ADVERTISEMENT

Brecht Tweet

Yes, the lax scrimmages will be open to the public on October 14th. With RU football at Illinois that day, great chance to see what should be a B1G and NC contender/Top 5 Preseason RU MLax team up close and personal.

I will try and bring my team up that day. Maybe we will tailgate.

It is always great to see the MLAX program, but I would expect to see a lot of younger guys. Probably sit the returning kids out as you know what you have there. Fall is all about getting the younger guys to buy-in and understand the culture, as well as getting solid looks at what you have from the new guys and those that are still developing.

Not sure we have ever scrimmaged Loyola and Umass is usually a spring warm-up, so this is pretty cool.

Guessing the turf one since that is where the stands are.

A slight highjack to this thread...I passed by Yurcak Field the other day and was disappointed to see how dominant the soccer reference is. Really a shame as this was developed by an original major gift from the Yurcak family in memory of Ron Yurcak who lacrosse buffs know was an outstanding lacrosse player in the early 60's and a big supporter/donor of Rutgers lacrosse. Unfortunately it's things like this thar turn off potential and past donors. Hopefully this name etc will not be lost with the new facility and old basis.

Lacrosse hasn't been playing there for several years. Seems to have become soccer's by default.

It became that because the lax program couldn't get on there due to the weather/turf.

The Yurcak's are a great RU family, which this development obviously wouldn't sit well. The stadium is a real home field advantage though, and we are staying there for the foreseeable future. Ron's wife is still very involved in the program and is an exceptional woman.

Reactions: rufamily
It became that because the lax program couldn't get on there due to the weather/turf.

The Yurcak's are a great RU family, which this development obviously wouldn't sit well. The stadium is a real home field advantage though, and we are staying there for the foreseeable future. Ron's wife is still very involved in the program and is an exceptional woman.
Right. Whatever the reason, it has, more or less, become soccer's by default.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT