ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Ash Golf Tournament

bobby deren

Heisman Winner
Feb 8, 2007
Rutgers Coach Chris Ash To Host Inaugural Charity Golf Classic June 27
Proceeds benefit Eric LeGrand Believe Fund, Embrace Kids Foundation, Together 4 Kids and Rutgers Athletics

PISCATAWAY, N.J. (May 3, 2016) – Rutgers head football coach Chris Ash will hold his charity golf outing on Monday, June 27 at Fiddler’s Elbow Country Club in Bedminster Township, N.J. Proceeds from the inaugural Chris Ash Charity Golf Classic will benefit the Eric LeGrand Believe Fund, Embrace Kids Foundation, Together 4 Kids and Rutgers Athletics.

The Chris Ash Charity Golf Classic features a round of golf, a photo opportunity for every golfer with Coach Ash, a $100 Nike Gift Card, lunch, cocktail reception and dinner along with select prizes and awards. The Nike Gift Card can be utilized at the Nike tent on the premises the day of the event.

The day begins with brunch at 10 a.m. followed by the shotgun start at noon. After the round of golf is completed, there will be a cocktail reception scheduled for 5 p.m. prior to dinner and the awards presentations at 6 p.m.

Prices start at $450 per golfer or $1,800 for a foursome. Fans also have the chance to attend just the cocktail reception and dinner for $100, while hole sponsorships are $300.

For more information and to secure a spot in the Chris Ash Charity Golf Classic, please visitwww.ChrisAshCharityGolfClassic.com or call 732-326-5245.

anyone ever play in one of these annual fundraisers? Previous years were obviously Flood's and Schianos...

how's the talent on the course? competitive?

anyone ever play in one of these annual fundraisers? Previous years were obviously Flood's and Schianos...

how's the talent on the course? competitive?

Typical public players. Great course. No on course drinking IIRC (or at least frowned upon). Fill a bag worth of Nike golf stuff up to the limit of your gift card. Play golf. Wear a shirt with collar, maybe no cargo pants (nicer shorts) and a belt. Dress rules vary but likely to be more onerous than a weekend at RUGC. I however will be drinking somehow.

Reactions: tychicus
I've played in several of these when Schiano and Flood were HC. It's a fun day. A lot of the staff, former players, scarlet R foundation staff members schmoozing boosters. It's pretty mixed competition with groups playing on all 3 of the fiddlers courses. My group won one year with 8 under and on one of the other courses -16 won. So it's tough to call whether you will be playing with other competitive groups or playing against mid - higher handicaps. By talent I'm assuming you mean level of play and not eye candy - like having the RU cheerleaders out on the course. Which by the way, there have been cheerleaders at the club directing traffic and taking pictures and collecting raffle money in the past.

All in all its been a fun outing for charity in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: tychicus
Typical public players. Great course. No on course drinking IIRC (or at least frowned upon). Fill a bag worth of Nike golf stuff up to the limit of your gift card. Play golf. Wear a shirt with collar, maybe no cargo pants (nicer shorts) and a belt. Dress rules vary but likely to be more onerous than a weekend at RUGC. I however will be drinking somehow.

Last time I played at Fiddlers.....Tucked in Collared Shirt and No Cargo Shorts. I thought there was a Beer Cart but could be wrong.

Fiddlers last time i played did have a beer cart and various stops for food/drink. Great course.

I played in Schiano's in 2009 and no one stopped me from loading my own cooler full of beer into our cart, but things may have changed since then.

Played fiddlers last year. Tuck in shirt at all times. Beverage cart on all courses. Bringing your own is a no no. No cargo pants. Bermuda type shorts only with belt. Great courses and the western most is the most difficult of the 3. (dont recall the names of each course)

Played fiddlers last year. Tuck in shirt at all times. Beverage cart on all courses. Bringing your own is a no no. No cargo pants. Bermuda type shorts only with belt. Great courses and the western most is the most difficult of the 3. (dont recall the names of each course)

I friggin' hate dress codes like that - one of the main reasons I never wanted to join a "country club" - snootiness is not endearing...

