ADVERTISEMENT

Campy B-Horror Movie Pledge Night (1990) Filmed At Rutgers?!?!

DirtyRU

All American
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2002
I just finished watching this. First off it's awful... and great at the same time, haha. Second, as a horror movie fan and a Rutgers fan who thought he knew all things pop-culture Rutgers-related, how did I NOT know of this movie's existence?!?! Has anyone else seen it? It even has a scene at Greasy Tony's, ha. Anyway, a torrent of it is hard to find but it's out there. And you can also watch it on Amazon Prime Video if you have an added subscription, which you can do for free for 7 days. The fraternity house in the movie is that big one with the columns on 21 Union Street, and then some of the movie is also filmed at one of those sorority houses across the street, also on Union. The only actual Rutgers reference I spotted was in the opening scene, when all the frat brothers are running out of the house, one guy is wearing a Rutgers sweatshirt. Of course some knucklehead comes out before him wearing a Michigan hat... prob. was an extra who was a Rutgers student rocking Mich. gear. Weak! But understandable given the timeframe.

That said, anyone on the board have any ties to the movie? Stories, connections, etc?

101FILMS538BR_pledge_night_2d_2400x.jpg

Last edited:
Filmed over winter break in the late 80's at Delta Phi and Zeta Beta Tau (26 Union St.).
Several of my ZBT brothers appear as extras.
The location story:

Reactions: DirtyRU
P.S. Joey Belladonna, former lead singer for Anthrax, plays the killer Sid. Music for the movie was all from Anthrax, ha.
Joey is the current lead singer for Anthrax. It can be hard to keep up, lead singer of Anthrax is like the bass player in Metallica.

And, I thought I knew Anthrax. @RU_DIO probably knows this, but:

Frank Belo is not the only bassist the band had- Dan Lilker was the first bassist.
Anthrax has had several lead singers:
1981 John Connelly
1981 Dirk Kennedy
1981-82- Jason Rosenfeld
1982- Tommy Wise
1982-84- Neil Turbin
1984- Matt Fallon
1992-2005; 2009-10- John Bush
2007-09- Dan Nelson

1984-92; 2005-07; 2010-present--Joey Belladonna

Scott Ian- the only original member who has been with the band since inception.

Yup, ha. Lots of topless stuff. Hilarious and unnecessary, haha. And yup, R rating. Movie is really terrible, love it, ha
Sorry to bust this thread but while I have your attention, @DirtyRU, when is your awesome wallpaper for the upcoming season going to be available? :WooHoo:

Joey is the current lead singer for Anthrax. It can be hard to keep up, lead singer of Anthrax is like the bass player in Metallica.

And, I thought I knew Anthrax. @RU_DIO probably knows this, but:

Frank Belo is not the only bassist the band had- Dan Lilker was the first bassist.
Anthrax has had several lead singers:
1981 John Connelly
1981 Dirk Kennedy
1981-82- Jason Rosenfeld
1982- Tommy Wise
1982-84- Neil Turbin
1984- Matt Fallon
1992-2005; 2009-10- John Bush
2007-09- Dan Nelson

1984-92; 2005-07; 2010-present--Joey Belladonna

Scott Ian- the only original member who has been with the band since inception.
John Bush has such a great voice. Wasted his talents with Armored Saint. Joey was Anthrax's singer to me.

I just finished watching this. First off it's awful... and great at the same time, haha. Second, as a horror movie fan and a Rutgers fan who thought he knew all things pop-culture Rutgers-related, how did I NOT know of this movie's existence?!?! Has anyone else seen it? It even has a scene at Greasy Tony's, ha. Anyway, a torrent of it is hard to find but it's out there. And you can also watch it on Amazon Prime Video if you have an added subscription, which you can do for free for 7 days.
No idea if this is the entire film, but just found this on YouTube:

I just finished watching this. First off it's awful... and great at the same time, haha. Second, as a horror movie fan and a Rutgers fan who thought he knew all things pop-culture Rutgers-related, how did I NOT know of this movie's existence?!?! Has anyone else seen it? It even has a scene at Greasy Tony's, ha. Anyway, a torrent of it is hard to find but it's out there. And you can also watch it on Amazon Prime Video if you have an added subscription, which you can do for free for 7 days. The fraternity house in the movie is that big one with the columns on 21 Union Street, and then some of the movie is also filmed at one of those sorority houses across the street, also on Union. The only actual Rutgers reference I spotted was in the opening scene, when all the frat brothers are running out of the house, one guy is wearing a Rutgers sweatshirt. Of course some knucklehead comes out before him wearing a Michigan hat... prob. was an extra who was a Rutgers student rocking Mich. gear. Weak! But understandable given the timeframe.

That said, anyone on the board have any ties to the movie? Stories, connections, etc?

101FILMS538BR_pledge_night_2d_2400x.jpg
Was the entire move filmed at Toilet Dining Hall on Livingston?

When it was filmed at the ZBT house, the house dog (Sarge) ate a prop brain and the director was really pissed. Sarge threw up the next day - in my room.
I remember being amazed at how long they worked to set up a shot. It took a couple hours to set up the railroad tracks for the camera dolly on the front walk (for the shot where all the people run out of the house).

Another (more mainstream) film, shot at least partially on Rutgers campus, was "The World According to Garp", with a young Robin Williams.

ADVERTISEMENT