ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb McConnell Week

I’m hoping that Caleb is the player that takes the biggest step up this season. The opportunity is there for the taking with Yeboah gone and he certainly has the talent. Sometimes I wonder if he has the confidence.
I think he just gets in his head too much. When he’s loose he has arguably the nicest shot on the team. His length is also a huge problem for the opponent in a lot of matchups

Caleb definitely has a lot of talent. He is a very likable kid. I really hope he can have an outstanding season this coming season.

I have a tough time seeing how both McConnell AND Mathis can both rise at the same time. Seems to me that one has to step down for the other to step up. McConnel a better shooter. Mathis a better athlete and defender.

I have a tough time seeing how both McConnell AND Mathis can both rise at the same time. Seems to me that one has to step down for the other to step up. McConnel a better shooter. Mathis a better athlete and defender.
That doesn't make sense to me at all. I mean, yeah they both play guard so compete for minutes. But they will both get better every year and the team will benefit from that.

We all know he has the tools to be successful. I loved the 18-19 game @Illinois where he was absolutely on fire. I hope he gets his confidence back because his shot is really nice when he’s on

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Reactions: Scangg
I got blasted for this last year by a lot of you ...because I offered an objective basketball opinion on why i thought that Caleb would be the guy that ended up behind as the 8th and 9th man...but I proved to be correct when the dust settled.

I’m going to say it again why I said it last year...because it will be the key to his development over the next year

it’s all about strength and conditioning.

Basketball skills and athleticism is there. He showed what he could do starting at the point guard in January when Geo was out

However...he absolutely wore out as the season went on...absolutely hit a brick wall to being really ineffective in February.

don’t think he hit one three pointer after January 31st

for Caleb to make the step up to reach his potential ...he MUST make a major major stride in his Stength and conditioning this year. Upper and lower body. It’s what seperates him from finishing drives to the basketball and settling for fall-away and non contact off balance shots. It’s what seperates him from being a potential plus defender on the perimeter...

If he has a major offseason in the weight room and conditioning training ...he will be far more productive next year

hoping he does so. Very likeable kid

That doesn't make sense to me at all. I mean, yeah they both play guard so compete for minutes. But they will both get better every year and the team will benefit from that.
Well said beat me to it. Just because they play same position doesn't mean one has to stay stagnate or regress for other to improve

Reactions: Eagleton96

???????

I got blasted for this last year by a lot of you ...because I offered an objective basketball opinion on why i thought that Caleb would be the guy that ended up behind as the 8th and 9th man...but I proved to be correct when the dust settled.

I’m going to say it again why I said it last year...because it will be the key to his development over the next year

it’s all about strength and conditioning.

Basketball skills and athleticism is there. He showed what he could do starting at the point guard in January when Geo was out

However...he absolutely wore out as the season went on...absolutely hit a brick wall to being really ineffective in February.

don’t think he hit one three pointer after January 31st

for Caleb to make the step up to reach his potential ...he MUST make a major major stride in his Stength and conditioning this year. Upper and lower body. It’s what seperates him from finishing drives to the basketball and settling for fall-away and non contact off balance shots. It’s what seperates him from being a potential plus defender on the perimeter...

If he has a major offseason in the weight room and conditioning training ...he will be far more productive next year

hoping he does so. Very likeable kid

What I remember is before last season, you were projecting that Caleb would average about 10 minutes or less a game. While Caleb struggled some the last few games of the year, he averaged 21+ minutes per game, and he played well in many of our wins.

ADVERTISEMENT