ADVERTISEMENT

BTN Crispin WTF

How the hell can we go from 8th in the power rankings last week to 11th this week.

After beating a ranked team on the road?

Nebraska and Indiana going to the NCAA tournament? Indy without winning a tournament game!!!!

Crack is bad

I saw that
So stupid

His logic was we have 2 very tough games coming up that he predicts we will lose

Thus, he had to preemptively drop us.

WTH kind of logic is that?

I am glad he did that

I doubt our players are aware of it, but the less respect we get the better.

We need to keep proving it.
(Well, actually, the team does. Not me.)
:smiley:

WWE_Triple_H_Funny_4.gif

Crispin's predictions for final 2 games-- he basically has RU losing to Penn State and Illinois:
http://btn.com/2019/03/04/big-ten-power-rankings-where-jon-crispin-thinks-the-teams-will-finish/

10. Indiana (15-14, 6-12). I see the Hoosiers winning out and continuing to gain momentum heading into the Big Ten tournament. They have become one of the most dangerous teams in the conference with a chance for an at-large berth still in the picture.
Last week: 11

11. Rutgers (14-14, 7-11). The Scarlet Knights close things out against two of the hotter teams in the conference, in Penn State and Indiana. If they lose both games, Indiana wins the tiebreaker with two wins over Michigan State. Regardless of whether Rutgers receives a first-round bye in the Big Ten tournament, this season has been a huge step forward for Steve Pikiell and crew.
Last week: 8

12. Penn State (12-17, 5-13). As good as the Nittany Lions are playing, I can see them splitting their last two games, against Rutgers and Illinois. A completely different team than it was in January, this is a group that no one will want to face in the Big Ten tournament.
Last week: 12

From the article:
“It being the last week, I thought I’d do something a little different with my Big Ten Power Rankings, presented by ArcelorMittal, and project the Big Ten tourney seeds.”

Which is a bit weird, tbh. Just do the Power Rankings, and then do another article on "Big Ten Tourney projection" - double the content, more clicks to the site and shares, etc. It's not like BTN.com is limited by column inches.

Guys been sucking our dicks all year and people love him but then he makes a prediction that can easily happen and people have a meltdown. So embarrassing.

I think it was mostly because people were looking at it as a Power Ranking, and not a "how I think the seeds will fall out in the tournament". In that context, it makes much more sense - though why not do a Seeding Predictor in addition to the Power Ranking, I don't know.

Guys been sucking our dicks all year and people love him but then he makes a prediction that can easily happen and people have a meltdown. So embarrassing.
I sure hope you’re not to embarrassed, considering this is a Rutgers talk message board.
The man said Nebraska has a chance for the NCAA tournament and Indiana could lose their first game in the tournament and get in if they finish the regular season with two wins... you don’t find that strange?

Reactions: RUDutch and shields
I sure hope you’re not to embarrassed, considering this is a Rutgers talk message board.
The man said Nebraska has a chance for the NCAA tournament and Indiana could lose their first game in the tournament and get in if they finish the regular season with two wins... you don’t find that strange?
I find it strange that Indiana has stayed in the bubble talk as long as they have. I just don't see it, but most say that the bubble is very weak this year.

How do you update your power rankings by “predicting” how the last two games are gonna play out for every team? Apples and oranges.

If that were the case then the previous week he would have had us at at 11 because “they’re probably gonna lose to Iowa.”

I find it strange that Indiana has stayed in the bubble talk as long as they have. I just don't see it, but most say that the bubble is very weak this year.

6 quad 1 wins....Mich St 2x, Marquette, Louisville

Very strong sos...get to 17-14 and they are likely in

"I don't want to predict anything but I struggle to see them winning either of those games." Uh Jon, isn't that a prediction you just made?:confused:

Reactions: BillyC80
6 quad 1 wins....Mich St 2x, Marquette, Louisville

Very strong sos...get to 17-14 and they are likely in
I’m a little meh on Louisville. And they banked the Ville and Marquette games early before their skid. I think it just speaks to how lame the bubble is this year.

"I don't want to predict anything but I struggle to see them winning either of those games." Uh Jon, isn't that a prediction you just made?:confused:

Struggle to see us beating PSU & IU? Hilarious when we’ve already beaten them both about a month ago. All three teams are playing well so they will be dogfights.

Reactions: shields
the refs are always right..relax
I know you are just Justin chops over the refs thing but what bac is saying is we can't just complain every game that we get screwed by the refs. If it is done every time, it loses its validity. If the griping is saved for egregious situations, then you may get a sympathetic ear. But when one constantly complains, they get tuned out as a malcontent whose points have little merit

Reactions: bac2therac
I know you are just Justin chops over the refs thing but what bac is saying is we can't just complain every game that we get screwed by the refs. If it is done every time, it loses its validity. If the griping is saved for egregious situations, then you may get a sympathetic ear. But when one constantly complains, they get tuned out as a malcontent whose points have little merit

You're right

Reactions: bac2therac
How the hell can we go from 8th in the power rankings last week to 11th this week.

After beating a ranked team on the road?

Nebraska and Indiana going to the NCAA tournament? Indy without winning a tournament game!!!!

Crack is bad

Guess it turns out he knew what he was talking about. Actually we finished below his prediction.

Crispin's predictions for final 2 games-- he basically has RU losing to Penn State and Illinois:
http://btn.com/2019/03/04/big-ten-power-rankings-where-jon-crispin-thinks-the-teams-will-finish/

10. Indiana (15-14, 6-12). I see the Hoosiers winning out and continuing to gain momentum heading into the Big Ten tournament. They have become one of the most dangerous teams in the conference with a chance for an at-large berth still in the picture.
Last week: 11

11. Rutgers (14-14, 7-11). The Scarlet Knights close things out against two of the hotter teams in the conference, in Penn State and Indiana. If they lose both games, Indiana wins the tiebreaker with two wins over Michigan State. Regardless of whether Rutgers receives a first-round bye in the Big Ten tournament, this season has been a huge step forward for Steve Pikiell and crew.
Last week: 8

12. Penn State (12-17, 5-13). As good as the Nittany Lions are playing, I can see them splitting their last two games, against Rutgers and Illinois. A completely different team than it was in January, this is a group that no one will want to face in the Big Ten tournament.
Last week: 12
Was pretty right on about RU ... looking forward to a winnable first round game!!!

I thought 8 was too high tbh. Right now my bottom 4 as they're playing today are:
11. Illinois
12. Iowa
13. Nebraska
14. Northwestern

RU's performance today was an obvious bottom 4 performance but they haven't had too many of those.

I thought 8 was too high tbh. Right now my bottom 4 as they're playing today are:
11. Illinois
12. Iowa
13. Nebraska
14. Northwestern

RU's performance today was an obvious bottom 4 performance but they haven't had too many of those.

I think RU should be 12th right now. Iowa despite how poorly they are playing now cannot be put 12th

I think RU should be 12th right now. Iowa despite how poorly they are playing now cannot be put 12th
Based on today alone, RU is 14th, but if you look at the last 5 games for each team it's no contest, RU playing better than Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT