ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets & seeds for all four NJSIAA Regional Wrestling Championships

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
The NJSIAA Regional Wrestling Championships will be contested Saturday and Sunday at four sites across New Jersey.

In each of the four regionals, seven champions being crowned Saturday and seven more on Sunday. The NJSIAA will present medals to the top eight finishers in each weight class. The top four finishers in each weight class, in each region, will advance to the NJSIAA/Rothman Orthopaedic State Championships, April 24-25, at Phillipsburg High School.

Soldano #1 at 182 in North 1
Weaver #1 at 160 in North 2
Oliveri #1 at 138 in North 2
Cetta #1 at 145 in North 1
White #2 at 145 in North 2 (Ruiz is #1)
Don’t forget John Odonnell is #3 at 285 in Central. Behind Szuba and Teresi from Ocean who he’s probably better than.

Don’t forget John Odonnell is #3 at 285 in Central. Behind Szuba and Teresi from Ocean who he’s probably better than.

Completely forgot about him but I also have no idea how all of these guys are going to fit on a roster next year (not Soldano but everyone else)

"Orthopaedic" Ha hahahaha. Am I the only one to find that funny?
You mustn't be British/French and/or dont realize that many orthopaedic (and especially the highly regarded) organizations use the original form of the word from French origin. That spelling is also the preferred way to spell it in Great Britain. Leave it up to us Americans to change the spelling of the word and then laugh at the original version of it. So to answer your question, you might be one of the only ones who gets a chuckle out of that.

You mustn't be British/French and/or dont realize that many orthopaedic (and especially the highly regarded) organizations use the original form of the word from French origin. That spelling is also the preferred way to spell it in Great Britain. Leave it up to us Americans to change the spelling of the word and then laugh at the original version of it. So to answer your question, you might be one of the only ones who gets a chuckle out of that.
I am aware of the two (now) accepted spellings but was not laughing at that. I find irony with regard to the nature of the sport.

Completely forgot about him but I also have no idea how all of these guys are going to fit on a roster next year (not Soldano but everyone else)
Fair enough. Not that they’re going to be future Rutgers commits but there’s also a younger Messina and two younger Benners seeded at their respective weight classes in the central super region.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
Fair enough. Not that they’re going to be future Rutgers commits but there’s also a younger Messina and two younger Benners seeded at their respective weight classes in the central super region.
Saw a Del Vechhio at I think 132 from so Plainfield

Times and schedule:
  • Saturday, April 17, 10 a.m.: 106 through 126 - all rounds, all four regions
  • Saturday, April 17, 4 p.m.: 132 through 145 - all rounds, all four regions
  • Sunday, April 18, 10 a.m.: 152 through 182 - all rounds, all four regions
  • Sunday, April 18, 4 p.m.: 195 through 295 - all rounds, all four regions
  • Saturday and Sunday, April 24-25: NJSIAA Wrestling Championships (similar format, times TBD)

Oliveri wins his first match a pin in 2:53

Last edited:
Cetta gets the fall in 1:39 and will face Jason Smith in the finals.

Smith is the guy who beat Olivieri early in the season when he bumped up to 145 for a match.

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
White loses to Ruiz in SV 3-1.

He had a lot of trouble getting out from bottom and couldn't ride Ruiz, who is only a sophomore, so he is going to have to win next weekend from neutral.

Cetta looked great and got the 12-3 MD over Smith to win his region

I said it in the other thread before seeing this one, nice to see small town Boonton pick up a first, second, and third in North 1.

Weaver won his first match by fall in 1:41.
Thanks for this.

Do they have mat assignments anywhere? I looked and cant find them.

I know Soldano is in North 1 at 182 and should be coming up.

For those who want to follow, it is on NJ.COM. Weaver is at 160 in Region North 2. O'Donnell is at 285 in the Central Region.

Thanks for this.

Do they have mat assignments anywhere? I looked and cant find them.

I know Soldano is in North 1 at 182 and should be coming up.

For those who want to follow, it is on NJ.COM. Weaver is at 160 in Region North 2. O'Donnell is at 285 in the Central Region.

The mat assignments are on Track.

Solando's quarterfinals matchup will be on mat 4

I keep missing Weavers matches since they have been so quick but he won his quarterfinal matchup by fall in 1:26

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Wow. Weaver looked awful, a terrible loss in the region semis.

Couldn't get out from bottom and got completely out muscled by a freshman. He has absolutely regressed over the last two years and I don't see how ever makes any sort of contribution here at this point.

Wow. Weaver looked awful, a terrible loss in the region semis.

Couldn't get out from bottom and got completely out muscled by a freshman. He has absolutely regressed over the last two years and I don't see how ever makes any sort of contribution here at this point.
Agreed. He does not look like a D1 caliber wrestler. Very disappointing.

Agreed. He does not look like a D1 caliber wrestler. Very disappointing.

Yeah, not even close to one. I don't know what happened to him, but he still looks undersized still and it showed as he got completely manhandled by a freshman from Delbarton. I'm not sure if he doesn't want to cut anymore, but whatever he is doing now isn't working. He was his best at 138 and ever since moving up, it's been nothing but down hill for him.

He'll still more than likely qualify for the state tournament, but at this rate it looks like a moot point.

Wow. Weaver looked awful, a terrible loss...Couldn't get out from bottom and got completely out muscled by a freshman. He has absolutely regressed and I don't see how ever makes any sort of contribution here.
Cerchio dominated Weaver, and is very good, definitely no slouch. He won youth states twice, his dad was an AA at SHU and coaches at Edge so they live there lol. He may have done the holdback once as well, so he's physically more mature and very strong. That said, Weaver is very erratic and will really need to improve to be a contributor here.

Cerchio dominated Weaver, and is very good, definitely no slouch. He won youth states twice, his dad was an AA at SHU and coaches at Edge so they live there lol. He may have done the holdback once as well, so he's physically more mature and very strong. That said, Weaver is very erratic and will really need to improve to be a contributor here.
Seton Hall having wrestling. Now that brings back memories from when I was in college. Damn that was a long time ago.

Reactions: Leonard23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT