ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Dailey to WBB Hall of Fame

RU62

Heisman Winner
Dec 21, 2001
Cranford, NJ
Surprised to see nothing here from WBB followers regarding this special honor. Congratulations are in order for this Rutgers WBB alumna for her longtime assistant coaching career at UConn.

Gee, wonder why....maybe I've missed something but what exactly has / did she ever do for Rutgers but be a thorn in our side?

Fine, smart, accomplished ...check.
Makes me proud she is an RU alumni? Nope. (sorry)

1984..if you are an alumnus you certainly don't make me feel proud with your comment. We should always be proud when one of our own is succesful and earns recognition for a job well done.

Hey, Diana, where are you? You missed tbis one. Just kidding of course

I am.
You're entitled to your opinion (as am I).
And please don't play that card with dmd.

(edited as I think I have you confused with another...my bad on that)

Reactions: shields
An honor to be a HOF member and glad for her becoming one.
Just like I congratulate everyone that makes it to the HOF in the sport they were part of.
Being a Rutgers WBB alumna makes Dailey's HOF membership something WBB fans can feel nice about, but being a longtime UConn assistant is the reason she entered.
So I can understand why some RUWBB fans arn't interested in celebrating Dailey making it into the WBB HOF

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
An honor to be a HOF member and glad for her becoming one.
Just like I congratulate everyone that makes it to the HOF in the sport they were part of.
Being a Rutgers WBB alumna makes Dailey's HOF membership something WBB fans can feel nice about, but being a longtime UConn assistant is the reason she entered.
So I can understand why some RUWBB fans arn't interested in celebrating Dailey making it into the WBB HOF

exactly. Coached and recruited against Rutgers for our nemesis forever....

didn't realized she was on the 82 team (thank you BeK)...maybe it was us but I do not believe she ever expressed any interest in coming back "home" to help or lead the program.(and yeah I know she has a great gig but RU was right there for the longest time too).

So yes, she more than deserves it:clap:....but I'm sour to it (lol) .

She was in the mix when we hired CVS, but as I recall pulled her name from consideration

1984..if you are an alumnus you certainly don't make me feel proud with your comment. We should always be proud when one of our own is succesful and earns recognition for a job well done.

Hey, Diana, where are you? You missed tbis one. Just kidding of course
Lol I had a crazy day yesterday, was offline for most of it. My 2 cents: She’s a Rutgers alum, and it’s a positive thing for RU that she’ll be in the Hall of Fame. I do wonder, however, whether there has ever been an assistant coach named to the Hall of Fame.

She was in the mix when we hired CVS, but as I recall pulled her name from consideration
Chris interviewed for the RU Head Coach position & very much wanted the job, when CViv was hired, this is from her mouth as I was friends with her Brother Mike & met Chris numerous times.

Reactions: RU old timer
From all I’ve read, she’s happy being the number two - she makes a great salary without the pressure of being the head coach.

Yeah I’ve heard that too but she’s young enough to become a head coach. She’s selling herself short. She should challenge herself.

Lol I had a crazy day yesterday, was offline for most of it. My 2 cents: She’s a Rutgers alum, and it’s a positive thing for RU that she’ll be in the Hall of Fame. I do wonder, however, whether there has ever been an assistant coach named to the Hall of Fame.
Its a new thing. They also voted in Mikki DeMoss for her career as an Assistant at Tennessee, as she was not successful as a HC.

Yeah I’ve heard that too but she’s young enough to become a head coach. She’s selling herself short. She should challenge herself.
As may be, but I am very active on the UConn board (not their game and rah rah stuff, but it is a very interesting and diverse board) and have many times read comments and such that Chris is planning to retire when Geno does, some referenced back to things she has said.

She isn't selling herself short - it is totally acknowledged that without Chris there would be no UConn the way it is. And she's the going into the WBB Hall of Fame. Plenty of success.

Maybe, but what assistant coach wouldn’t want to return to her alma mater and try to turn it into a juggernaut.

exactly. Coached and recruited against Rutgers for our nemesis forever....

didn't realized she was on the 82 team (thank you BeK)...maybe it was us but I do not believe she ever expressed any interest in coming back "home" to help or lead the program.(and yeah I know she has a great gig but RU was right there for the longest time too).

So yes, she more than deserves it:clap:....but I'm sour to it (lol) .
She's a Geno guy...not RU nor UConn person...her loyalty seems to be to him like the bulk of his recruits...I give Geno credit for inspiring loyalty and a vision to his recruits...he'd win anywhere he coached..Coach Q up at Cuse has a bright WBB future where ever he goes IMO...we have to be ready for the future VERY SOON !!

Assistant coaches in the Hall of Fame?
I was wondering the same thing.
Can see players and Head Coaches, but assistants on a great HC's staff is a bit much as far as I'm concerned .

But if other assistants are in the HOF because of being part of a winning program, then Chris Dailey deserves that honor as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT