ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm

Note to self, check the spread at Fanduel on Wisconsin - Purdue.

Fell sorry for Purdue fans , they just were starting to hope their Boilermakers would be a force in the B1G West under Brohm.
Now those fans have to hope his replacement can finish what he started and be drinking some
BOILERMAKER-Jess-Suworoff.jpg
to drown their sorrows

Last edited:
Reactions: jmg75 and LukeRU90
This could be the downside of an early signing window in December. Otherwise why let this get out now?

This just leaves the door open for Brian to step into the HC slot vacated by his brother.

I know its his alma mater but you could argue he might be better off where he is.

Louisville isn't as demanding as the SEC schools. He just has to win 7 or 8 games a year. Its not like he has to win the SEC title every season. In that sense going to Louisville is a smart decision. Its a tier above Purdue but still a tier below the traditional power houses.

Also sometimes you could be at your best at your alma mater. Rich Rod knows all about that.

Checked the Purdue commit list. He just got a 4 star WR from Louisville to commit last Friday. Can you say flip?

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Maybe Purdue will be interested in bringing Ash back to the midwest- his team beat Brohm and Purdue. Ash can dismantle the train tracks around the perimeter of the field.

Reactions: ru1869
If true, it's a pretty chicken$hit move to accept the Louie position before Purdue's season is over and let the news leak out with 2 games left on Purdue's schedule .
Guess I'm just complaining about something that's common practice and backroom deals during the season is a normal way that HC leave one school for another

Reactions: Caliknight
How can Purdue not afford to keep him?

Since PapaJohn cannot do his own commercials anymore, has he turned to dumping more money on UofL to validate his social worth?

I wouldn't believe this story just yet. The timing is suspect, and doesn't Dan Dackich have a reputation as a rabble rouser?

For some reason, this reminds me of the Rick Pitino to UNLV rumors way back when. Everyone wanted to be the first to report it, but everyone was wrong. Seems Dackich wants to be able to say, "I was the first to call it."

Reactions: Jimpeg
Oh.

Okay. That's kinda lame. For some reason I had an image of actual train tracks with an actual train. That would be cool. Probably a little hazardous, but definitely cool.
If they hired Ash, by the middle of year one, they would have him tied to the tracks and a locomotive on the tracks rolling towards him . . .

I wouldn't believe this story just yet. The timing is suspect, and doesn't Dan Dackich have a reputation as a rabble rouser?

For some reason, this reminds me of the Rick Pitino to UNLV rumors way back when. Everyone wanted to be the first to report it, but everyone was wrong. Seems Dackich wants to be able to say, "I was the first to call it."

Agree, since when is it announced two weeks in advance? And if there is any truth to this, given the fact it's out there, expect Purdue to make a major overture to stop Brohm from leaving. His salary will shoot up to $6 mill and he'll have lost to Eastern Michigan this year, sending the rest of the overpaid college coaching salaries off the scales yet again.

Reactions: Knight Shift
This is why we should not hire a winning coach. Worst possible scenario. Start winning, and then a team with deeper pockets steals your coach. We are much better off with Ash. Nobody is stealing him. What a relief.
Yep, unless maybe Rutgers is his alma mater. The only CF teams that don't have to worry about - for the most part - are the 8 to 10 perennial bluebloods that have the deep pockets.

This has already been confirmed incorrect, why anyone would listen to Dackich on matters about Purdue is the real question

Reactions: RutgersRockies
this is one of the same clowns with the VOLS mess..dont trust him and his 'sources"

Fell sorry for Purdue fans , they just were starting to hope their Boilermakers would be a force in the B1G West under Brohm.
Now those fans have to hope his replacement can finish what he started and be drinking some
to drown their sorrows
That looks delicious

Maybe Purdue will be interested in bringing Ash back to the midwest- his team beat Brohm and Purdue. Ash can dismantle the train tracks around the perimeter of the field.
I don't know if that game is the best audition tape for Ash. It wasn't exactly a clinic.

to drown their sorrows
Depends who they hire. when they hired brohm they showed they were willing to pay for a quality coach. Brohm was making 3.8 m and by the end of his contract he would have made 4.5

Depends who they hire. when they hired brohm they showed they were willing to pay for a quality coach. Brohm was making 3.8 m and by the end of his contract he would have made 4.5

Purdue is investing in that program right now. It'll be an attractive job for guys who have been successful at lower levels. It's probably a better job at this moment, but Brohm's ties run deep at Louisville.

He gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT