ADVERTISEMENT

Brandin Knight

hope Brandin says no. Pike has said he supports his guys when they go for promotions (i.e. Head Coach). This would seem like a lateral, but I don't minimize the alma mater aspect.

let's see what happens.

Reactions: FastMJ
Of course he does - Knight is Pitt royalty - will be curious if he takes it, given that he wasn't a candidate to be HC.

Will likely come down to money

his alma mater didn't hire him as HC - if they throw enough money at him, who knows

No offense to any of the assistants on the staff......can any of them be called a success from a recruiting standpoint?
History has shown that recruiting at Rutgers is very difficult.A Knight departure back to Pitt would be disappointing because that school is at the bottom of the ACC very similar to Rutgers in the B1G.

Of course he does - Knight is Pitt royalty - will be curious if he takes it, given that he wasn't a candidate to be HC.

Will likely come down to money

I agree. I think he is as good as gone. Brandin has to look out for what is best for his career. Tough being the ice cream man in the winter.

If the question is "Who makes the NCAA tournament first, Pitt or Rutgers?" ... Is anybody here taking Rutgers?

Unfortunately I'd have to say Pitt. Watch how fast they rebound from a season nearly as bad as our 2015 and a coach as bad or worse than Eddie Jordan.

I agree. I think he is as good as gone. Brandin has to look out for what is best for his career. Tough being the ice cream man in the winter.
I have no idea if he takes it or not. He essentially will have the same job he did for Jamie Dixson three years ago - not exactly moving forward in the career.

And Pitt is in a bad way right now = again he will go if they pay him enough probably

Which school has the better chance of being successful might be the deciding factor,ie,Pitt in the ACC or Rutgers in the B1G?

Everybody seems way down because we lost Strickland = there's a whole world of Grad transfers, regular transfers, international players, prep school guys and under the radar 2018 guys out there.

Just need more Eugene's and less Souf's in this process

Everybody seems way down because we lost Strickland = there's a whole world of Grad transfers, regular transfers, international players, prep school guys and under the radar 2018 guys out there.

Thank you. A couple posters are just miserable ****s right now. Relax fellas.

This is exactly why people should be down. We are entering Year 3 and we are dependent on grad transfers

Reactions: soundcrib
Hopeful Knight sticks with us. Pitt, while a storied program, is a mess and giant rebuild right now.

While I'm sure they could bounce back in 3-4 years I think he's better off grinding at RU and continuing to turn this thing around. His stock could be really high in just 2 more years here.

It was interesting how many former Pitt players lobbied for B Knight to be considered for the HC job this time around. Doesn't sound like he got a sniff. Is there a pecking order or ranking of our assistants under Pike? Hobbs seems to have the most experience and Young has been with him the longest period of time. B Knight was the last man brought on to the staff and was quite a pleasant surprise to me when it happened. RU may have to come up with some type of title change and financial bump if they want to keep him since I would imagine Pitt will be aggressive here. I thought I read somewhere that he is making about $300K here. Could that be right? I would expect of the fruits of this staff's labor on the recruiting trail to pay off with the next 4 additions to the team.

Step away, Green, step away.

It is Greene (Courtney Greene, Ray Rice, Farmer, Inman, Griffin)

Pitt fans wanted Dixon fired because he couldn't get them to a Final 4. Our fans are totally fine with with 3 win B1G seasons. Can't there be some where in between?

It is Greene (Courtney Greene, Ray Rice, Farmer, Inman, Griffin)

Pitt fans wanted Dixon fired because he couldn't get them to a Final 4. Our fans are totally fine with with 3 win B1G seasons. Can't there be some where in between?

Sorry!

...but you’re wrong. NOBODY is “fine” with 3 B1G win seasons, however, Most of us do realize the complete overhaul of the program that had to take place here, along with the difficulties that recruiting here has been, to begin with, for the past 30 years. So as long as we see progress within the program and recruiting, which 95% of us do, I’m not sure what else you could ask for at this time.

This is the way I see it.

NJ hometown > Pitt
RU currently > Pitt currently

Also, he left pitt because he was pissed he didn't get the HC job. And I'm sure this go-round he wanted it again. I would imagine that this new coach wanting him to come in as his assistant is like a triple slap in the face.

This is exactly why people should be down. We are entering Year 3 and we are dependent on grad transfers
I think I see someone waving, it appears to be gonzaga. There's PLENTY of teams that have success with transfers. Hell Loyola Chicago is basically all transfers

ADVERTISEMENT