ADVERTISEMENT

Carino on Rutgers (new article)

What we really needed to see (and we didn't) is tons of praise of Sanders and talk of him being a leader. I am mildly concerned, but not in the least bit surprised.

What we really needed to see (and we didn't) is tons of praise of Sanders and talk of him being a leader. I am mildly concerned, but not in the least bit surprised.

New Coach, new staff, new optimism and new season....but, some things never change.....FIG's comments still have the same negative slant.

Seriously, he is only a true sophomore. It's not like he is a 4 year starter like Yogi Ferrell was last year.

Last edited:
Freeman still not 100% is, to me, the most concerning comment in the article. That the team will defend and rebound better is the most positive observation.

Reactions: tanthony500
New Coach, new staff, new optimism and new season....but, some things never change.....FIG's comments still have the same negative slant.

Seriously, he is only a true sophomore. It's not like he is a 4 year starter like Yogi Ferrell was last year.

Did I not peg Eddie Jordan to a T (or is it a tee?). Maybe I am negative, but when have I been wrong?

If you want something positive from me......everything I see and hear (especially the things I am not hearing) makes me very confident that we have found the right guy.

Did I not peg Eddie Jordan to a T (or is it a tee?). Maybe I am negative, but when have I been wrong?

If you want something positive from me......everything I see and hear (especially the things I am not hearing) makes me very confident that we have found the right guy.
Congrats for pointing out how right you were about Jordan.[eyeroll]
I like the part where you imply you're confident Pikiell can do the job[thumb2]

4396684.jpg

Greene is right and usually spot on.....it takes a good set of eyes and ears and coaching mindset to understand this....Sanders is going to earn a TON of money playing basketball over the next 10-12 years, if he evolves into a true two way player...the marginal offensive player that defends, has a 10-12 year career in the NBA while still having offensive skills...the offense-only type of player, gets a cup of coffee and bounces around the league and then overseas.

I think Sanders will take time in learning how to be a leader and not the best player.....kinda like Odell Beckham for the Giants....dynamic, explosive, exciting player, but can he evolve into not just the best player on the field, where his skills are undeniable....can he convince other players to follow him and set an example.....not everyone is cut out to be a leader, it's taught and has to be carved and learned over time....Sanders while being the likely leading scorer, has to figure out whether it's going to be about scoring/highlights or can be more than that.....it's a legitimate/fair observation and it all happens under the early stages of Pikiell's run here at RU.

ADVERTISEMENT