ADVERTISEMENT

Chelsea Newton headed to Texas A&M as Associate Head Coach

Nice article. I saw a rumor that she would follow Taylor a few days ago, didn't realize she would be Associate HC.

When we were speculating over the last couple of years, really, about a future Rutgers head coach I always thought she should have consideration. It was clear that the vast majority of posters did not share that idea, which I found disappointing.

I wish her success at A&M; I will admit that for career development remaining with the same head coach might be perceived in some circles as a negative, although, there are certainly other coaches who have done it. Heck, Kim Mulkey took a good portion of her Baylor staff with her to LSU, and I'm happy Chelsea had the opportunity.

Reactions: MADHAT1 and Bon1674
Key quote from Joni Taylor: "There is no doubt that Chelsea could be a head coach right now if she desired. I am grateful that she chose to come to Texas A&M and excited about what the future holds for her."

Would think by becoming an associate head coach, Chelsea sees this as her stepping stone to one day running her own program. Exciting stuff!

Reactions: Bon1674
Gigem Chelsea! A&M not only took the coaching staff but the entire 2022 recruiting class away from UGA…including the #3 national recruit! 😆🤣😎

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: MADHAT1
I had been posting, and praying for Chelsea to come "home" to RU" forever when the time was right. Sigh. Hobbs screwed this up big time.
Congrats to Chelsea, and good luck.

Reactions: runner3283
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT