ADVERTISEMENT

BYU site; Schedule a game with RUtgers Football?

• The last few years BYU fans have complained about the difficulty of the schedule. If BYU were to schedule Rutgers in the next few seasons that would definitely provide some level of ease as the Scarlet Knights are... not great, Bob. Head coach Chris Ash has a miserable 7-29 record in three seasons, including a 1-11 mark in 2018. At the very least, BYU could win this game and then forever refer to it as a “win over an unnamed Big 10 opponent” in the recorded history.

Bring on the fighting Mormons...it would be the whitest fanbase ever to come to RU...and that includes Iowa, Nebby, Wisc and Indiana

Ah...a return to the "old" days when programs looked at RU with disdain with the added bonus of giving their kids a trip to NYC. We are the college football version of going to Disney World.

So the Catholics from South Bend have kicked iour asses ,the born agains of Liberty may drop some scripture on us soon and the church of latter day saints wants a piece of us too?As a devout atheist I say no more!!!?!

So the Catholics from South Bend have kicked iour asses ,the born agains of Liberty may drop some scripture on us soon and the church of latter day saints wants a piece of us too?As a devout atheist I say no more!!!?!

Don’t forget the Jesuits of BC.

Bring on the fighting Mormons...it would be the whitest fanbase ever to come to RU...and that includes Iowa, Nebby, Wisc and Indiana
Having rented an apartment in our house to Morman missionaries for 4 year a few years ago, there were many Asia and African Americans among the 26 young men that came through on their missions. Also, on occasion we met quite a few Asian, African American and Central & South American "sisters".

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition!

Not sure why anyone wants big OOC games on the schedule when we have 4 automatic losses on the schedule in conference annually (Mich, Mich St, OSU, PSU).

Not sure why anyone wants big OOC games on the schedule when we have 4 automatic losses on the schedule in conference annually (Mich, Mich St, OSU, PSU).
The B1G requires all its teams to play at least one P5 OOC. Pretty sure that BYU would count toward that requirement. Moot point though, since it's not happening.

Hobbs won’t schedule an ooc game outside of the northeast. He already destroyed great road trips to the rose bowl and Miami.

I’m still pissed about these cancelled games. Was really looking forward to traveling to them , regardless of RU record. Now UCLA is very weak and struggling .. so that’s an opportunity passed on. Plus giving the fan base a once in a lifetime trip to the Rose Bowl.

On the original topic. I’m so sick of the rock bottom status and perception Ash has brought us to and all the lame excuses our fan base has come up why. We’re back at pre-Schiano shaming levels

I'm all in on this. Think about how much fun it would be to get all those Mormon chicks out to our tailgates... and corrupt them.

When we get back on our feet and it makes sense to schedule a quality opponent out of the conference (not a knock on BC, actually, but that's not exactly original thinking) then sure, why not? But right now, no. No need, not a good idea and not useful for us.

I'm all in on this. Think about how much fun it would be to get all those Mormon chicks out to our tailgates... and corrupt them.

I feel like I remember reading there's no booze allowed...but I trust our fans would find creative solutions lol

I’m still pissed about these cancelled games. Was really looking forward to traveling to them , regardless of RU record. Now UCLA is very weak and struggling .. so that’s an opportunity passed on. Plus giving the fan base a once in a lifetime trip to the Rose Bowl.

On the original topic. I’m so sick of the rock bottom status and perception Ash has brought us to and all the lame excuses our fan base has come up why. We’re back at pre-Schiano shaming levels

Agree. The cancellation of UCLA and Miami to be replaced by Cuse and BC basically took us from potentially winning and good recruiting situations to absolute lose-lose scenarios. We get no credit for beating a Cuse or BC and if we lose it's awful for recruiting and gives them a game in NJ they'd never have otherwise.

Not to mention the absolutely moronic additions of Delaware and Monmouth to the schedule.

Hobbs really has no idea what's going on when it comes to football. A 5 minute read of the board would have told him this fanbase has little appetite for games against other Northeast teams, other than perhaps Temple because at least if we're decent it's like a home game.

Agree. The cancellation of UCLA and Miami to be replaced by Cuse and BC basically took us from potentially winning and good recruiting situations to absolute lose-lose scenarios. We get no credit for beating a Cuse or BC and if we lose it's awful for recruiting and gives them a game in NJ they'd never have otherwise.

Not to mention the absolutely moronic additions of Delaware and Monmouth to the schedule.

Hobbs really has no idea what's going on when it comes to football. A 5 minute read of the board would have told him this fanbase has little appetite for games against other Northeast teams, other than perhaps Temple because at least if we're decent it's like a home game.
this is quite evident to most,that Hobbs has no idea how to run a power 5 football program,but the get off my lawn crew will come on here to name call and defend the current mess.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
ADVERTISEMENT