ADVERTISEMENT

Cape Cod Baseball League

Did a follow-up. These Big Ten teams are represented in the CCBL - Indiana, Nebraska, Michigan State (4), Maryland (3), Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan (7), Purdue, Minnesota. These Big Ten baseball programs are not represented in the CCBL - Illinois, Iowa, Rutgers, Northwestern.

Did a follow-up. These Big Ten teams are represented in the CCBL - Indiana, Nebraska, Michigan State (4), Maryland (3), Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan (7), Purdue, Minnesota. These Big Ten baseball programs are not represented in the CCBL - Illinois, Iowa, Rutgers, Northwestern.

Some of them are playing locally in the ACBL which is a local version of the CCBL

Found Rutgers players on the roster of the Mohawk Valley DiamondDawgs of the Perfect Game Collegiate Summer League (Mike Martinez, Colin Bohnert).

ACBL back in the 70s was fairly close to cape cod league. They used to play an all star game. Players like Rick Cerone played in ACBL back then.

Do any of the Rutgers coaches hook up with the Cape Cod league or other leagues? Has to help with connections, recruiting, player development. The idea that you can win the Big Ten and have a national exposure the way the Rutgers baseball program is put together is bogus. Hopefully AD Hobbs puts his signature on this program. Like wrestling, NJ has solid baseball foundation, but it is not enough to just recruit NJ and load the staff with Rutgers guys. That is Mr. Magoo stuff. There is no reason why Rutgers baseball can't have national stature.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sluggersdad
Max Herrmann plays for the Brewster Whitecaps.

http://www.brewsterwhitecaps.com/2016-roster.html

I Google-ed and see John O'Reilly playing for the Orleans Firebirds, though he does not show up on the posted roster. See video of interview for Game 28 Player of the Game John O'Reilly.

http://www.orleansfirebirds.com/

Just returned from East Falmouth, MA ... Would have loved to see these guys in action.
I did not see Rutgers players on rosters when I began this thread.
Thanks BaseballFan913.

Reactions: BaseballFan913
You get invited to play in the Cape, you go. You don't play in ACBL because it is closer to home. Two of my friends are scouting directors and they always spend time at Cape and never go to ACBL games.

You get invited to play in the Cape, you go. You don't play in ACBL because it is closer to home. Two of my friends are scouting directors and they always spend time at Cape and never go to ACBL games.
Apparently things have changed from the 70's.

Is it easier to be invited if a Rutgers baseball staff member is coaching in the Cape Cod League?

A friend reports Roxbury, NJ's Nick Matera playing for the Sag Harbor Whalers of the Hamptons Collegiate Baseball League. Sag Harbor ... Billy Joel in the neighborhood.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT