ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Billick to Rutgers Camp

He is a good man. Knows the game , the players loved him, and he is a very talented talking head.. Brings street and stadium cred like few others.. Impressive...

I personally like this street fight with Michigan. Shows moxie and not backing down.
Yes, Billick is good and proven.

Ash: I see your Raven's SB winning coach and raise you the original Raven's SB winning coach...

Reactions: soundcrib
Haha..the loser Harbaughs should just go away..BTW how is that not against NCAA rules for a current pro coach to attend head wacko Jim Harbaughs camp tour?

Let's also get some Jets coaches and players there too! The camp is a couple of hundred feet from the Jets HQ. Some former Rutgers players to help with position drills would be great also.

I am loving this non-rivalry :smiley:

Everytime they do something we just do it better.:football::popcorn:

Let's also get some Jets coaches and players there too! The camp is a couple of hundred feet from the Jets HQ. Some former Rutgers players to help with position drills would be great also.

Some Buckeyes who played for Ash now with the jets and giants, wonder if it is against rules for pro players to attend.

Reactions: RU76COOK
Ash makes the next big move.

Awesone to have a national analyst and SB winning coach there too.

Aww come on RU, why are y'all letting Harbaugh play you like a fiddle? He does something and y'all react. I realize as fans you appreciate the fight in Ash but it looks kind of silly and petty. For Harbaugh, the excuse is that's his brother at least and not scrambling to find some kind of NFL presence. This is some funny stuff between you guys. What's JH cooking up next?

Haha..the loser Harbaughs should just go away..BTW how is that not against NCAA rules for a current pro coach to attend head wacko Jim Harbaughs camp tour?

You don't honestly believe he's going away do you? Have you seen him operate? He's going to up the ante three-fold. It's in his nature. I'm no UM advocate that's for sure, but this dude is nuts.

Aww come on RU, why are y'all letting Harbaugh play you like a fiddle? He does something and y'all react. I realize as fans you appreciate the fight in Ash but it looks kind of silly and petty. For Harbaugh, the excuse is that's his brother at least and not scrambling to find some kind of NFL presence. This is some funny stuff between you guys. What's JH cooking up next?
Actually I see the opposite, the more Harbaugh ups the ante, only to be me by ash upping the ante, the more of a story it becomes. The more it looks like RU and Michigan are rivals, and are competing for the same players(at least in NJ).

Now I don't see Billick as a home run, it's been a long time since he was coach name recognition is not what it once was, but he does have a ring, it's a good move.

The Harbaughs speak only one language, they spoke it to me for many years I know it better than my mother tongue. If we want them to hear us, we must speak it back to them.

Actually I see the opposite, the more Harbaugh ups the ante, only to be me by ash upping the ante, the more of a story it becomes. The more it looks like RU and Michigan are rivals, and are competing for the same players(at least in NJ).

Agree 100%. It is about Ash and Rutgers' attitude. He is not simply happy to be here and he will not willingly settle for the leftovers. His attitude is one that conveys that he and Rutgers belong and the other schools will have to deal with them. He may not win every battle, but he's not going down without a fight and, we all hope, he will win his fair share.

When I was a young associate, a wisened old partner told me that I should "act like a partner if I want to be a partner". It was great advice and it worked.

I see Ash doing the same thing on a much larger scale. He is acting like Rutgers belongs among the top B1G teams and will not be settling for anything less in terms of facilities, recruiting, amenities, multi-media, etc.

This area is so HUNGRY for a winner at the college level. It is palpable. I think Ash and the whole administration sense it and are moving in the direction to make it happen.

Keep crying. How old were these kids who will be attending the damp the last time Billick even coached lol? It will be fun watching ru's corpse being driven all over the field this fall

Eh...not exactly. RU doesn't really do anything better...in any sport.

Good guys 26, your guys 24

block.jpg

Reactions: Underdogs88
Keep crying. How old were these kids who will be attending the damp the last time Billick even coached lol? It will be fun watching ru's corpse being driven all over the field this fall

...looks like someone just can't help themselves- you just gotta know what the Rutgers boards are saying, eh???

...and even funnier with the 'keep crying' garbage- I don't know where you live, but I'm pretty sure that if I put my ear to my window, I'll hear your tantrum about friggin' 1-day camps; you've been throwing it for over a week now.

Joe P.

He's an asset to the Tri State Showcase that whiners like you refuse to acknowledge .
Many of the kids going to this camp know about Billick from his work on the NFL network as an analyst and don't think they haven't found out about his stellar coaching career that includes winning the Super Bowl as the Raven's HC.

As for the game, maybe you're right, maybe an upset in RU's favor or could be a close game.
But you wolverines should stop whining about the Rutgers' HC making sure your HC doesn't have clear sailing recruiting Jersey HS talent.
The inroads Michigan's HC is trying to make recruiting Jersey kids became much harder to accomplish now that Ash has set up a roadblock effectively making Jersey HS FB coaches more Rutgers friendly and that pisses off you Wolverine Hush Puppies and causes you fools to constantly whine on this board because Ash checked Harbaugh with a brilliant chess like move.

Not to mention the quality of our players will be much better than Hardouche's camp.

This is why we need a thumbs down button.

Harbaugh is taking online classes at UNC. This will shield him.

Doing very well thanks for asking.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...adds_super_bowl-winning_coach_to_nj_camp.html

"Ash said the response to Rutgers' camp has been "outstanding" and that the event is near its capacity of 550-600 recruits."

Cute. I might borrow that one some day. Did it happen to cross your mind that perhaps it is because Harbaughs camp was already maxed out? They are not taking any more. They have been forced to turn people away. I think it is pretty obvious where they are going. Which is pretty impressive if over 1k prospects can show from an area. Plenty to choose from for all, and just one of many stops in June for our staff.

Ya know, talking chit in the offseason is fun, but have no doubts, you will be wishing for another 49-16 smack down after being throttled this yr. You are going to think that Harbaugh was being nice last season. This year will be personal after this camp thing.

This is the coach that humiliated Pete Carrol, and his USC dynasty. It is also the most veteran team we have had since Carr left after the 07 season. So go ahead and think you guys are running with the big dogs while ya can. After you get relegated back to the porch, it will start to dawn on ya. :uzi:

In all seriousness Joe, you are officially my fav Rutgers poster now. For both our sakes, regardless of score, I hope both teams come out injury free. Well barring the hurt feelings from the Rutgers fans of course.

Cheers dude. [cheers]

Oh the camp will be this years excuse for "making it personal"?!? Lol that's funny.

You don't honestly believe he's going away do you? Have you seen him operate? He's going to up the ante three-fold. It's in his nature. I'm no UM advocate that's for sure, but this dude is nuts.

No one thinks he will go away. Invariably he will raise the bar on his silly antics.

ADVERTISEMENT