ADVERTISEMENT

Carmelo Anthony,heart felt interview after Gold Medal Game.

Thank goodness he stepped up and took a leadership role-- not just for the team, but all America.

Does any one but him, really care about what he
has to say? Does he realize he is not the superstar
he always thought he is?

Why not listen to what he said before being so dismissive.

FYI, he's been a member of the team for 4 Olympics now. That's a major accomplishment for anyone. He holds the Olympic record of points and rebounds. He's been a strong supporter of USA Basketball in words and deeds.

Maybe you should just appreciate the way he's represented the US and leave it at that.

Why not listen to what he said before being so dismissive.

FYI, he's been a member of the team for 4 Olympics now. That's a major accomplishment for anyone. He holds the Olympic record of points and rebounds. He's been a strong supporter of USA Basketball in words and deeds.

Maybe you should just appreciate the way he's represented the US and leave it at that.

Never got the hate. Especially on someone who has done a lot for his hometown, and his country.

I saw the interview and he did a nice job. Playing on 4 Olympic teams takes a serious commitment and he was there for Coangelo and Coach K while they rebuilt USA basketball. Carmelo is probably a big part of getting NBA players to buy in to the National Team.

I like who Anthony has become as a political voice, but professionally he had no business being at the olympics. They guy is oft injured and should have taken this time to rest up - this was very much a 'Screw the Knicks' move as far as I'm concerned. Olympics is really for the younger players - older ones need this time to recover - selfish move.

I like who Anthony has become as a political voice, but professionally he had no business being at the olympics. They guy is oft injured and should have taken this time to rest up - this was very much a 'Screw the Knicks' move as far as I'm concerned. Olympics is really for the younger players - older ones need this time to recover - selfish move.

How much time does he need to rest up? At some point you need to get back to work to get ready for the season.

He rests plenty while on defense.

Anthony is so polarizing because he has all the potential to be world class but his lack of defensive intensity doesn't sit well with your typical Knicks fan who grew up watching Ewing, Mason, & Starks enforce the no-lay-ups-rule.

And then his shot selection -- yikes. Here's a guy who will pop a three with an open teammate under the rim and post-up in a two-for-one situation. Just bad basketball IQ.

The defense, ball-hogging, and lack of bball intelligence is easier to mask when you surround him with great coaching & talent. For one, he plays a lot less...

He rests plenty while on defense.

Anthony is so polarizing because he has all the potential to be world class but his lack of defensive intensity doesn't sit well with your typical Knicks fan who grew up watching Ewing, Mason, & Starks enforce the no-lay-ups-rule.

And then his shot selection -- yikes. Here's a guy who will pop a three with an open teammate under the rim and post-up in a two-for-one situation. Just bad basketball IQ.

The defense, ball-hogging, and lack of bball intelligence is easier to mask when you surround him with great coaching & talent. For one, he plays a lot less...

But this shouldn't be about Anthony and the Knicks. It's about a man who put USA Basketball on his back at a time where the luster had worn off and helped carry it back to the top where it belongs. It's also not about the 2 weeks at Rio, London or wherever else. It's about a man who traveled the world for over a decade helping the team in off years when other, bigger stars couldn't be bothered.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
knightsfan: I agree with all you have written in this thread.

I'm just saying the hate he is getting is due to the other 95% of his basketball career.

Knicks fans would love to trade NYC ' Melo for USA 'Melo.

knightsfan: I agree with all you have written in this thread.

I'm just saying the hate he is getting is due to the other 95% of his basketball career.

Knicks fans would love to trade NYC ' Melo for USA 'Melo.

I understand but can't comment because I don't follow the NBA other than the finals if at all.

By the way just saw this stat. Coach K, who announced he's retiring from Team USA, finished his career 88-1.

I like who Anthony has become as a political voice, but professionally he had no business being at the olympics. They guy is oft injured and should have taken this time to rest up - this was very much a 'Screw the Knicks' move as far as I'm concerned. Olympics is really for the younger players -
DSound older ones need this time to recover - selfish move.

Sounds right to me, a selfish move by a selfish person,
can people not see this.
and by the way what turnaround? Isn't this the guy
who fasted for two weeks in the middle of a season,
it has always been about him and not the team. this
is why all his coaches get fired or get rid of him.

Last edited:
Not a real fan of his normally, but he was great after the game and you could tell it meant a lot to him to represent the USA. I can"t find the video yet, when I do I'll post it.

I saw it and it was great. I loved the whole Olympics this year, what a great source of pride and competition.

do you still have knicks bed sheets? jeez man get a life with this nonsense.

Reactions: knightfan7
The problem is that there are just so many clown/mediocre males in today's U.S. society, so coming on to these sports boards, behind a screen name, and bashing players/athletes etc. who are 20 times the men and live 20x the lives they do is a little release valve. Its almost cute.

The all about me folks can't see past the fact this is bigger than rooting for their favorite team. Such a pity.

I was a huge pro sports fan as a kid. HUGE. and today, to some extent I still am. Aside from the Devils being literally 2 blocks from me, I do not feel a huge allegiance to any pro sports franchise. I mean I get it, its fun to root for etc., but its a company, and the players you "hate" today can be your hero tomorrow or vice-versa. My point is, while there is nothing wrong with being a pro sports fan, I will never understand how hardcore people get in regards to pro sports. They will fist fight, and hurt people, and lose sleep, and take personally something that has 0 to do with them at all. At least with college ball, its young people going through an important 4 years. Maybe you went to the school, or maybe your tax dollars help fund it and these young people are your neighbors and colleagues of the future. I don't know just confuses me.

I was a huge pro sports fan as a kid. HUGE. and today, to some extent I still am. Aside from the Devils being literally 2 blocks from me, I do not feel a huge allegiance to any pro sports franchise. I mean I get it, its fun to root for etc., but its a company, and the players you "hate" today can be your hero tomorrow or vice-versa. My point is, while there is nothing wrong with being a pro sports fan, I will never understand how hardcore people get in regards to pro sports. They will fist fight, and hurt people, and lose sleep, and take personally something that has 0 to do with them at all. At least with college ball, its young people going through an important 4 years. Maybe you went to the school, or maybe your tax dollars help fund it and these young people are your neighbors and colleagues of the future. I don't know just confuses me.

I kind of feel the same. I was a big pro sports fan growing up. I remember running home from school crying when Maz hit the HR off Ralph Terry in the WS. My mom said "what the hell is wrong with you?" Lol, no Donna Reed or Carol Brady.

I still follow the G-Men and Yanks but it's a lot more casual. College sports have been my first love going back decades. So much more fun and unpredictable.

Reactions: IL Lusciato
I kind of feel the same. I was a big pro sports fan growing up. I remember running home from school crying when Maz hit the HR off Ralph Terry in the WS. My mom said "what the hell is wrong with you?" Lol, no Donna Reed or Carol Brady.

I still follow the G-Men and Yanks but it's a lot more casual. College sports have been my first love going back decades. So much more fun and unpredictable.
agreed.

do you still have knicks bed sheets? jeez man get a life with this nonsense.

Not even a Knicks fan, but this is a guy who built his season around playing in the all star game when it was in New York and cared little about the team who was paying him - selfish player.....as far as your 'get a life' comment that you posted -nothing screams mental masturbation like being on a forum about sports - or maybe I'm missing something, what 'important' sports issue have you found such a life about?

Not even a Knicks fan, but this is a guy who built his season around playing in the all star game when it was in New York and cared little about the team who was paying him - selfish player.....as far as your 'get a life' comment that you posted -nothing screams mental masturbation like being on a forum about sports - or maybe I'm missing something, what 'important' sports issue have you found such a life about?

Dafuq?

I get the criticism of Melo. He is known as a selfish player that doesn't play D, always has been, always will be. Tremendous talent on the offensive side of the ball, but his needs always seem to be above the team. They know it in Denver too.

ADVERTISEMENT