ADVERTISEMENT

Circle and Stick

hoquat63

All American
Mar 17, 2005
Anyone know how to find the picture of Myles and Geo frosh year that MJ mentioned in the post game interview?

Reactions: RutgHoops
I don't remember Myles Johnson being a "circle" as he put it, but here's an Asbury Park Press story from 2018 saying he had "dropped 30 pounds" and listed him as his current 6-10, 255: Rutgers basketball: Myles Johnson, (big) man of mystery (app.com)

So, he'd have been 6-10, 285 at some point during his redshirt year, which would have been heavier than both CJ Gettys (7-0, 275), Shaq Doorson (7-0, 270), and Kareem Wright (6-9, 270).

Rivals had Geo Baker listed at 170 in his recruiting profile, which is 25 lbs lighter than his current listing on the roster.

I don't remember Myles Johnson being a "circle" as he put it, but here's an Asbury Park Press story from 2018 saying he had "dropped 30 pounds" and listed him as his current 6-10, 255: Rutgers basketball: Myles Johnson, (big) man of mystery (app.com)

So, he'd have been 6-10, 285 at some point during his redshirt year, which would have been heavier than both CJ Gettys (7-0, 275), Shaq Doorson (7-0, 270), and Kareem Wright (6-9, 270).

Rivals had Geo Baker listed at 170 in his recruiting profile, which is 25 lbs lighter than his current listing on the roster.
I do remember that Myles came in not in good shape at all. He spent his redshirt year getting into shape and dropping pounds.

There was a video on this site when Myles first committed to RU. it was short but he had trouble getting up and down on the court because of the excess weight and possibly his knee. I think it was from a high school game or an AAU game. Pikiell told us at Court Club meetings in Jan or Feb of 2017 that Myles was making a lot of progress in practices. He was being red shirted but with only a handful of games left Coach said he looked better than the centers on our team at that time but he wanted to keep him as a red shirt so he would still have 4 years of eligibility.

Funny line - but yeah circle is a stretch.

4ECNBWGKNFBQFPQHOWCQNSSVFA.JPG

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT