.

Also, it seems you must pay by midnight the night before the park, or they will invoice you and charge you an additional $1. I'm only relaying what I see, don't know if it is accurate. If I am wrong, I will be handing out dollars in Section Q at the game.

I, unfortunately, also doubt it. Seems like no bars around that are open near the station. Just nothing going on. Might try to just get away with tailgating there anyway.

I

I, unfortunately, also doubt it. Seems like no bars around that are open near the station. Just nothing going on. Might try to just get away with tailgating there anyway.
If you park in a far corner of the lot and keep it low key, perhaps they will leave you alone. Just hope that MCSO's are not on loan and patrolling the lots on their ATVs. 🤣

We are probably going to get to Cityside Tavern by 10 a.m. and hang there until about 11:15-30 and walk over to the Stadium from there.

If anyone was planning on using the Orange Line T to go into the city from the north that is out of commission.

As a result I bought a parking pass for their Lower Brighton lot from BC.

Bring some offer to Section O also… haha

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT