ADVERTISEMENT

Calling a win tomorrow

Minny ranks pretty low offensively, not quite as bad as us right now. The hope can be a low scoring affair with a couple of breaks go our way

Minny ranks pretty low offensively, not quite as bad as us right now. The hope can be a low scoring affair with a couple of breaks go our way
Yep, and they haven't played the #2, #3, and #5 teams in the country that kept the numbers down. We also had five TOs last week, and if we drop that to two and get a few extended drives due to Gio's legs and a few more completions, this game is winnable. We have the RBs to match theirs, so if we score early we might be okay. Special teams concerns me, since none of the returners since Janarion was injured seem to have a sense of where to go with the ball.

Yep, and they haven't played the #2, #3, and #5 teams in the country that kept the numbers down. We also had five TOs last week, and if we drop that to two and get a few extended drives due to Gio's legs and a few more completions, this game is winnable. We have the RBs to match theirs, so if we score early we might be okay. Special teams concerns me, since none of the returners since Janarion was injured seem to have a sense of where to go with the ball.

We need to win the following battles:

- TO's. They're among the best. We're not.
- Penalties. They're among the worst. We're not.
- ST's. Both are pretty lousy.
- the crowd. It's gonna be a beautiful day, it's Homecoming, but it's an 11AM start. Take advantage of a late-ish arriving crowd/student section, early, and keep them out of the game in the 1st half.

...play solid D, execute on O, and I think we can make this game going into the 4th.

Could you imagine if this was Rutgers?
Will we continually see articles bringing this up?
"The four players were named in a sexual assault investigation. Prosecutors declined to file charges on Oct. 3, citing insufficient evidence and the players were then reinstated to the team. The four were named in the investigation into the incident, which allegedly happened in the early morning hours after the Gophers’ season-opening game vs. Oregon State on Sept. 1.

The woman who made the sexual assault accusation works home games at TCF Bank Stadium, which is why the restraining order prevents the players from being at the stadium."

My thoughts are they're taking us for granted. After the who has the edge feature and seeing what the MN rivals guy thought of us, I can only imagine the team thinks even less of us.

http://www.startribune.com/three-mo...raining-orders-won-t-play-saturday/397930251/
On Friday, Buford tweeted, “Life was simple when people wasn’t out to get me.”

Hardin is a starting cornerback who made an interception against Iowa and Maryland, with coaches citing his return as a big reason for the defense’s resurgence. The Gophers ranked last in the Big Ten in passing defense heading into the Iowa game but held the Hawkeyes and Terps to one touchdown apiece.

Buford doesn’t start, but he’s part of the Gophers nickel package. Without him and Hardin, the team likely will go back to starting sophomore Antonio Shenault at cornerback, opposite Jalen Myrick.

Dior Johnson is a reserve safety who has yet to play for the Gophers, Tamarion Johnson is a defensive end who is expected to redshirt this year, and Djam is a reserve running back who had seven carries for 33 yards against Indiana State on Sept. 10.

My thoughts are they're taking us for granted. After the who has the edge feature and seeing what the MN rivals guy thought of us, I can only imagine the team thinks even less of us.

Can't see them looking past us. Next two games are Illinois and Purdue. If I'm a Gopher fan I'm looking at winning these three and adding Northwestern later, finishing at least 8-4 and getting a decent bowl bid.
But still I think we play better today.

ADVERTISEMENT