ADVERTISEMENT

Cappie announces retirement

SIGH. Just sigh for now, and thanks to my all-time RU player ever. 1st TSB, then, Matee,and next?? The end of an era is certainly in full swing in many ways. Thanks Cappie!!!!

Boy does this stuff make me feel old. Players you've seen come int the program, play 4 years, then a long Pro career, then done. Yikes lol.

Congrats to her though. She's had some ride.
Exactly! Had the exact conversation with a friend last night. Really makes you look in the mirror, and do some serious soul searching. The players are like your kids when they commit, and then you watch them transition through the years.

One of the all-time greats, at RU and in the WNBA. I hope she has as much success in retirement as she had as a player.

Reactions: RUJMM78
https://www.wnba.com/news/nba-deputy-commissioner-and-coo-mark-tatums-statement-on-cappie-pondexter/
Nice, and from the NBA to boot!!

NBA Deputy Commissioner and COO Mark Tatum released the following statement today regarding Cappie Pondexter’s retirement:

“Cappie Pondexter is one of the greatest players and fiercest competitors in WNBA history. She made her mark on the league with her vibrant personality and distinctive style, earning two WNBA championships and seven All-Star selections along the way. We expect more great things from her in whatever she does next and wish her nothing but the best.”

Reactions: MADHAT1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT