ADVERTISEMENT

Cheickna Dembele to UNLV

http://www.nextuprecruits.com/news_article/show/610061?referrer_id=

Got to like this from the article:

"On both ends of the court he is, to simply put it, a problem for opponents. With a long wingspan and great defensive awareness, he is an elite shot blocker especially on help side. Dembele, unlike most bigs, has great hands and runs the floor like a gazelle, showing just how active and mobile he is."

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
Syracuse was after him. They had one spot that I think they were saving for Taurean Thompson. But, you never know what players may leave early for them...maybe, Malachi Richardson....but, he probably needs at least one more year to get a little bigger and stronger.

I wonder why this is all surfacing so late in the process, not that I'm complaining if we were lucky enough to get him. We've had some pretty good luck with West African players. Being from Mali, he probably speaks French, so perhaps our new coach could contact Malik Kone, from Guinea, who also speaks French, to host him if he should come for a visit. Malik is around, working in the area - I just talked to him the other day in my gym. He seems like a great guy and might well be able to help but I don't know if Pikiell is aware of him still being in the area.

Reactions: ho26rus
I wonder why he hasn't signed already with a top tier program.

I wonder why this is all surfacing so late in the process, not that I'm complaining if we were lucky enough to get him. We've had some pretty good luck with West African players. Being from Mali, he probably speaks French, so perhaps our new coach could contact Malik Kone, from Guinea, who also speaks French, to host him if he should come for a visit. Malik is around, working in the area - I just talked to him the other day in my gym. He seems like a great guy and might well be able to help but I don't know if Pikiell is aware of him still being in the area.

Diallo is from Senegal which is next to Mali.
The official language of Senegal & Mali is French.
No need for Kone.

Google is your friend.

Reactions: ScarletLongIsland
One improvement on Rivals would be to include with the info such as Date Joined the site that they originally joined on.
That way we can identify where the jackazzes like the poster above me came from.

Reactions: ScarletLongIsland
Back on topic...

Boy this Kid would be a great get this late in the year...and with the big boys hotly pursuing...it's just video but he looks ahead of I Diallo, and Shaq who knows where he's at..

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
He has to be convinced that this staff can surround him with high quality players during his years on the banks.
Hobbs has a better chance to do that than anyone we've had working for our basketball team in the past

He has to be convinced that this staff can surround him with high quality players during his years on the banks.
At this late date in recruiting the elite programs have the advantage of cherry picking the best remaining players regardless of the sport.Rutgers has the problem of first impressing recruits by winning without the players to achieve the objective.

Of course Shu got around this by hiring assistants tied to their 3 core players in Whitehead, Delgado and Carrington in landing a Top 15-20 class in 2014 .

ADVERTISEMENT