ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Meredith left NJRTC/PRTC for MMA

Leonard23

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Meredith announced on his IG last week that he left NJRTC/PRTC and wrestling to train for MMA about a month ago. NJRTC now has 2 huge holes, 1 for each RTC, and is behind. Any word on replacements? Will Martin be 1?

Remaining athletes:

Reese Humphry (head coach)

SKWC Residents
Anthony Ashnault
Tyler Graff
Ethan Ramos

Princeton RTC Residents
Nate Jackson
CJ Brucki
Boris Novachkov

Imagine SKWC needs to be careful with money. Martin would require Ashnault money and could be under contract at Ohio Stste. McKenna really good. Doesn’t have NCAA title and only 3 time All American. Martin & Ashnault 4 timers and both have won a title. Is the SKWC doing fund raisers during COVID?

We'll need to find the money for Martin or someone else, and Princeton likely has the money for Meredith's replacement. Ideally, we should have 5 or 6 from each RTC but that's unlikely without some major donors.

Do our wrestlers train only with SKWC resident wrestlers, or also train with Princeton resident wrestlers?

The NJRTC, like most organizations at this point, must be seriously hurting for funds as there have been a lot of big names on the move and they haven't been involved at all.

Lineup for RTC duals(+3kg)
57kg Pat Glory
65kg James Green and Matt Kolodzik
74kg Mekhi Lewis
86kg Nate Jackson
97kg Ty Walz
125kg Jordan Wood(hurt shoulder at Omaha so we will see)

Where are the Rutgers wrestlers?

Cliff Keen Wrestling Club
57 kg: Stevan Micic, Dylan Ragusin
65 kg: David Habit, Alec Pantaleo
74 kg: Logan Massa Malik Amine
86 kg: Dominic Abounader, Myles Amine
97 kg: Timothy Dudley
125 kg: Mason Parris, Adam Coon, Yousiff Hemida
Ohio RTC
57 kg: Jack Mueller
65 kg: Anthony Echemendia, Sammy Sasso
74 kg: Carson Karchla
86 kg: Myles Martin
97 kg: J'den Cox, Kollin Moore
125 kg: Amar Dhesi
Spartan Combat RTC
57 kg: Vito Arujau
65 kg: Yianni Diakomihalis
74 kg: Kyle Dake
86 kg: Gabe Dean, Max Dean
97 kg: Scotty Boykin
125 kg: Dom Bradley
Wolfpack WC
57 kg: Jakob Camacho
65 kg: Kevin Jack, Tariq Wilson
74 kg: Tommy Gantt, Hayden Hidlay
86 kg: Trent Hidlay, Nick Reenan
97 kg: Michael Macchiavello, Timmy McCall
125 kg: Nick Gwiazdowski
NJRTC/SERTC
57 kg: Pat Glory
65 kg: James Green, Matt Kolodzik
74 kg: Mekhi Lewis
86 kg: Nate Jackson
97 kg: Ty Walz
125 kg: Jordan Wood
Gopher WC
57 kg: Zach Sanders, Sean Rusell
65 kg: Mitch McKee, Brayton Lee
74 kg: Evan Wick, Elroy Perkins
86 kg: Brett Pfarr, Devin Skatzka
97 kg: Hayden Zilmer
125 kg: Gable Steveson, Tony Nelson

Lineup for RTC duals(+3kg)
57kg Pat Glory
65kg James Green and Matt Kolodzik
74kg Mekhi Lewis
86kg Nate Jackson
97kg Ty Walz
125kg Jordan Wood(hurt shoulder at Omaha so we will see)

Ohio RTC
Spartan Combat RTC
Wolfpack WC
NJRTC/SERTC
Gopher WC
I'm confused why NJRTC and SERTC are teaming up and no one from SKWC is wrestling.

Ohio RTC
Spartan Combat RTC
Wolfpack WC
NJRTC/SERTC
Gopher WC

What Rutgers wrestlers do you want on the NJRTC/SERTC team? The only won that would be considered is Ashnault and he let it out early he was not going.

What’s Richie Lewis been up to? Wasn’t he a world champ a couple years ago?

What’s Richie Lewis been up to? Wasn’t he a world champ a couple years ago?
Pretty sure he is only training currently in MMA. And even if he was wrestling he is not taking the 74kg spot over Lewis. Looking over the rosters, most RTC's have added guys that are not from their RTC and others have combined.

What Rutgers wrestlers do you want on the NJRTC/SERTC team? The only won that would be considered is Ashnault and he let it out early he was not going.

It would be nice to see Rivera, Suriano, and Ramos. Many of the RTCs have their top college guys listed. Also Ramos was a All American and I think he is on on the Puerto Rico Olympic. Don't understand what none of our top guys aren't competing. We have the talent. Did Ashnault say why he is not going?. Isn't there a 200k purse provided by Flo. Can't imagine our guys or the SKWC couldn't use the funds if we won.

It would be nice to see Rivera, Suriano, and Ramos. Many of the RTCs have their top college guys listed. Also Ramos was a All American and I think he is on on the Puerto Rico Olympic. Don't understand what none of our top guys aren't competing. We have the talent. Did Ashnault say why he is not going?. Isn't there a 200k purse provided by Flo. Can't imagine our guys or the SKWC couldn't use the funds if we won.
Suriano is not part of the NJRTC and was he interested? Rivera cannot make 57kg and 65 is Green and Koldzik(And Rivera is wrestling in the Tar Heels wrestling event, the same event Ash wanted to wrestle in on the same day, that Flo blocked him). And Ramos is not better than Nate Jackson. And the SKWC is not an RTC so they would not get the money. NJRTC would get the money.

ScarletGrapfan - I thought it was reported that the SKWC pays the Rutgers athletes and the PWC pays the Princeton athletes. It was said that the only person the NJRTC pays is Reece. So why would the NJRTC get the money? The SKWC is also listed as a RTC. A number of the RTCs list two guys at a weight. If this were a real partnership with Princeton, why wouldn't we have one or two guys competing? As you seem to be an insider, is there something us fans don't know?

ScarletGrapfan - I thought it was reported that the SKWC pays the Rutgers athletes and the PWC pays the Princeton athletes. It was said that the only person the NJRTC pays is Reece. So why would the NJRTC get the money? The SKWC is also listed as a RTC. A number of the RTCs list two guys at a weight. If this were a real partnership with Princeton, why wouldn't we have one or two guys competing? As you seem to be an insider, is there something us fans don't know?
What about Graff? Is he gone too? He’s good enough to be on this list.

Suriano is not part of the NJRTC and was he interested? Rivera cannot make 57kg and 65 is Green and Koldzik(And Rivera is wrestling in the Tar Heels wrestling event, the same event Ash wanted to wrestle in on the same day, that Flo blocked him). And Ramos is not better than Nate Jackson. And the SKWC is not an RTC so they would not get the money. NJRTC would get the money.
What about Graff? Is he gone too? He’s good enough to be on this list

Forgot about Graff. He is a world team member and should be completing. Something doesn't seem right. Maybe WNG can comment.

Graff definitely good enough, I know he is training for the trials, he has kept what weight he is going quiet(57kg or 65kg...no 61kg in Olympics). Maybe he did not want to break up his training cycle as he is peaking for the trials.
I do not think anyone is "snubbing" SKWC or RU wrestlers. The Tarheel wrestling event is the same night and Anthony and Kemal Begakuv were going to wrestle at UNC with Rivera, Aguilar, and Alvarez. Then due to the Flo 8-man contract Anthony could not wrestle and did not want to compete at the RTC event.

Reactions: Leonard23
Graff definitely good enough, I know he is training for the trials, he has kept what weight he is going quiet(57kg or 65kg...no 61kg in Olympics). Maybe he did not want to break up his training cycle as he is peaking for the trials.
I do not think anyone is "snubbing" SKWC or RU wrestlers. The Tarheel wrestling event is the same night and Anthony and Kemal Begakuv were going to wrestle at UNC with Rivera, Aguilar, and Alvarez. Then due to the Flo 8-man contract Anthony could not wrestle and did not want to compete at the RTC event.
Wonder why Ashnault cant wrestle and Green can.Seems odd that that those specifics in the contracts would be different

Wonder why Ashnault cant wrestle and Green can.Seems odd that that those specifics in the contracts would be different

I only said AA could not wrestle in the Tar Heel event because of the Flo contract.. From what I know he decided not to wrestle in the RTC event

I only said AA could not wrestle in the Tar Heel event because of the Flo contract.. From what I know he decided not to wrestle in the RTC event
That makes more sense.And doesn't make Flo look good.Flo is basically saying you can compete before the 150 event as long as it is on a Flo event.And they will say they're trying to grow wrestling while taking opportunities away from athletes.

Reactions: ScarletGrapfan
That makes more sense.And doesn't make Flo look good.Flo is basically saying you can compete before the 150 event as long as it is on a Flo event.And they will say they're trying to grow wrestling while taking opportunities away from athletes.

They’re trying to grow the sport but it’s also a for-profit business. If Ashnault gets hurt for a different company, Flo gains nothing. I’m sure Ashnault is cool with the logic too, otherwise he wouldn’t have signed the contract.

They’re trying to grow the sport but it’s also a for-profit business. If Ashnault gets hurt for a different company, Flo gains nothing. I’m sure Ashnault is cool with the logic too, otherwise he wouldn’t have signed the contract.
If Ashnault was cool with the logic and was aware of it then why did he agree to the UNC match? He was told after he agreed to wrestle the UNC event. Ashnault also has a Rokfin channel just Flo trying to get back at him by limiting his opportunities

ADVERTISEMENT