ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Carlin

As Carlin states below.... this is exactly how I felt before the 2006 Louisville game.
After 25 years of going to games this was "the" moment. There have been some other great moments in the ten ensuing years....but prior to kickoff that night was special after all we had been through.

"Leading up to the game, I felt that for the die-hards, those folks who had been there every Saturday through so much of the struggle, the moment right before kickoff might be the most special. To look out, and see that stadium packed to full capacity and beyond, with white towels waving and the eyes of the college football world squarely on US, wow. The thought of it still brings a tear to my eye. "

Carlin is the man! And that Louisville game was one of the best days of my life! I was a student then and stormed the field. It was unreal

Reactions: RUfromNJ
Wow, what an incredible guy, I too never attended Rutgers but I've been a fan since
1975, I was coptivated by the basketball team, and football wasn't bad back then, then when my kids graduated high School I was praying
They give Rutgers a chance, my oldest was accepted to U Penn and Columbia, I was happy but sad, I asked her why not Rutgers? I couldn't
Afford those Schools, She did her research and told me she was going to RU, happyest day of my life, ( and believe me she is doing great) then my other Doughter attended Rutgers and she is doing very well also, so I know where he's coming from!!

Louisville best live sporting event in my life. Yes it was sweet after decades of losing. The buildup to the game was great and it delivered.

Reactions: Scangg
He is approachable and affable. Those are not qualities always associated with guys in his business .Bruce Beck is the same way.

Carlin is very friendly walking through the tailgates on his way to the press area, he ususally walks from the Green lot thru Scarlet to Gates A/B about 2-3 hours before kickoff, and he loves talking sports or will joke about Francesca, lol

Really nice guy. I would say complete opposite of a Francesca. I talk with Chris at so many hoops games and he's just a humble guy and really happy to be doing what he does. I was surprised when I found out he wasn't a Rutgers grad. He bleeds scarlet but he's very honest when you talk to him about anything.

Listened to him on Sirius today. He was pretty good. I was surprised.

I hope carlin is the voice of Rutgers for decades to come.

We had 1 win my freshman year. I skipped a quiz to tailgate for that Louisville game and snuck a camelback of captain and coke in the stadium. I just want to relive that day over and over. Is that sad? Or awesome?

Reactions: RUHouston
Didnt go to RU and he is right Louisville game was IT. Have not had that excitement since, stadium was rocking that night Don't think the team has had IT since that game. They brought it that day in a big way. RU football really needed that BCS game bad. Still will never forget Townsend's drop or I believe it was Slaters non fumble. The ball was smack in the middle of the 8 & 3

As Carlin states below.... this is exactly how I felt before the 2006 Louisville game.
After 25 years of going to games this was "the" moment. There have been some other great moments in the ten ensuing years....but prior to kickoff that night was special after all we had been through.

"Leading up to the game, I felt that for the die-hards, those folks who had been there every Saturday through so much of the struggle, the moment right before kickoff might be the most special. To look out, and see that stadium packed to full capacity and beyond, with white towels waving and the eyes of the college football world squarely on US, wow. The thought of it still brings a tear to my eye. "
That was exactly what I felt waiting for kickoff....looking up at the corners of the upper deck and seeing them packed with Rutgers fans was amazing. I just soaked it in

Wow , great interview and shows that Chris is a very good guy that really wants Rutgers to do well . I found it humbling that he mentioned his blown call in the win over Villanova basketball as one of his favorite moments .

I hope carlin is the voice of Rutgers for decades to come.

We had 1 win my freshman year. I skipped a quiz to tailgate for that Louisville game and snuck a camelback of captain and coke in the stadium. I just want to relive that day over and over. Is that sad? Or awesome?

I'd have to rate that "Awesome".

I think we should be lucky we have Chris Carlin as the voice of FB and BB. He has established himself in the tristate area as a sports talk guru with the SNY show and on Sirius XM on college sports radio. He probably has the potential to move up from there. I heard that Fox was eyeing him for a radio spot at some point. If he landed something like that, he may not be with us anymore.

Never had a problem with Carlin. I love his enthusiasm, positivity and his unabashed love for RU. It's refreshing and we could frankly use more of it.

ADVERTISEMENT