ADVERTISEMENT

Carino on Geo

Geo is the guy! I am so glad he is at RU. He finally is getting some well deserved attention and respect. He is one of my favorite RU players ever and I have been watching them since the 60's with Bobby Lloyd and Jim Valvano.

Reactions: ecojew
A 5th year Geo would be incredible. Would love for that to happen!

Our 2021-22 roster would be SCARY
I still don't quite understand how staffs in all sports are expected to recruit in the face of the 2021 5th year rules. I'm too lazy to look it up, but who has the final say on which seniors are eligible to return to the roster and who isn't? I'm not remotely implying that Pike is anywhere near slimy, but is it up to the players or coaches who is granted the fifth year with sports teams? Are seniors guaranteed their roster spot or will the transfer portal be overflowing this Spring?

I still don't quite understand how staffs in all sports are expected to recruit in the face of the 2021 5th year rules. I'm too lazy to look it up, but who has the final say on which seniors are eligible to return to the roster and who isn't? I'm not remotely implying that Pike is anywhere near slimy, but is it up to the players or coaches who is granted the fifth year with sports teams? Are seniors guaranteed their roster spot or will the transfer portal be overflowing this Spring?

Players only get the extra year if they come back to the same team I believe.

I firmly believe we would be so much better next year if Geo took advantage of a 5th year. I don't know about the Final Four but we would definitely be much improved. It would be so wonderful.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Man is this kid easy to root for, or what? Definitely the Brian Leonard of our basketball resurgence.

Reactions: Scarlet83
My favorite sports figure hands down. A leader on and off the court. The model of what a student athlete should be. And so clutch. When was the last time WE had the player that takes over the game in the last few minutes?

Last edited:
I can see Geo if he wants being a guy who Pike will mold into a coach to his staff should Geo decide this path for himself down the road.....

Phil, I stated the same thing about Geo about a week ago. I would not be surprised at all if one day he does return as a coach at RU. I would love that for certain.

ADVERTISEMENT