ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports: Tennessee might regret not hiring Greg Schiano

If you go to the TN boards the fans, at least the most vocal ones, still are happy Greg got kicked to the curb.

Reactions: jerzeyguy
Thank god they ran him out of town
He was never IN town...I don’t think the vollies would have given him the time he needed in Knoxville. That fan base is entirely too impatient. Here Greg pretty much runs the show...that would NOT have been the case in Knoxville...like not even close!

Reactions: Knightmoves
All I can say is f Tenn
Just like I feel about that other Orange wearing program in upstate NY

It worked out for everyone involved. Greg was never going to be a good fit in Tennessee and it may have killed his coaching career as he is not oriented for the SEC. He is the Perfect fit for Rutgers and the BIG10 and will be a far better recruiter here than he ever could have been at Knoxville. Could care less how either team in Orange does, they are both after thoughts that haven't been relevant in decades

Still say Greg should have sued everyone.. starting with the guy who claimed credit for painting that rock.

The more Tennessee loses, the happier I am.
I used to love rooting for them on TV seeing that checkerboard endzone... but clearly there weren't enough of them willing to stand up to the vocal clowns who didn't want a coach whose name ended in a vowel who they rushed to judge because he wasn't a big enough name for them. And then you have using that baseless allegation by a self-interested party who profited $12M by saying what he did.... using that... absolutely shameless.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUbacker
Living in Ohio I hear Travis on fox radio, for about 30 seconds. He is tough to stomach.

Spent a week in Tennessee just before they played Arkansas.
All week the news shows gave a weather report re the time of the game which was going to be played in Fayetteville Arkansas. Sports section of these news shows featured coaches and players.
Vols, vols, vols. If they weren't talking Vol football they were talking Vol basketball, men's and women's.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
It worked out for everyone involved. Greg was never going to be a good fit in Tennessee and it may have killed his coaching career as he is not oriented for the SEC. He is the Perfect fit for Rutgers and the BIG10 and will be a far better recruiter here than he ever could have been at Knoxville. Could care less how either team in Orange does, they are both after thoughts that haven't been relevant in decades
Disagree. How was Urban Meyer a good fit at Florida? No SEC background.

hmm.. you know what.. you are right. No reasonable level of winning given where they were.. or are now.. would satisfy them. Florida is not Tennessee, bless their hearts.

This is a fan base who chased off Johnny Majors.. a born and bred Vol. who won SEC championships. Even if they took the time to learn who Schiano was and he won them over... eventually they would have booted him. Thanks very much for fixing our issues.. making us relevant again.. but we "deserve" SEC and National Championships (served up by someone who ain't no yankee).

Correct me if Im wrong But I believe Tennessee got the right "New Jerseyin"

ADVERTISEMENT