ADVERTISEMENT

Camp

Originally posted by PhilaPhans:
Any idea why he chose not to wrestle this weekend?
That's the million dollar question. Seems our 2 insiders are staying away from this one.

WNG or Josh, any update re: Camp not wrestling at Wilkes?

Is he hurt or did the coaches want to give him some more time?

Just curious, as I am looking forward to seeing him back on the mat again.

I am beginning to worry about this. I find it odd that none of the insiders have responded to this post or made any mention about Camp. I hope they are not holding out on us. I also was looking forward to seeing him on the mat again.

This would seem like a potential concern. Ideally a warm up before the Iowa match would be preferred. Did Normandia participate at Wilkes or the Midlands. If he did not, perhaps he is likely to start on Friday?

Originally posted by rufeelinit:
This would seem like a potential concern. Ideally a warm up before the Iowa match would be preferred. Did Normandia participate at Wilkes or the Midlands. If he did not, perhaps he is likely to start on Friday?
Agree, would be very tuff for Camps first match back to be against Iowa. Something tells me Camp will not be in the lineup on Jan 2

Maybe still not eligible to wrestle even in an Open Tourny like this?

Originally posted by Abro1975:
Maybe still not eligible to wrestle even in an Open Tourny like this?
Abro Midlands and Wilkes are both Open Tournaments anyone(except High School wrestlers) are eligible to compete.

Camp felt like he needed a week or two for return. We think he is ready and looks sharp in practice. We would have liked him to have a few live matches under his belt pre-January, but a thoroughbred will race best when think they are ready.

Thanks Josh, let him come back when he is ready. No point in sending him out if he is not ready. Big ten seeding also a factor.

Originally posted by josh1728:
Camp felt like he needed a week or two for return. We think he is ready and looks sharp in practice. We would have liked him to have a few live matches under his belt pre-January, but a thoroughbred will race best when think they are ready.
I'm completely fine with this.

With the lack of response, I was just praying that he wasn't:
1.) Injured
2.) Ineligible
3.) Leaving

That's a big hole to fill at 197 if he wasn't here.

Josh,

So to the best of your knowledge, does that mean he is or is not in for Friday night ? Thanks.

I find this very odd. The night before wilkes Camp Tweet read Cant wait to compete! And then he doesnt go? If that wasnr a perfect day to get his feet wet i dont know what is. Even if he wrestked 2 matches and then defaulted out of tourn. Just dont get it. So disapointed. I would be shocked to see him against Iowa now.

Passé
You willbe shocked then so be prepared. Josh, what the hell do you know about thoroughbred? I owned and raced them for 35 years. Haha.

Good news then wng. Thats a hell of a first match back. Good info though. Thanks

That's good to hear then. Wilkes seemed like a perfect spot to get the rust off., but if you're not ready you're not ready. PS- the Skull Session is sold out, I should have acted earlier. But I will be there in Sec 114 in great seats, so looking forward to a fabulous night.
Originally posted by wngarbarini:
Passé
You willbe shocked then so be prepared. Josh, what the hell do you know about thoroughbred? I owned and raced them for 35 years. Haha.

Thats great, but there are 2 of us, so if only 1 I couldn't leave my buddy behind. I emailed the name you mentioned and he was nice enough to say even though sold out, if anyone cancels he would email us back. Sounds like there will be a very good turnout for Friday night vs Iowa ! They had a good showing at Midlands.
Originally posted by wngarbarini:
Abro
I may have an extra. Will know soon

This post was edited on 12/30 9:39 PM by Abro1975

Abro
Can get you two. Email me at wngarbarini@verizon.net and I will give you the contact info

Feature article today on the RU debut of 4x NJ State Champ (ex OSU Buckeye) Andrew Campolattano. Warning- Article written by Matt Stanmyre of NJcom .
Link: Camp story

Very nice article. He is a very nice young man and I hope he reaches his goals!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT