ADVERTISEMENT

BTN2GO is out / Fox Sports is in!

Richie O

Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
FOX Sports App

Beginning in mid-August, all of BTN’s network content – including games, studio shows and original programming – will be housed in the FOX Sports app alongside Big Ten football games airing on FOX and FS1. That content will no longer live on BTN2Go, which will cease to exist in its current form. Ultimately, consolidating everything into one location will make it easier for fans to find what they are looking for on game day. The existing BTN2Go app will officially transition into an app for the BTN Plus platform, which houses over 1,000 non-televised games and events as well as archives of classic Big Ten football and men’s basketball games.

Well that sucks. It was so easy to find an event replay on BTN2Go and... impossible to do so on Fox Sports, as far as I can tell.

Time for me to start manually recording all our games.

I assume there will still be a charge to access BTN Plus content as well.

Reactions: gregkoko
Well that sucks. It was so easy to find an event replay on BTN2Go and... impossible to do so on Fox Sports, as far as I can tell.

Time for me to start manually recording all our games.

I assume there will still be a charge to access BTN Plus content as well.

As far as I know BTN Plus will stay the same.

Reactions: kcg88
There was always a charge for BTN Plus though right? Otherwise I got scammed lol

Is there a way to sign up for BTN on a monthly basis without signing up for cable? Cordcutter here... ;)

Trying to watch RU games (football and basketball) without having to resign up for Youtube TV during the seasons. Would much rather pay $10-20 a month than $50 a month.

Is there a way to sign up for BTN on a monthly basis without signing up for cable? Cordcutter here... ;)

Trying to watch RU games (football and basketball) without having to resign up for Youtube TV during the seasons. Would much rather pay $10-20 a month than $50 a month.

Nope. The cable companies (and YTTV, Hulu Live, etc) pay the Big Ten a lot of money to be the ones carrying the games. If the Big Ten did an end-around and offered a direct-to-consumer BTN-only option, that would cut off the revenue stream from the cable/streaming companies.

You can watch all the games by checking out Reddit live streams pages for links. Also could get a jaikbroken firestick

Won’t miss the repetitive advertising pitching products from companies only midwesteners purchase.

GO RU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT