ADVERTISEMENT

Cali 2023 Recruits

richthedentist

All American
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2001
I know you have the portal thread up but who do we have coming in in the class of 2023?
thanks in advance

Couple of those kids are likely to play early from what I've seen. Kurdyla obviously being one. You don't want to put pressure on the kid and allow him to develop, but his skill set is just too good to not sprinkle in immediately and see where it goes from there.

I honestly think you consider playing him at Dmid. He's an offensive guy but he's super athletic. He could be be an incredible SSDM in our system.

Reactions: gef21
Couple of those kids are likely to play early from what I've seen. Kurdyla obviously being one. You don't want to put pressure on the kid and allow him to develop, but his skill set is just too good to not sprinkle in immediately and see where it goes from there.

I honestly think you consider playing him at Dmid. He's an offensive guy but he's super athletic. He could be be an incredible SSDM in our system.
I hear you, Cali, but Colin Kurdyla is the best offensive recruit we've had in a while. I just think he needs to be at either attack or at offensive middie. Need a succession plan for Scott and Knobloch.

If we were Maryland and we were bringing in five Kurdylas, then maybe I could understand putting him at SSDM.

Just my $0.02.

He's 100% not playing attack. This I can tell you. Not next year anyway.

If we are running our system properly, he would have offensive opportunities. That would be the idea. Him going against offensive middies in unsettled situations.

Sports are one year propositions now. With college free agency every year, there is no future. It's all about today. But, we do have a succession plan. His brother is an attackman.

Maryland isn't bringing in five Kurdyla's. He's a unique player and why Maryland valued him so highly.

Reactions: Wagram97
Colin will play where they need him next year. He is a team guy who wants to play and win. with that being said it may be tough to keep him off the field as he is a legit 6"2"-6'3" athlete who can run and shoot with both hands, do not be surprised the see him paired with his brother at midfield. That would certainly be a fun tandem to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT