ADVERTISEMENT

Carino: For Rutgers football, late-arriving fans didn't help vs. Ohio State

if one QBR code is tried to 4 tickets then how can you transfer 1 of the tickets?...QBR code will not be recreated to account from going to 4 tickets to 3 or less under your premise...fact that digital tickets are here to stay...RU needs more scanners and personnel...and larger gates...

Would be one QR code for each ticket in your wallet. Once you transfer a ticket, it's no longer in your wallet.

Not sure I understand your point on the mobile passes. They don't read a QR code on my phone. I have the first ticket and they read it. I just swipe for the next 4. Takes all of 10 seconds tops. When they actually had to scan the bar code, that was always the same or worse due to the reader. I do agree they need more scanners, resources and signs earlier in the process.

Seems like there are versioning issues with Google Pay, and inconsistent experience at the gates. The guy scanning tickets at the East Gate told me he had to scan the QR code, and made me click on "See Code" to get to that screen. I had no option at that point to swipe to the next ticket, without backing back out and clicking "See Code" on the next ticket.

As others have said above, that's not their experience (and seems like it's not your experience). If NFC is available where they can just read it from my phone without needing a QR code, that's great - but the guy with the scanner apparently wasn't aware of that feature. My Google Pay app is the most recent version in the Play Store, and it doesn't allow swiping between QR codes.

I just checked and I do have a google pay update available. I'm on version 2.130.370156226 from what I can see from the apk backup I just did. Can't find the version anywhere in the app. Guess I won't be updating. Here's how the main screen looks with the tickets at the bottom and how it looks mid-swipe and you can definitely see the QR codes on each ticket.

home.jpg

tickets.jpg

Yeah, mine doesn't look like that. The first screen is the same, but the second isn't.

It has a NFC icon in blue with text that says "Hold to reader", then it shows the red ticket portion in your second image from the Block R down to the Section and Row/Seat. Below that, it has a jpg of Adam Korsak and under that a link that says "Show Code" and then an oval button that says "Details".

App info tells me it's version 137.1.4 (arm64-v8a_release_flutter)

Yeah, mine doesn't look like that. The first screen is the same, but the second isn't.

It has a NFC icon in blue with text that says "Hold to reader", then it shows the red ticket portion in your second image from the Block R down to the Section and Row/Seat. Below that, it has a jpg of Adam Korsak and under that a link that says "Show Code" and then an oval button that says "Details".

App info tells me it's version 137.1.4 (arm64-v8a_release_flutter)
Only last thing I can think of is if you try to turn off the NFC. I don't have mine on so maybe that makes the difference. It asks me every time i open the app to turn it on but i keep clicking no. If it's not that, they must have changed it in the app.

I just checked my iphone's mobile wallet.

My tickets open with no visible QR code, but they have a pulsating icon at the bottom that says "Hold Near Reader". I assume that's for NFC ticket scanning.

There is a circle with 3 dots in the upper right corner that brings me to further options (e.g. this is where I must go when I want to delete the ticket from the digital wallet). This screen also displays the QR code, so there is a way to get to it.

I was confused because the parking passes are different. They have the QR code right on each ticket.

I just checked my iphone's mobile wallet.

My tickets open with no visible QR code, but they have a pulsating icon at the bottom that says "Hold Near Reader". I assume that's for NFC ticket scanning.

There is a circle with 3 dots in the upper right corner that brings me to further options (e.g. this is where I must go when I want to delete the ticket from the digital wallet). This screen also displays the QR code, so there is a way to get to it.

I was confused because the parking passes are different. They have the QR code right on each ticket.
My Google Pay has both options.
"Hold to Reader" with a radio-wave type of icon, and at the bottom, "Show Code" , which when touched, goes to a new page with the QR Code.

Two weeks ago, the reader worked by holding the reader to the back of my phone, but it did not work this week, and we used the QR code.

Only last thing I can think of is if you try to turn off the NFC. I don't have mine on so maybe that makes the difference. It asks me every time i open the app to turn it on but i keep clicking no. If it's not that, they must have changed it in the app.

That did it - NFC was on, so the QR code isn't shown. I turned NFC off, and I see what you shows in the screenshots above.

I'd imagine 95% of people showing up at the gate have no idea if their NFC is on or off, or how to toggle it.

Yes, scanning may be contributing a small amount to the issue, but this has been going on at Rutgers stadium for many many years. Problem is MUCH more than just a scanning issue. We left our tailgate in yellow about 3;05 and passed by many many people that were still tailgating. Leaving at that time got us through the gates and in our seats by 3:25. Folks in yellow know how long it takes to get in...... the blame lies solely on their lackluster desire to leave their tailgate and be in their seats at kickoff.
When I was able to go to games I always tried toi be in the Stadium well before KO. BUT,truth be told ,the number of butts in seats don't matter. It is the number of POINTS on the score board that MATTERS.

That did it - NFC was on, so the QR code isn't shown. I turned NFC off, and I see what you shows in the screenshots above.

I'd imagine 95% of people showing up at the gate have no idea if their NFC is on or off, or how to toggle it.
On an android, how do you turn NFC off?

On an android, how do you turn NFC off?
Same place where you turn on/off wifi. Settings-connections. Should be a toggle for NFC and contactless payments. You can also add a button for it from the top drag down menu by editing the buttons with the three dots on that top menubar.

Two things: (1) it’s just what we do — we show up late; and (2) when we finally in a position to truly compete we’ll be in early. Again, it’s just what we do.

Right. We didn’t have a problem getting butts in seats for the Louisville game.
We weren't using digital tickets back then.😁 Probably would have looked like a WHO concert with festival seating if we did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT