ADVERTISEMENT

Bucknell game

My guess is we're going to look to pressure Bucknell's guards and chase them off the line, and leave Omoruyi on an island under the basket to deal with their center. Fittingly named "Screen", he seems to be a post player only, with only a single missed attempt from behind the arc all year.

Reactions: RutgersSouthFL
Bucknell roster is two 7 footers and a 6-10 guy

They have two 7 footers, but one doesn't really play.

Their starters:
32.7 min - Rice (6-3, 16.2 pts, 2.8 rb, 4.3 ast)
29.1 min - Edmonds (6-1, 9.1 pts, 2.9 rb, 2.8 ast)
28.8 min - Timmerman (6-9, 11.2 pts, 6.7 rb)
23.4 min - Screen (7-0, 11.5 pts, 6.2 rb)
22.5 min - Motta (6-6, 7.2 pts, 2.8 rb)

Their reserves:
19.2 min - Van Der Heijden (6-9, 4.8 pts, 4.3 rb)
14.1 min - Bascoe (6-0, 3.3 pts, 2.8 rb, 2.3 ast)
12.2 min - Bijiek (6-9, 3.1 pts, 1.5 rb)
12.1 min - Adoe (6-3, 4.7 pts, 2.3 rb)

No one else has more than 44 min across their first 12 games.

They have two 7 footers, but one doesn't really play.

Their starters:
32.7 min - Rice (6-3, 16.2 pts, 2.8 rb, 4.3 ast)
29.1 min - Edmonds (6-1, 9.1 pts, 2.9 rb, 2.8 ast)
28.8 min - Timmerman (6-9, 11.2 pts, 6.7 rb)
23.4 min - Screen (7-0, 11.5 pts, 6.2 rb)
22.5 min - Motta (6-6, 7.2 pts, 2.8 rb)

Their reserves:
19.2 min - Van Der Heijden (6-9, 4.8 pts, 4.3 rb)
14.1 min - Bascoe (6-0, 3.3 pts, 2.8 rb, 2.3 ast)
12.2 min - Bijiek (6-9, 3.1 pts, 1.5 rb)
12.1 min - Adoe (6-3, 4.7 pts, 2.3 rb)

No one else has more than 44 min across their first 12 games.

What's kind of amazing about that lineup, too, is that not one of those 9 rotational guys is a transfer from another program. Every one has spent his entire D1 career at Bucknell. Wonder how many teams in the country can say that.

Student section will be empty due to break but how will the rest of the arena be with the near zero wind chill outside in Jersey and probable black ice roads?

Much needed parking/Concession and 50-50 Revenues are going to take a hit

Reactions: biker7766
They’ve invented this thing called salt that melts ice on roads. I haven’t slid on ice on a road in 30 years. Of course, that was on my way to a Rutgers game and the only non-deer related accident in my life.

They’ve invented this thing called salt that melts ice on roads. I haven’t slid on ice on a road in 30 years. Of course, that was on my way to a Rutgers game and the only non-deer related accident in my life.
Salt is going to be tough for this one. The rain is so heavy that it's washing off/diluting the salt on the road, the temperature is going down to single digits tonight. There will definitely be patches of ice tomorrow in places, especially anywhere where there could be puddles of standing water.

Student section will be empty due to break but how will the rest of the arena be with the near zero wind chill outside in Jersey and probable black ice roads?

Yea I'm wondering about the conditions and turnout.

I have some tickets but everyone is bailing due to weather

Think the roads will be icy people? I live in California now so haven't driven on icy roads in yearsss. I'm a bit concerned

While the Rutgers athletic department is mostly incompetent, I doubt losing a few concession dollars from a holiday game against Bucknell will affect future plans. They already knew the students would be gone and that attendance would be a bit lighter due to Christmas. I wouldn't worry about it.

Hopefully the rain stops shortly so they can salt the roads without any of it washing away.

While the Rutgers athletic department is mostly incompetent, I doubt losing a few concession dollars from a holiday game against Bucknell will affect future plans. They already knew the students would be gone and that attendance would be a bit lighter due to Christmas. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah def but everything counts for a cash strapped Athletic Dept

Reactions: RutgersSouthFL
At temps you will see tonight road salt alone cant be relied on to prevent icing. With black ice it only takes one bad patch or one untreated road to spin helplessly in your vehicle. Please do take care and particularly on back roads proceed with caution.

I haven’t seen a 50-50 yet this season. If they are selling them they’re doing a great job of keeping it quiet.

PS - the frisbee dogs at the WF game were the first halftime entertainment this year as well.

ADVERTISEMENT