ADVERTISEMENT

Box Score

48.1% 36.4% 81.3%
Very solid shooting. O-boards favored PSU probably more than the shooting differential would suggest (PSU shot 40.3% 26.3% 88.2%). Question: how on earth does a center get 5 fouls in 14 minutes of play? Was Harris the player whose baskets were getting waved off?

48.1% 36.4% 81.3%
Very solid shooting. O-boards favored PSU probably more than the shooting differential would suggest (PSU shot 40.3% 26.3% 88.2%). Question: how on earth does a center get 5 fouls in 14 minutes of play? Was Harris the player whose baskets were getting waved off?
Yes. Vickie got called on (I believe) 3 offensive fouls. On at least 2 of them, the PSU player flopped.

The biggest stat was RU's best player having as many points as personal fouls after three periods. PSU's star, on the other hand, had close to half of their total score.

Reactions: RUJMM78
The biggest stat was RU's best player having as many points as personal fouls after three periods. PSU's star, on the other hand, had close to half of their total score.
Bottom line Scaife having low scoring performances especially on the road gives Rutgers very little margin for error.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Matchup
i
i

FG Made-Attempted 25-52 25-62
Field Goal % 48.1 40.3
3PT Made-Attempted 4-11 5-19
Three Point % 36.4 26.3
FT Made-Attempted 13-16 15-17
Free Throw % 81.3 88.2
Total Rebounds 30 34
Offensive Rebounds 8 16
Defensive Rebounds 22 18
Assists 14 7
Steals 10 10
Blocks 7 2
Total Turnovers 19 18
Personal Fouls 18 14
Technical Fouls 1 0

I look at these and don't know how we lost..they made 1 more 3 pointer vs. 2pointer and a couple more foul shots.

damn, can we just beat freakin PSU...shoot.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
Matchup
i
i

FG Made-Attempted 25-52 25-62
Field Goal % 48.1 40.3
3PT Made-Attempted 4-11 5-19
Three Point % 36.4 26.3
FT Made-Attempted 13-16 15-17
Free Throw % 81.3 88.2
Total Rebounds 30 34
Offensive Rebounds 8 16
Defensive Rebounds 22 18
Assists 14 7
Steals 10 10
Blocks 7 2
Total Turnovers 19 18
Personal Fouls 18 14
Technical Fouls 1 0

I look at these and don't know how we lost..they made 1 more 3 pointer vs. 2pointer and a couple more foul shots.

damn, can we just beat freakin PSU...shoot.
The Purdue and Penn State games clearly showed Rutgers success or failure on road games largely will be determined by the performance of Scaife and the ability of the team as a whole to rebound and make layups.

rebounding and 2nd chance points were the difference...paige shot out of her head but the RU defense was not up to its usual standard

rebounding and 2nd chance points were the difference...paige shot out of her head but the RU defense was not up to its usual standard
Yep - looking at those stats the offensive rebounds were what stood out. Likewise the "even up" in steals, although I don't know what has been typical for the team.

PSU PF/PA prior to the RU game: 70/66
RU PF/PA prior to the PSU game: 68/55

I had two expectations: 1) RU would get their points, as PSU typically allows roughly the same amount of points RU scores, and 2) the top-10 defense of RU would keep PSU far enough under their average to win the game. The first one happened. The second one did not happen. RU's offense was not the problem (as demonstrated by the shooting performance). It was a substandard (for RU) defensive performance for whatever combination of reasons. Penn State played a typical PSU game; RU did not play a typical RU game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT