ADVERTISEMENT

C. Vivian Stringer Day \ Dec 4

MADHAT1

Hall of Famer
Apr 1, 2003
CVS was the face of RUWBB for many years and when people thought of RUWBB, Vivian Stringer was the name most associated with the women's basketball program.
Well deserved
535 victories as the aru hc and a .638 winning percentage tend to make a HOF coach the face of the program
>Following a legendary career, Hall of Fame head coach C. Vivian Stringer will be enshrined on the court at Jersey Mike's Arena with a dedication ceremony on Sunday, Dec. 4<
https://scarletknights.com/news/202...lebrate_C_Vivian_Stringer_Day_December_4.aspx

Is C. Vivian Stringer well enough to attend this ceremony?
That's a good question .
CVS along with former softball coach Pat Willis, Dr. Sam Crosby a two sport athlete (wrestling & football)and former women's track & field coach Sandra Petway are to be inducted in the RU HOF today with the ceremony being held at the Heldrich Hotel in New Brunswick .
Hopefully there will be photos of the event posted and we'll see if Stringer could make it to her RU HOF induction

Son or Hobbs were attached to her at all times. They had to direct her a couple of times on where to stand and look for pictures.
Exactly. Has not appeared well last few years. Brian Shank was glued to her as well last couple of years. Needed help, seemed confused at various other times also. Same even at the celebration for win 1000, but I chalked that up to being overwhelmed with emotion.
Will see pre-game how she appears at ceremony Saturday.

She accomplished a lot at her time at RU. It’s a shame RU is playing the 4th ranked team instead of an easier opponent … on paper looks like a 40 point (maybe even 50 point loss).

Last edited:
She accomplished a lot at her team at RU. It’s a shame RU is playing the 4th ranked team instead of an easier opponent … on paper looks like a 40 point (maybe even 50 point loss).
Sad to say but it’s a True barometer to see how far the once proud program has fallen.

Reactions: nj4shore and rimsky
Checked the score … very good 2nd quarter and closer than expected (only down 15).

Watched on the BIG network and super impressed on the way the team played against a top 10 opponent. Outside of the 1Q, they played even with them the rest of the game. Impressed with Smikle, Brown and Sidibe.

Kudos to the BIG covering both the pre-game and half time ceremonies. First class job and while CVS looked wobbly, she gave brief (for her) speech at half which was heartfelt and used no notes.

I’ll be interested to hear from those there which former players they saw. I recognized Copper, Sykes, Carson and Richman. Copper joined the tv booth during the 3Q to share stories of CVS and what an important impact she had in her own life.

Overall I was very proud to be an RU WBB fan today. The team showed heart and guts in what I expected to be a blowout. If they bring that kind of game consistently and cut down the turnovers, they will win some games in the BIG.

Last edited:
Jordan Wallace, Kathleen Fitzpatrick and Brittney Ray were also there. Not sure about anyone else.

May not have pulled it out but today was a big win all the way around. If today didn't send a message to recruits that the coaching staff is on point, the history and tradition of the program is special, and the administration is committed to RU Athletics, I don't know what else it's gonna take.

The fight of this team!!!

Kahleah's interview on the BTN broadcast exemplified the legacy of CVS. You may recall when I was hard on Kah's choice of language after her MVP WNBA performance. She has always represented herself, family, and RU well on and off the court. Today's interview showed her personal growth with the media. A beautiful thing to witness....the growth of a CVS kid as she has blossomed into the phenomenal woman that she is.

This is the happiest I've ever been after a loss.

As far as the game, ....our inability to deal with a good press is gonna continue to be our kryptonite. It will make our players better in the end. Hopefully, they can grow and get it figured out over this first half of the season. They haven't been primary ball handlers against stiff competition until this season. A true point guard would have helped.

OSU is no joke though. Remember, they handled Louisville by about 20. Wasn't even that close if you watched the game. Most impressive is the explosion of MIKULOSIKOVA. She has totally transformed her game. She did nothing last year. I felt good when she was on the court for them last year because i felt like she was a weak link for them. Now......she is All-B1G at this point, easily. Can do it all. Looks like a different person.

She gives them a chance to go deep into the Tourney, with the outstanding guards and solid role players.

Reactions: eso1989
lol ...At the end of the game, looked like Coquese was thanking McGuff for putting that boot on J. Sheldon today. .....lol

Awesome last 3 quarters looking at the box score.

Nice job, ladies!!!!!

The 2 scorers on OSU were pretty much unstoppable. We could have won if it wasn't for the slow start.

kNot a bad result. Wasn’t able to attend how did CViv look in person?

they showed alot of the ceremony pregame and at half. I assume that RU will make the whole video of the events available.

CVS certainly has slowed down. Her son was at her side during the ceremonies and she sat with her son and I think his wife and kid and also I guess someone who was her assistant. CVS genuinely looked overwhelmed and in the halftime ceremony she got to speak and didnt take long for her to start crying but she was able to overcome it and thank everyone, Pat, her family, fans and players.

I was at the game and I can only speak for myself but it was quite jarring to see CVS in such a frail state. As stated before, she has definitely has slowed down a step and needed support as she walked around. It was hard to hear her on the microphone and I don't think people were aware that it was difficult to hear except for Pat Hobbs. She was genuinely overwhelmed and there wasn't a hit of hostility in the air today. It was all about showing the love for Coach Stringer. The ceremony was well done and there were a lot of video montages and former players in the house. Schiano and Pike were both there as well.

Watched on the BIG network and super impressed on the way the team played against a top 10 opponent. Outside of the 1Q, they played even with them the rest of the game. Impressed with Smikle, Brown and Sidibe.

Kudos to the BIG covering both the pre-game and half time ceremonies. First class job and while CVS looked wobbly, she gave brief (for her) speech at half which was heartfelt and used no notes.

I’ll be interested to hear from those there which former players they saw. I recognized Copper, Sykes, Carson and Richman. Copper joined the tv booth during the 3Q to share stories of CVS and what an important impact she had in her own life.

Overall I was very proud to be an RU WBB fan today. The team showed heart and guts in what I expected to be a blowout. If they bring that kind of game consistently and cut down the turnovers, they will win some games in the BIG.
Agreed. Was impressed with what Washington seems to have done with so little on the roster. Hopefully they don't wear out too much by season's end.

Reactions: eso1989
Please check out the Cagers Club Facebook page to see a bunch of pictures from Sunday's "signature" event. On hand in addition to players mentioned earlier were Katie Adams and Nikki Jett as well as former Cheney players. KK Sanders sent her mother since she is busy coaching her alma mater, and CVS asked it she brought her sweet potato pie, so she seems pretty alert. KK's mom made sure to Face Time with KK and get her to speak with Coach Stringer that way. She also said that KK is installing the famous "55" defense at her high school! Come give our Facebook page a visit and stick around for year-round basketball coverage.

Please check out the Cagers Club Facebook page to see a bunch of pictures from Sunday's "signature" event. On hand in addition to players mentioned earlier were Katie Adams and Nikki Jett as well as former Cheney players. KK Sanders sent her mother since she is busy coaching her alma mater, and CVS asked it she brought her sweet potato pie, so she seems pretty alert. KK's mom made sure to Face Time with KK and get her to speak with Coach Stringer that way. She also said that KK is installing the famous "55" defense at her high school! Come give our Facebook page a visit and stick around for year-round basketball coverage.
Great page

Ladies gave a good effort. Most concerning to me is the number of turnovers. 21 in this game. 209 so far for the season.

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT