ADVERTISEMENT

CB Rachad Wildgoose decommits from Georgia

The Goose is cooked.

Actually feel a little bad for him. He's is scramble mode now, but this is a business and he took his chances.

Because they didn't send him the papers.

gallery_goodfellas-quotes-jimmy-two-times.jpg

I have ZERO problem taking him back right now. He ditched us for Georgia. Runner-up for the national title. I'm good with that!

Reactions: ScarletNYC
for someone like wildgoose, you make room. good cover corners don't grow on trees.

He's not that good, certainly not enough to trump our need for DLs. Now, if he wants to walk on ...

Hey DJ,If he ends up at Monmouth at least you will get to see him in 2021 when we play them on a Thursday night game in November at Yankee Stadium. I know how much you are looking forward to that game.

you're wrong. the kid is going to be good.

So, Al, for the record, you don't like the 10 DBs we recruited the last 2 years? Before the 2018 season starts, you will be claiming that they are all Devin McCourty.

So, Al, for the record, you don't like the 10 DBs we recruited the last 2 years? Before the 2018 season starts, you will be claiming that they are all Devin McCourty.

I like them. But They're a notch below Rachad Wildgoose.

Tough crowd here. I feel bad for any 18 year old that gets chewed up by this recruiting process. It’s not like he strung RU along for months. As soon as his recruitment unexpectedly blew up he decommitted.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
This kid doesn't upset me like he does others. He was never a dick to Rutgers and had kept his commitment to Ga for a long time. But it should serve as a word of warning to some players about the SEC. No doubt this kid will land somewhere and most likely have a good career. I almost feel as if I may actually cheer for this kid if he does not end up in the B1G.

Seriously? People feel sorry for him? Like, not.

I'm sure Rhode Island or Delaware might be looking for CB's. Or maybe Monmouth.

I can confidently say that there is no other board on the Rivals network where the fans worry so much about what happens to recruits who commit to their school and then decide not to sign.

Reactions: IMARUFAN
This kid doesn't upset me like he does others. He was never a dick to Rutgers and had kept his commitment to Ga for a long time. But it should serve as a word of warning to some players about the SEC. No doubt this kid will land somewhere and most likely have a good career. I almost feel as if I may actually cheer for this kid if he does not end up in the B1G.

This x2. I’d take him back in a heartbeat. I’ll take what he did all day over what McDonald pulled.

Joe P.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I don't get why any Rutgers fan would feel sorry for this kid.

In April, he "committed" to Rutgers. One month later, after other P5 offers started rolling in, he stated that he was "still committed" to Rutgers. Which was clearly a bold faced lie since 1 week later, he de-committed.

So, basically, he jerked Chris Ash around and played Rutgers. I feel sorry for Coach Ash because he, and all coaches, have to try and fill out a recruiting class while dealing with kids saying they're committed while they are, in fact, simply stringing the coach along until they get an offer they consider better.

I know Wildgoose was only committed for about 1 month but it still bugs me when kids say they're committed and can't wait to play for so-and-so school when in fact they're just using that school as a safety net.

All that being said, I'd still take him back in a heartbeat. I'd hate myself in the morning ... but I'd still do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarletwoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT