ADVERTISEMENT

Chance that Baker is back

Every day without a decision hurts us when it comes to the transfer portal and other targets perception of how much playing time is available here. If he makes us wait forever then decides not to come here after most of the good targets commit to other schools where their situation/PT is known, it will be a collosal dick move by geo and will make things harder for our program next year.
Hopefully, Pike is treating this as if he’s gone and not waiting around. Unfortunately, I’m sure any potential incoming transfer guards will want to know the truth. This should work both ways...., if Pike gets a “Geo” or better to transfer in, perhaps it affects Geo’s decision as well.

Reactions: FastMJ
If pikiell gets someone better than geo on the hook he will not take geo back or put him on the bench. Simple as that. Pikiell will not sacrifice years to come for geo

If pikiell gets someone better than geo on the hook he will not take geo back or put him on the bench. Simple as that. Pikiell will not sacrifice years to come for geo
If you think pikiell would bench geo you don't understand pikiell. He is loyal to a fault.

Maybe I have my scarlet colored glasses, Rutgers shirt, and Rutgers hat on , but I just am very optimistic he is coming back. 80 percent sure
BAKER AND HARPER
Unlike a couple of posters, I would be happy if Geo returned. He gave us four good years, was the first above average backcourt player to take a leap of faith with the program, and was a real leader. He did not have a stellar 2020-21 season, but between the pandemic and his injury, it was a crazy time. And I do not hold his stance on player remuneration against him one iota. i admired his forthrightness. I just don't think it is likely that he will return. He could be making decent money overseas somewhere, and after some years, he could return and possibly look for a coaching opportunity. RU finally made it to the tourney and nearly got to the sweet sixteen round. Why risk injury? As for Harper, he has NBA aspirations but is not likely to be grabbed by an NBA team in the draft portal. He could be a viable candidate for the G league; even though the pay is minimal, it could get his foot in the door. Alternatively, he could make much better money playing soewhere overseas for a couple of seasons and then hope to get an NBA tryout. So again in this instance, why risk injury? I am not optimistic that either baker or Harper will be on next years' roster, but would be happy if they were.

Reactions: RU-ROCS
BAKER AND HARPER
Unlike a couple of posters, I would be happy if Geo returned. He gave us four good years, was the first above average backcourt player to take a leap of faith with the program, and was a real leader. He did not have a stellar 2020-21 season, but between the pandemic and his injury, it was a crazy time. And I do not hold his stance on player remuneration against him one iota. i admired his forthrightness. I just don't think it is likely that he will return. He could be making decent money overseas somewhere, and after some years, he could return and possibly look for a coaching opportunity. RU finally made it to the tourney and nearly got to the sweet sixteen round. Why risk injury? As for Harper, he has NBA aspirations but is not likely to be grabbed by an NBA team in the draft portal. He could be a viable candidate for the G league; even though the pay is minimal, it could get his foot in the door. Alternatively, he could make much better money playing soewhere overseas for a couple of seasons and then hope to get an NBA tryout. So again in this instance, why risk injury? I am not optimistic that either baker or Harper will be on next years' roster, but would be happy if they were.

Harper doesn’t need the money. He will return if not likely to be drafted. Any other outcome would be shocking.

Regarding Geo, he’s in a completely different position now with the financial considerations involved in this decision. Many on here don’t agree with the politics of his views, but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s now one of 3 players in the spotlight leading the NIL movement that has and will continue to have tons of eyes on it. He’s going to be able to monetize that in some way eventually - and stepping down from it is probably not a great financial decision for him anymore.

1. Baker didn’t take a leap coming here. He was not highly recruited it wasn’t like he options to play right away on other teams
2. Look at the other 26 starting 1s and 2s in the B1G. Geo is not above average. He is actually below average. Numbers dictate it before we even consider his defense.

1. Baker didn’t take a leap coming here. He was not highly recruited it wasn’t like he options to play right away on other teams
2. Look at the other 26 starting 1s and 2s in the B1G. Geo is not above average. He is actually below average. Numbers dictate it before we even consider his defense.
I respectfully disagree with you stating he is below average....numbers don't tell anything about intangibles. Tell me with a straight face that we'd be better off without him...remember when he got hurt last year? How'd we do with him off the court??

I just don’t understand why a player like Geo gets vilified on here? He has given his all for RU for the past 4 years and has been a model representative of the R. He has given us more excitement in these past few years than we had in the 10 years before that.

He is a 22 year old trying to figure out his next step. Like I said before, Pikiell probably has insight into that. Let the process play out for Geo and Pike in his portal recruitment.

If anyone believes Pikiell and staff are sitting around playing Scattegories waiting Geo, you have no clue what this team and staff has accomplished here.

