ADVERTISEMENT

Carlton Agudosi signed to active roster

my new seasonal song....sung to White Christmas..

"I'm dreaming of a wide receiver, just like the one's I used to know.
Where the routes are a crispin', and no passes are missin', to help us get to 1 and oh"

Last edited:
How we used Agudosi made no sense.

Instead of throwing lobs over smaller DBs to Carlton in the endzone, we made him run Smoke Screens with either a tiny Grant or Harris blocking for him.

He was not coached well here.
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...-Agudosi/69cd5731-f715-40ae-aeb4-43a39d7fafbc
When the Cardinals went searching for undrafted rookies in late April, Carlton Agudosi stuck out. He was 6-foot-6 and 220 pounds with the best vertical jump, broad jump and three-cone numbers of any player at Rutgers’ Pro Day.
While that combination of traits was intriguing, his production was puzzling. Agudosi finished his four-year career with the Scarlet Knights with only 35 catches for 513 yards and two touchdowns. His senior season, in particular, led to pause, as Agudosi hauled in just eight passes for 85 yards and one touchdown.
“I don’t know if it was quarterback, scheme or what it was,” Arians said. “That’s a big, tall fast guy that should have had big numbers in college.”

Here's what it was:
rutgers-offensive-coordinator-drew-mehringer-7bd11979fc12c3fd.jpg

Went to a spring practice where # 13 and peoples stood out. Carlton was either not coached right or caused himself not to earn the throws.

Went to a spring practice where # 13 and peoples stood out. Carlton was either not coached right or caused himself not to earn the throws.

Even if he 'caused himself not to earn the throws', that's still partially on the coaches. Either they weren't able to reach or communicate properly with him or they weren't evaluating him properly. Good coaches can still get the best out of difficult players. If Carlton can earn a practice squad spot, he should've been used more as a college player.

Congrats to Carlton on his hard work. It must've taken a lot of work to overcome his lack of production.

Reactions: gunboat
Pretty cool. Best of luck to him! RU has had more then its share of NFL receivers come through the program. I wonder how much impact the switch in offensive schemes has affected that trend, and if we might be headed back in that direction more. Wish I could see the game Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT