ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Scarpello Named Chatam Head Coach

Job 1 to having a pipeline is having a very friendly head coach from any high school. Christian isn't just a friendly. He's RU lax family. There is a reason we've had so many great players from Bridgewater. Those kids could have all gone a lot of places throughout the last 30 years. Many came to RU. Another program with not just a friendly but guys who are family.

Not saying it will happen overnight but having Christian in that position is very great for RU.

On a side note, RU alums are quietly taking over NJ lacrosse at every level.

Coincidentally, last weekend I had conversations with a couple parents of incoming freshman who had trained with him at Centercourt and they are very happy that he was named the coach.

Like the vast majority of kids that have gone through the program, he's a great kid. One my favorites to have watched play and interact with. He will do a great job there. And if we don't get kids we want from there, it won't be because there wasn't a lot of effort from numerous angles.

Job 1 to having a pipeline is having a very friendly head coach from any high school. Christian isn't just a friendly. He's RU lax family. There is a reason we've had so many great players from Bridgewater. Those kids could have all gone a lot of places throughout the last 30 years. Many came to RU. Another program with not just a friendly but guys who are family.

Not saying it will happen overnight but having Christian in that position is very great for RU.

On a side note, RU alums are quietly taking over NJ lacrosse at every level.
Don’t know if a single Chatham kid that went to RU for lacrosse. Chatham like ML and now Rumson see themselves as too good for Rutgers besides recruiting has less to do with the high school coach and more to do with the club coach. Just look at Tri-State run by Anthony Terranova, Current SHP coach and former Rutgers player. How many Tri-State kids are we getting.
I heard some stories about the issues at Chatham this year and it was not a good look by the former coach or the players

Congrats to Christian. My son played for him on a travel team many years ago. I believe it was the summer before he went to RU so he was just a funny kid at the time

Reactions: Caliknight
Don’t know if a single Chatham kid that went to RU for lacrosse. Chatham like ML and now Rumson see themselves as too good for Rutgers besides recruiting has less to do with the high school coach and more to do with the club coach. Just look at Tri-State run by Anthony Terranova, Current SHP coach and former Rutgers player. How many Tri-State kids are we getting.
I heard some stories about the issues at Chatham this year and it was not a good look by the former coach or the players
We rarely got studs from the MIAA or the DC private school league. Now we have a handful including the best defenseman last year and the best goalie this year.

Things change.

We rarely got studs from the MIAA or the DC private school league. Now we have a handful including the best defenseman last year and the best goalie this year.

Things change.
Did t they lose the best defenseman this year as he flipped to Cuse? And after there goalie recruiting I would not count your chickens until he comes and stays

Did t they lose the best defenseman this year as he flipped to Cuse? And after there goalie recruiting I would not count your chickens until he comes and stays

The goalies coming via the portal are 1 year grad transfers. That shouldn't affect an incoming true freshman.

The goalies coming via the portal are 1 year grad transfers. That shouldn't affect an incoming true freshman.
Not really talking about that but instead the inability for the staff to recruit a goalie that stays and competes for all four years. Last one was Kris Alleyne

My daughter attended a lacrosse clinic the last few days on Long Island, where we live. 5 BC players ran it. The girl who led her group was from our town on Long Island and went to the same elementary school as my daughter. I goggled her and saw that her dad played for RU in the 1980's. Tom Martello. Apparently he helps out as an assistant for our high school team. Have to think that the rapid improvement of our women's team under the current coach makes RU attractive to future legacies. BTW, great girl so kudos to Tom.

My daughter attended a lacrosse clinic the last few days on Long Island, where we live. 5 BC players ran it. The girl who led her group was from our town on Long Island and went to the same elementary school as my daughter. I goggled her and saw that her dad played for RU in the 1980's. Tom Martello. Apparently he helps out as an assistant for our high school team. Have to think that the rapid improvement of our women's team under the current coach makes RU attractive to future legacies. BTW, great girl so kudos to Tom.

Be better if 5 RU players had run it.

Stoller is most certainly coming. You can watch him in the Under Armour AA game Sat. The defenseman from the MIAA was the year before. Remi Reynolds. He had a great freshman year.

Not really talking about that but instead the inability for the staff to recruit a goalie that stays and competes for all four years. Last one was Kris Alleyne
This isn’t unique. Goalies at almost every school transfer. The moment you aren’t starting, you’re looking elsewhere. We will lose more goalies in the future just like most top schools.

ADVERTISEMENT