I respectfully disagree with you stating he is below average....numbers don't tell anything about intangibles. Tell me with a straight face that we'd be better off without him...remember when he got hurt last year? How'd we do with him off the court??
You forget how good the B1G is? Take the 42 starting 1,2 and 3 in B1G. You’d be hard pressed to find 15 that Geo is better than.

I’ll rattle off some of the best
Ayo, Carr, livers, Ayala, Jones, Washington, Weiskamp, trice, bohannon, brooks, smith, Walker, Frederick, Jacob, dunrham, Davison, Frazier

You forget how good the B1G is? Take the 42 starting 1,2 and 3 in B1G. You’d be hard pressed to find 15 that Geo is better than.

I’ll rattle off some of the best
Ayo, Carr, livers, Ayala, Jones, Washington, Weiskamp, trice, bohannon, brooks, smith, Walker, Frederick, Jacob, dunrham, Davison, Frazier
Not forgetting. Just arguing his intangibles that make him one of RUTGERS' best players.

Reactions: Section114
When Baker was healthy last season,he was a clutch go to scorer.This season again with injuries the productivity wasn't as good.The step back jumper lacked consistency and his drives to the basket lacked the quickness and jumping ability.

Listen I like Geo and he'll go down as the one who started the change. But it's time to move on for everyone's sake. I know similar information and RUT is right, and I know that it sucks when people say "I have heard some things that I can't be specific on," and don't elaborate, but I have heard some things that I can't be specific on. It would just be better if nature took it's course and his four years are done, and he leaves with much love from us, and he can come back next year when we're all there for a great and proper send-off.
I don’t agree! It would be much better if he comes back and leads us to the dance again. Anyone who doesn’t see that as their eyes closed!

What scarlet bleeding RU faithful wouldn't want Geo back-- Only very few even entertain that.

With him and Ron (and a big man transfer) next year could be another run.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Geo has never lived up to the promise we saw in him as a freshman.
He has been great at times and up until this year I would have said he was poised for a place on the
Mount Rushmore of Rutgers sports history.
His late game heroics were looking to be legendary
This year was a step backwards
All that being said, I would love Geo to come back
He has the ability to go out as an all timer at Rutgers
He needs to shoot it more consistently, focus more on defense, and be less careless with the ball
That sounds like a lot but I believe he has the talent

Reactions: scottsdaleal
Geo had a very good 4 years. He was a leader and very consistent. His numbers might have been a little off this year but i think you are being a little harsh. He did suffer two sprained ankles this year and the first one was a high ankle sprain. Those usually take over a month to recover from. He came back after only missing 3 games. Right after that he suffered a sprain in the other ankle. Many felt that he didn't have the lift he had before his injuries. I don't think Geo was ever back to 100 % for this season but he still did quite well. I myself sure hopes that Geo will be back and continue being a leader for RU.

Geo had a very good 4 years. He was a leader and very consistent. His numbers might have been a little off this year but i think you are being a little harsh. He did suffer two sprained ankles this year and the first one was a high ankle sprain. Those usually take over a month to recover from. He came back after only missing 3 games. Right after that he suffered a sprain in the other ankle. Many felt that he didn't have the lift he had before his injuries. I don't think Geo was ever back to 100 % for this season but he still did quite well. I myself sure hopes that Geo will be back and continue being a leader for RU.
I agree with you. Injuries held him and Harper back this year. With both back and 100%, we will make another run at it.

Geo has never lived up to the promise we saw in him as a freshman.
He has been great at times and up until this year I would have said he was poised for a place on the
Mount Rushmore of Rutgers sports history.
His late game heroics were looking to be legendary
This year was a step backwards
All that being said, I would love Geo to come back
He has the ability to go out as an all timer at Rutgers
He needs to shoot it more consistently, focus more on defense, and be less careless with the ball
That sounds like a lot but I believe he has the talent
Geo on the Mt. Rushmore of Rutgers Sports History?...lol that’s insanity. He wouldn’t even be on the Mt. Rushmore of Rutgers Men’s basketball unless we had at least 5 of them.

Reactions: Knight Ed
Every day without a decision hurts us when it comes to the transfer portal and other targets perception of how much playing time is available here. If he makes us wait forever then decides not to come here after most of the good targets commit to other schools where their situation/PT is known, it will be a collosal dick move by geo and will make things harder for our program next year.

Just make a F-ing decision already. Your decision should not ride on whether you will make 500$ from a basketball camp or not. If you decide to play overseas, nobody will come to Geo's camp because they will not know who he is anyway.
He declared to get feedback too. The NBA early entry deadline is May 30th. The Undergraduate Advisory Committee has until that date to provide Geo and Ron with evaluations. NBA teams have to fill out assessments on each prospect that requests it so the UAC can come up with a consensus and report back. We’ll know by then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT