ADVERTISEMENT

Bronny James to RU?

runova09

Redshirt
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2015

One school making an unexpected push to recruit James is Rutgers, a basketball striver. As far-fetched as it might seem, Rutgers is hoping Coach Steve Pikiell’s strong record of development — turning lightly regarded recruits such as Geo Baker, Ron Harper Jr. and Myles Johnson into decorated Big Ten players — carries some appeal to James.

One school making an unexpected push to recruit James is Rutgers, a basketball striver. As far-fetched as it might seem, Rutgers is hoping Coach Steve Pikiell’s strong record of development — turning lightly regarded recruits such as Geo Baker, Ron Harper Jr. and Myles Johnson into decorated Big Ten players — carries some appeal to James.
that would be very interesting!!

Could LeBron throw around a bunch of NIL to make sure Bronny's team is packed with studs?

Are there any rules about relatives?
There are no rules now. Every kid can get NIL now. Doesn't really matter where it's from.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Kid is a player so it’s good to see we’re in this game. Might come down to being a B1G battle.

So funny.

Football board everyone is complaining about “mercenaries” attending Rutgers and having no connection to the university with NIL.

Meanwhile, HC Pike is actively recruiting every 1-and-done player he can.

Get it done HC Pike! This is a great idea.

Does Bronny James have an attitude problem?

Has he been an issue on teams he has played on where he acts like a primadonna?

Has LeBron caused problems where he steps in and tries to undermine the coach?

I have no idea personally but it's sounding like there are those implying something along these lines. If true, sure pass. Don't need the headache.

What if he is just a hard working team player and LeBron is just a supportive father who likes to watch his son play?

We just had great success with another former NBA player's son. Obviously not LeBron level fame, but he RHJ was a great kid and senior caused zero problems

I heard the Adidas contract was expiring in 2023 and they haven't decided to renew it yet.
The challenge with that is that if Bronny came to RU & said he wouldn't wear adidas, Nike would have all of the leverage & RU would be offered a 💩 Nike deal.

I watched that play out with one of Jordan's sons.

• Wow
Reactions: MADHAT1
The challenge with that is that if Bronny came to RU & said he wouldn't wear adidas, Nike would have all of the leverage & RU would be offered a 💩 Nike deal.

I watched that play out with one of Jordan's sons.
Depends how good he is.

Lebron is great. But he doesn’t seem like a guy who would steer his family to anything other than a “blue blood program”. His comments in the past about college basketball have always made it seem like he puts a huge value on the brand of the programs / coaches

OK, as a guy who cannot stand LeBron James, this is just ridiculous and soooo typical of our fans. Give me Bronny on the court and Gooden on the field in a nanosecond. $$$$$
I hate LeBron but his son playing here would give this program another big boost perception wise, especially if he plays really well.

Lebron is great. But he doesn’t seem like a guy who would steer his family to anything other than a “blue blood program”. His comments in the past about college basketball have always made it seem like he puts a huge value on the brand of the programs / coaches
I think LeBron once said he would have been Ohio state bound if he had to play one yr

I couldn’t see him going to a school that isn’t a Nike school and in with ESPN. They would broadcast every game, akin to Zion and Dook a few years ago. Could you imagine him coming here with BTN holding primary dibs for games?

Reactions: Les Gerson
I couldn’t see him going to a school that isn’t a Nike school and in with ESPN. They would broadcast every game, akin to Zion and Dook a few years ago. Could you imagine him coming here with BTN holding primary dibs for games?

Let's see what the media rights deal looks like before making any assumptions on where games would be televised. RU has elevated its profile from basement to mid level in the B1G.

Are blue blood programs recruiting him?

Reactions: MikeR0102
Can we start with this: Bronny does not give the hint of being a D1 3rd string basketball player.

ADVERTISEMENT