ADVERTISEMENT

Bye to Doris Burke

She's the analyst and Dave O'Brien is the play by play. What I don't like about her is her constant talking. Doesn't get anyone else to get a word in.
I know that. My point was when she is babbling nobody gets to do the PBP.

I have always liked Doris and wish her well. She must be doing something right or she wouldn't be calling NBA games or men's college basketball. She is a pioneer for women in basketball broadcasting. If you think she talks to much, you should listen to a game Bill Walton calls. He never stops talking and often goes off on tangents that have nothing to do with the game he is calling or even on basketball! I believe Kara Lawson will be taking Doris's spot. I really like her too.

Andy Landers could not keep up, with CVS or anyone else. That is why he left. As to Jody Conradt, what was her win total and record when she retired?

Damn, it is so easy to just say sh*t on these boards.

And CVS can't keep up with anyone else now, either. Lol lol lol lol

Her record over the last 6 years was posted earlier, just keep laughing. You are just like the poster above who wants her fired for never having won a NC. That puts every other RU coach on the same list. How about we celebrate our coaches who run P5 competitive programs. And don't cite last year's record as your only example. If you do you will have to defend football and MBB as well as many other Rutgers sports.

Reactions: Scarletwoman
I have always liked Doris and wish her well. She must be doing something right or she wouldn't be calling NBA games or men's college basketball. She is a pioneer for women in basketball broadcasting. If you think she talks to much, you should listen to a game Bill Walton calls. He never stops talking and often goes off on tangents that have nothing to do with the game he is calling or even on basketball! I believe Kara Lawson will be taking Doris's spot. I really like her too.
Walton is a fool, can't believe he is allowed to do games, sounds wasted. Thank goodness we East Coasters don't have to listen to him much.

Andy Landers could not keep up, with CVS or anyone else. That is why he left. As to Jody Conradt, what was her win total and record when she retired?

Damn, it is so easy to just say sh*t on these boards.

Jody retired with exactly 900 wins...as much as I detest, loathe and abhor anything uterus (longhorn logo), Jody was amazing!

CVS doesn't know when it is time to leave and will not leave of her own will. That is for sure!

CVS doesn't know when it is time to leave and will not leave of her own will. That is for sure!
I'm sure Hobbs is the one that is going to decide.
Vivian might want to stay, but the RU AD will have the final say.
I feel the stay or go decision will be based on the 2017-18 season.
An NCAA bid will more than likely have Hobbs bring CVS back.
But I expect a losing season will mean Stringer's departure.
The way leaves could be outright termination or ride off into the sunset as a Coach Emeritus by retiring.
The way C.Vivian Stringer handles Hobbs telling her it's over will be the difference from being honored with a retirement ceremony or being thanked but told times up RU WBB is moving on to a new chapter.

I see that *every* thread seems to turn to being about CVS.
Seems to be true.
Those who want her gone use every opportunity to connect what's posted to her.
But, even if I think that's overkill , she is fair game as long as it can related to the issue posted ( my opinion).
Announcers retiring turning into a thread about Vivian might be a little on the overkill side , but probably considered a great opportunity for those with the Stringer must go agenda.

Reactions: dmd78
ADVERTISEMENT