The Forest course is by far the nicest but the Meadow and River are great too. The Forest has the highest slope or level of difficulty too. I agree with the attire descriptions provided. I'm not sure if it is a scramble or two best ball or what.

I always wear two pairs of pants, in case i get a hole in one. What will the weather be like...need to dress for the weather.

That seems like a pretty little thing to get your panties in a bunch about. Most courses have very similar codes.
I know, I've played tons of country clubs - doesn't mean I have to like the dress codes or the snooty attitude. Let me guess, is this you on the course? :>)

images

I know, I've played tons of country clubs - doesn't mean I have to like the dress codes or the snooty attitude. Let me guess, is this you on the course? :>)

images

Nope. Just don't get all indignant if a course doesn't allow cargo shorts. My game give me enough to worry about.

Nope. Just don't get all indignant if a course doesn't allow cargo shorts. My game give me enough to worry about.

I think it is very reasonable to expect a golf shirt and shorts or pants. It's not like a jacket and tie is required. Basic golf shorts or slacks and a collared shirt is not too much to ask, in my opinion. I don't consider myself a snob but when go to Rutgers and people are changing shoes in the parking lot--including competing teams--it's below what nearly every club or college team does.

images
Does anyone else think that the guy who has played tons of country clubs has conformed to the dress codes of every one of those clubs ? Either that or they kicked his keester from the premises before his first tee shot was in the air.

BTW how many country clubs constitutes tons ? Not sure I'm familiar with that unit of measure.

Yet he comes here and accuses others of snooty attitudes. OK, got it, haha !

Last edited:
Reactions: knightfan7
Does anyone else think that the guy who has played tons of country clubs has conformed to the dress codes of every one of those clubs ? Either that or they kicked his keester from the premises before his first tee shot was in the air.

BTW how many country clubs constitutes tons ? Not sure I'm familiar with that unit of measure.

You've been around this place long enough to know there's no topic where someone can't find a reason to bitch. Sometimes as in this case the have to dig really deep in their a$$ to pull it out,but they get there.

Reactions: Knightmoves

I like golf on great courses more than I hate snooty country clubs, so when I have to, I can conform. Didn't think that would be a hard concept to understand.

I looked at Fiddler's and almost joined. A lot to like, especially three courses. But in the end, too many rules for me. There's the monthly food minimum, which I'm ok with, but they NEVER allow you to wear jeans on the property (except football Sundays). I'm much more casual and wanted a place that I could show up on a week night for a quick beer with friends without having to change my clothes. They let you walk, but I don't like to carry, so I use a pull cart. But you can't use your pull cart, you have to rent their pull cart (for $18). Again, minor things, but too structured for me.

I looked at Fiddler's and almost joined. A lot to like, especially three courses. But in the end, too many rules for me. There's the monthly food minimum, which I'm ok with, but they NEVER allow you to wear jeans on the property (except football Sundays). I'm much more casual and wanted a place that I could show up on a week night for a quick beer with friends without having to change my clothes. They let you walk, but I don't like to carry, so I use a pull cart. But you can't use your pull cart, you have to rent their pull cart (for $18). Again, minor things, but too structured for me.

Now the pull cart complaint is something I can understand. Would it be a deciding factor? That's an individual decision. It wouldn't for me but I've had so many back issues I'm lucky if I can get through 18 holes pain free even riding in a cart.

"I'm trying to chip! This is golf people. Go back to your shanties"- Shooter McGavern

$18 to rent a pull cart is insanely egregious. I pay $25 and $30 for an electric cart at the 2 clubs I belong to.

I like golf on great courses more than I hate snooty country clubs, so when I have to, I can conform. Didn't think that would be a hard concept to understand.
Have not been on many "great courses" that allow untucked shirts or cargo shorts. For that matter most courses have very similar dress codes from your local muni up to the high end courses. It's just how they enforce those dress codes. The dress codes I can't stand are the clubhouse rules. They are truly antiquated.

ADVERTISEMENT