ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Cam Spencer excited to be at Rutgers, has lofty goals this season

Last edited:
I’m intrigued with what Cam Spencer can do for this team. Can he replace Geo’s numbers?
When I look at Cam’s tape, to me he is an old-fashioned SCORER. Outside, inside, mid-range. Quick little offensive moves, up and unders, fakes, the whole gamut. I think Cam will score plenty on our team, and be one of our leading scorers, night in and night out.

Cam also does the work to pile up a lot of rebounds and steals. And he (like his older brother) is super competitive, a guy you want on your team and not the opponent you are facing.

Great job recruiting by Coach Pikiell!!

Last edited:
That’s what you got out of that article? D+
I think Pike is doing a fantastic job. I think the team has been wildly exciting in recent years, definitely on an upwards trajectory. I've liked all our players in recent years.

But to be honest, I usually don't get much of anything from such articles. Until we see stuff on the court/field, it's all just talk. It's fun to talk about and speculate and all, but I'm not going to get too excited by what anybody is saying. Gotta wait for the season and see how things look before I get excited.

OTOH, I was getting excited pretty early last season, despite the bad OOC losses. I could see a ton of potential and it looked like the team just needed to mesh a bit more and exit their early season shooting slump and we'd be having a good year.

So I'm not negative - just neutral until I see the product.

When I look at Cam’s tape, to me he is an old-fashioned SCORER. Outside, inside, mid-range. Quick little offensive moves, up and unders, fakes, the whole gamut. I think Cam will score plenty on our team, and be one of our leading scorers, night in and night out.

Cam also does the work to pile up a lot of rebounds and steals. And he (like his older brother) is super competitive, a guy you want on your team and not the opponent you are facing.

Great job recruiting by Coach Pikiell!!
They should install some Princeton offensive sets when Reiber is at the 5 and there are four other good passers/shooters out there. Probably get an open three or a layup…but only for stretches because it is a shutdownable offense if the D understands it.

I think Pike is doing a fantastic job. I think the team has been wildly exciting in recent years, definitely on an upwards trajectory. I've liked all our players in recent years.

But to be honest, I usually don't get much of anything from such articles. Until we see stuff on the court/field, it's all just talk. It's fun to talk about and speculate and all, but I'm not going to get too excited by what anybody is saying. Gotta wait for the season and see how things look before I get excited.

OTOH, I was getting excited pretty early last season, despite the bad OOC losses. I could see a ton of potential and it looked like the team just needed to mesh a bit more and exit their early season shooting slump and we'd be having a good year.

So I'm not negative - just neutral until I see the product.
Post #9 in this thread is my summary of his game, which is based on what I have seen on tape, not the article. Articles and Pike commentary gives me more information, but Cam’s tape says it all.

A guard with length.. "super competitve" he says.. can score... what's not to like?

Welcome Cam.. Spencer for Hire (man, am I old.. but "Hawk" was a Rutgers guy, Avery Brooks, aka Captain Cisco of Deep Space Nine)

Reactions: Scangg
ADVERTISEMENT