ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology

I would totally take that bracket, with Mississippi State as the #1, rather than UConn or Notre Dame, and with the regional nowhere near Mississippi.

Like RU being in Piscataway at first.
Looks like RU is getting the UConn treatment .[winking]

RU needs to stay out of the 4-5 line...or 8-9 line. The committee will do everything in its power to match RU up with UConn and keep it in the eastern bracket..book it

RU needs to stay out of the 4-5 line...or 8-9 line. The committee will do everything in its power to match RU up with UConn and keep it in the eastern bracket..book it
please be wrong, but believe you're right.

I see two scenerios....RU finishes in the top 3 of the Big 10 going like 24-8 and gets the 4/5

RU finishes sort of so so maybe 5th or 6th in Big 10 22-10 and gets the 8/9

Have to take care of business, thats why losses like WSU and Purdue against non NCAA tourney teams hurt. Also remember despite the lofty rpi rating, RU hasnt beaten a top 25 rpi school as of yet...thats why those games later in the year are going to be important vs Mich/Iowa/OSU/MD...got to get a couple of these and limit losses to lessers

On the plus side currently RU has 5 top 50 wins vs rpi...Houston surprisingly up to 30 at 14-3, also have NC St, Princeton, MSU, and Virginia, WSU is in the top 50 even at a mediocre 8-8

If RU was ranked top 25 I expect an 8 seed in UCONNs bracket

I think Notre Dame might have lost their #1 seed. They are getting blown off the court by Louisville. I feel badly for them. They have lost so many players to injury - only have 7 scholarship players suited up.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Despite the loss, and the home OT game, RU stays in the rankings at #25 in the coaches poll. I expect them to stay in the AP poll too because I feel the media actually respects us (usually the opposite)
I’m thinking you’re right. And if they look at the games, they’ll notice that Purdue went on to beat #18 Iowa as well. We have a number of “good wins” against RPI 1-60 teams which should help.

ADVERTISEMENT