ADVERTISEMENT

Buffalo head coach

You can be sure that AD Hobbs has been in touch with the agent for Troy State’s Neal Brown. He has northeast football in his background and his teams have some amazing performances against the Big Boys. He is a young, proven head coach.

You can be sure...Yes I'm sure that Hobss hasn't and will not be contacting any Coaches for another 18 months at the earliest

You can be sure...Yes I'm sure that Hobss hasn't and will not be contacting any Coaches for another 18 months at the earliest
Hobbs should be establishing relationships with agents and coaches in waiting. You never know. James Franklin at Penn State does this for coordinators and assistants. Smart practice.

Reactions: bigmatt718
Hobbs should be establishing relationships with agents and coaches in waiting. You never know. James Franklin at Penn State does this for coordinators and assistants. Smart practice.
Yeah being proactive is a good strategy. We got caught with our pants down when Schiano bolted because Pernetti didn't do that.

Franklin isn't an AD (Hobbs) saying "I'm kicking tires on potential new head coaches" even though I have 9+- million to pay my current head coach .this is why most colleges hire recruiting firms or search commitees to review the pool of potential coaches before an AD interviews.

Yeah being proactive is a good strategy. We got caught with our pants down when Schiano bolted because Pernetti didn't do that.

Incorrect...Pernetti HAD a list of potential hires before Greg left..Cristobol and Addazio were on the list but RU only wanted to pay 1.4 Million when Greg was making 2 Million..

Remember that Schiano bolted on Jan 26, 6 days before National Signing Day and most folks thought he was out of town at Joe Patierno's funeral. Trying to find a coach well after a lot of potential hires were already taken 6 days before National Signing Day..on Rutgers budget was not his fault..

Pernetti noted at press conference when Greg left "this is a high profile attractive job in the #1 media market" and had a list in place

Pernetti noted that RU had a senior laden team and consistency keeping Flood on the RU budget was decided the best option. He probably should have hired from the staff Cignetti who has since followed Fleck .

Cancel the $4M locker room and pay Leopold $1M a year for the next 4 years until we can get rid of Ash. Anyone who can make Buffalo a winner has a magic touch.

Reactions: APKnight
Cancel the $4M locker room and pay Leopold $1M a year for the next 4 years until we can get rid of Ash. Anyone who can make Buffalo a winner has a magic touch.

Yes, but you gotta still do the locker room because the donation money was earmarked for that.

ADVERTISEMENT