ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Bleich to PSU ... no ... UCLA ... no ... Florida.

UCLA wasn't much better than we were last year. Our biggest problem in terms of program perception were the blowouts last year. UCLA was at least somewhat competitive. We can't get blown out like that this year. Plus if you look at his Twitter, you can see he belongs in LA.

Might want to just save this thread for when he transfers back home. The kids left IMG in Florida after a semester and their were rumors he was home sick. Now he going to UCLA? Call me skeptical but I don't think his college career will end at UCLA if he even makes it there.

Reactions: RU31trap and MV9000
UCLA is a great school, hopefully for him he takes advance of it and gets a solid degree while he is there.

Rutgers seems to be in everyone's top ten, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to that.

UCLA wasn't much better than we were last year. Our biggest problem in terms of program perception were the blowouts last year. UCLA was at least somewhat competitive. We can't get blown out like that this year. Plus if you look at his Twitter, you can see he belongs in LA.

Westwood > NewBruswick
Mora Jr > Ash
Cali girls> Jersey Girls
3 days of rain this year in LA > 130 days of rain this year in NJ
UCLA is a better schools academically too.

Now if the kid went to BC or Maryland you could rip him but UCLA, not so much.

Judging by the schools, he's talented... but these kids who have a different favorite every week... I just don't even want them to come here. Good luck to ucla maybe you get a good player but I'm guessing it'll cost you about 100 more headaches too.

why shouldnt he have been a strong lean to RU in the first place?
Several quotes during his recruiting process indicated he was never a strong lean to RU. Maybe I missed a quote where he indicated he was a strong lean to RU. And not just because his uncle played at RU. Can you say why he should have been a strong lean to RU? I respect his decision and the reasons stated in his announcement--he wanted to carve out new territory for a kid from his small town. UCLA is an outstanding university and has a beautiful campus. I wish him well, and glad he did not go to another B1G team. On the other hand, he would have been a great get, and perhaps he will change his mind.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Westwood > NewBruswick
Mora Jr > Ash
Cali girls> Jersey Girls

Chestnut Hill/Boston > NewBrunswick
College Park/DC > NewBrunswick
Addazio/Durkin v Ash - can't say better but both seem to have more recruiting momentum and a better story/history to sell
Weather neutral
Girls probably neutral
BC better academically and Maryland as good or better
Why would you rip a PA kid for those choices?

You just love that blushing emoji.
The unreal part was he was a strong lean to Nebraska, not here.
@huskersalways , any idea what happened with Nebraska?

The only thing that is being said is that NU was slow playing him waiting for a couple others. He wasn't at the top of their board and weren't sold on him having fast enough feet to be a tackle in the Big 10. Plus he loved his UCLA visit and didn't want to wait on NU any longer so he committed to them.

Reactions: Knight Shift
If a kid goes to UCLA, we never had a shot. He wants to get 3000 miles away. That's it, end of story
The kid has some very good offers, but seems very fickle and like a self promoter. IMG is a red flag. The RU tweets while committed to Penn St. The NU tweets. Kid craves attention. Obvious talent, but not a huge recruit and probably not worth the headache. And grammatical errors are bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlockR
UCLA is a great school, hopefully for him he takes advance of it and gets a solid degree while he is there.

Rutgers seems to be in everyone's top ten, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to that.
agree, for certain majors UCLA is a great school, hopefully he has the big picture in focus

Pennsylvania kid picks UCLA , don't know why it's a big deal.
nothing%2Bto%2Bsee%2Bhere.gif

unless Rutgers was supposed to be where he landed.

Pennsylvania kid picks UCLA , don't know why it's a big deal.
nothing%2Bto%2Bsee%2Bhere.gif

unless Rutgers was supposed to be where he landed.
I think it is because many thought when he decommited from Penn State shortly after visiting Rutgers. Many thought he was leaning that way. His uncle played at Rutgers and he spoke very highly of it.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Rutgers wasn't the 156th worst team, nor was ucla the 70th. Rutgers would likely be in the bottom 10 if you only consider teams from the top 5 conferences, but outside of those teams maybe maybe maybe you could find 10 teams better then Rutgers. I'll point to beating New Mexico last year even though they went on to win 9 games... there's just a big difference between the big ten and the mac or the blue sky or whatever.

Reactions: Scarlet_Scourge
Isn't he sort of a Legacy? I think his uncle played for RU.

Rutgers wasn't the 156th worst team, nor was ucla the 70th. Rutgers would likely be in the bottom 10 if you only consider teams from the top 5 conferences, but outside of those teams maybe maybe maybe you could find 10 teams better then Rutgers. I'll point to beating New Mexico last year even though they went on to win 9 games... there's just a big difference between the big ten and the mac or the blue sky or whatever.

Some people just have a hard time understanding this for some reason.

Kind of like the worse NFL could still beat the best College football team.

New Mexico won 9 games last year , we still beat them and the only other team we beat was from the FCS.

Westwood > NewBruswick
Mora Jr > Ash
Cali girls> Jersey Girls

We got way more than 3 days of rain. It rained for a 3 weeks.

Westwood > NewBruswick
Mora Jr > Ash
Cali girls> Jersey Girls

Having water > than a 10 year draught
<60[s Academically RU > UCLA
(With the addition of Medical School, MBA / Law School @ NB, RU can compete Against Anyone)
I dated a Blonde Blue Eyed Babe in NJ from CA (we're still together)....it happens
If Mora doesn't post "W's" he will not be > Ash : he'll be gone

BTW who is Bleech (sp.?) / who cares.

NEXT!

MO

According to last year's Sagarin ratings, Buffalo is the only MAC team we would have been favored over on a neutral site game. And that includes the three directional Michigan teams and Northern Illinois. Western Michigan would have beat us like a drum. Your premise will be put to the test early in 2017 when Eastern Michigan visits on the heels of the Washington Huskies game. Will we be favored by more than three points?

Well my entire point was that the Sargarin rankings weren't accurate. Western Michigan would likely have beat us, but I like our chances against a mac all star team after that.

he just committed ?
Yeah, per ESPN.

Tom VanHaaren ESPN Staff Writer

Dan Mullen landed his first commitment as Florida head coach Wednesday night when offensive lineman Chris Bleich announce his commitment. Bleich, a four-star from Pennsylvania, flipped his decision from UCLA to the Gators after previously being committed to Penn State and decommitting from the Nittany Lions in April.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT