ADVERTISEMENT

Chance that Baker is back

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Maybe I have my scarlet colored glasses, Rutgers shirt, and Rutgers hat on , but I just am very optimistic he is coming back. 80 percent sure

Reactions: IL Lusciato
Hopefully Tommy Smith and Johnny Brown from the Transfer Portal will be even better.

Lou, has he mentioned he wants to get into coaching ?
He said (I believe during his senior day interview) that he thinks he’s better at teaching the game than playing it and wants to get into coaching. I think the path Lou laid out would make a ton of sense for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeavenUniv.
If he comes back he needs to be better than he was this year. Ron and Geo would have to step up their games on the defensive end. Myles and Jacob will be sorely missed defensively.
I’m more worried about JYs defense than Myles. I think Cliff has the potential to fill Myles role defensively but obviously needs to improve. I don’t see anyone on the roster that can fill the JY defensive void.

Lou, Greene mentioned we are going to be hurt defensively with Young and Johnson gone so I just made up two guys names that we will get to help us out. With the zillions of kids entering the portal, eventually there will be kids with those names. Probably played at Wyoming State lol

Reactions: RUSCFORMERLYRULOU
Lou, Greene mentioned we are going to be hurt defensively with Young and Johnson gone so I just made up two guys names that we will get to help us out. With the zillions of kids entering the portal, eventually there will be kids with those names. Probably played at Wyoming State lol
You mean southwestern Wyoming State right?

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
As noted in other threads one can hope that we can strike gold in the portal - but it hurts not being a blue blood.

If he comes back he needs to be better than he was this year. Ron and Geo would have to step up their games on the defensive end. Myles and Jacob will be sorely missed defensively.
What makes you think anything will be different? None if this was addressed this year and the one guy hasn't played on ball d since maybe (?) his frosh year.

I’m more worried about JYs defense than Myles. I think Cliff has the potential to fill Myles role defensively but obviously needs to improve. I don’t see anyone on the roster that can fill the JY defensive void.
Mathis has the potential but again Pike would have to get control of him as he was able to do with JY.

still also need a scorer to replace Young. The group struggles to score
Broken record. Like needs to convince him to go to hole more. He's super strong down there. Can't just rely on javking up endless 3s when not there. Saw somebody last few games.

The longer we don't hear of him in the transfer portal or declaring for the draft, the better. I can see the competitor in him not happy with how the season ended and wanting another shot.

Your post brings up another possibility. How will RU fans feel if Geo enters the portal?

I have not thought about that option until now. What if Geo gets recruited for a spot with a blue blood for one season?

Last edited:
If either JF or Myles returned, we are probably going to be a better team next year than this year IMHO. Both of them are so important to our team on the defensive side that it difficult for meto believe that there is another transfer that we can get that can give us what those 2 did on D. JY was good on offense too so and would likely be even better next year. He was a high major recruit that transferred for playing time. We got lucky with him. It is unlikely that we are going to get someone from the transfer portal that can give us what he did. I think that there are multiple prospects that we could land that may be able to help on O. Where are we going his kind of speed and defense to go along with the offense?

If the rumors are true and Pike accepts Geo back then I’m done with him as a coach.

The next week or so will be interesting and a lot of you are going to do a 180 on Pike.

Wait, did Geo leave and is now asking back? Not sure why you would be done with Pike after whwere he's brought the program.

where there’s smoke...
She’s talking about fans. Try to keep up. As much as they shouldn’t, friends and family can’t help but follow social media and message boards and take to heart every criticism or negative word about their family members. Myles Johnson was probably one of the most praised players to ever where scarlet and his dad responded to some tweet mentioning the negative stuff he’s read about his son on message boards. Comes with the territory unfortunately although I think criticism of RU players pales in comparison to most big time programs.

That’s a hell of a stretch.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT