ADVERTISEMENT

Class move by Ash there end game...

weak sauce. i would have gone for it with the full playbook with the 2nd and 3rd string. You only get so much live game time per year. Pissing it away like this to "not run it up" is unacceptable imo. Teams should never be taught to take their foot of the gas until the last whistle. That's the difference between perennial winners and losers.

weak sauce. i would have gone for it with the full playbook with the 2nd and 3rd string. You only get so much live game time per year. Pissing it away like this to "not run it up" is unacceptable imo. Teams should never be taught to take their foot of the gas until the last whistle. That's the difference between perennial winners and losers.
I think the difference between perennial winners and losers has less to do with playcalling up 65, and more to do with the Jimmys and the Joes.

And what is your excuse loser...he did exactly what he should have ....had he not and went for another score you can guarantee we would have been highly criticized by the media and other teams....suggest you Blitz your way off the FREE board.

I trust you would say the same for an RU foe in a similar situation.

Reactions: Knightmoves

I trust you would say the same for an RU foe in a similar situation.

58-0 OSU
78-0 Mich

There are no free rides.

We need to return the favor some day...with interest

MO

I see both sides. I'm ok with what Ash did but I can understand a team getting 2nd or 3rd string QB reps.

Hey 4th string guy, guess what? You get to play. But I'm going to need you to suck on purpose so we don't hurt the other teams feelings. Feel bad for our players on that last drive.

As noted above, running up the score on Morgan St. is not the team that you want to run up on the score on - it proves nothing. Running it up on a legit division 1 team is different - it sends a message and could help with recruiting.

Ash showed class and it was absolutely the right thing to do! You take out your frustration or revenge on the teams that pummeled you 58-0 and 78-0 not on a Morgan State team that has not scored a point all season. We showed our dominance and there was little more to prove. End of story.

I didn't know who the hell was even running the ball towards the end of the game. Obviously, I am not a roster hound.
Does anyone think the delay of game penalties were deliberate too?

Franklin, although succesful, has shown how great a jerk he is. And unfortunately provided fodder for people to dislike PSU and its fans. Ash on the other hand showed class. It was also nice to see him pit Zack Allen in for a fee snaps even though they we meaningless. Everyone had an opportunity to play. I don't think we threw a pass in the last quarter and just were trying to run the clock out and still scored. It prived to be a nice opportunity to get Gio and Blackshear some meaningful playing time.

It is also interesting to note how Kill's play calling focused mainly on the left side of the line. He found a soft spot and repeatedly used it to move the thr football downfield. Good job coach!

Are you Cobra Kai?

Let's not get carried away with ourselves. Getting a score into the 70's makes us look bad. To avoid a final score without the insult of a kneeldown outside the customary two minutes is the right thing to do.

I would've pulled off even earlier once we scored 51
hand offs to the 4th string RB is letting up.

Unfortunately for Morgan, they were completely worn out, and Blackshear is both good and was fresh.

But that's the problem with scheduling mismatches. Not a fan.

Reactions: Leonard23
I didn't know who the hell was even running the ball towards the end of the game. Obviously, I am not a roster hound.
Does anyone think the delay of game penalties were deliberate too?

Yes I do.

The RB's in the last series, Pugh and Ceneus, are walk on's.

What? Up 51-0 You're worried?????? No.
Worried no
Look around Teams do not turn it off they just keep going until the end its football not patsie ball.
perception we need 70 points today and didn't get enough.
when ya start lookin at stats and standings those points mean something in the totality. along with that zero the defense put up. that's the importance of it. Not weather some here think its overkill,
Great Job by Coach Ash in winning a game in the fashion he did when we needed it.

ADVERTISEMENT