ADVERTISEMENT

Class move by Ash there end game...

Why are we even discussing this. That kind of defeats the purpose. Move on
felt a little bad for the morgan st payers, as a season ticket holder for 40 years i have endured my share of blowout loses and it can really bring you down. but you cant tell your players not to execute, these 2nd 3rd stringers want to show they can play. it was our first win , hopefully there will be more this year

I didn't know who the hell was even running the ball towards the end of the game. Obviously, I am not a roster hound.
Does anyone think the delay of game penalties were deliberate too?
oh, 100%. he knew what he was doing. part of the plan. announcers said he told refs to just run the clock there like a basketball TO late game to get scrubs in.

Worried no
Look around Teams do not turn it off they just keep going until the end its football not patsie ball.
perception we need 70 points today and didn't get enough.
when ya start lookin at stats and standings those points mean something in the totality. along with that zero the defense put up. that's the importance of it. Not weather some here think its overkill,
Great Job by Coach Ash in winning a game in the fashion he did when we needed it.
No. You're wrong.

It is tough position to be in, you certainly don't want to score but you don't want to tell a 4th stringer to fall down. The delay of game was a great move, and the final play was effectively a kneel. I thought this was handled real well by Ash and Kill.

Yes I do.

The RB's in the last series, Pugh and Ceneus, are walk on's.
My crew left with 9 min to go. We were following the game on the app and saw a carry by McDerby Ceneus. I thought it was a mistake. Made me look at the roster, and lo and behold, there he is (#27). As big of a fan as I am, I never saw his name on the roster. I couldn't believe all the names I didn't recognize (and I am a big high school fan). That being said, I'm so glad all the scout team guys that dress got into the game.

Pkk7ooooi
Partially agree...

Remember when Schiano was up 42-0 against L'ville...and went in for another score just before half?

The reporter asked him "why" and he replied "Exactly"!

MO

Yes, but ville was league opponent that has a history of being an offensive Juggernaut and there was 30 minutes to play. I think at some point things change when there is zero chance of changing outcome.

Pkk7ooooi

Yes, but ville was league opponent that has a history of being an offensive Juggernaut and there was 30 minutes to play. I think at some point things change when there is zero chance of changing outcome.

MMMM.... I think it more to do with the results the year before. Schiano / team eased up on the accelerator / L'ville came back to beat up. I think Schiano learned a lesson: when the other team is down, go for the jugular (truthfully it's the only time I can remember seeing that characteristic).

Regardless, you don't get a ribbon for beating someone 58-0 as opposed to 70 or 80 to -0.

If you want the other to team to ease up....play roller derby or WWF.

MO

What a jerk . Looking to start a fight here ? I said yeah I agree with the original post about showing class.
What's your problem?

If that is the case, my apologies. Had thought you were agreeing with blitz. Someone else mentioned that too and you hadn't clarified to them that you were agreeing with the OP.
My mistake, please accept my apologies...

Reactions: Plum Street
Partially agree...

Remember when Schiano was up 42-0 against L'ville...and went in for another score just before half?

The reporter asked him "why" and he replied "Exactly"!

MO
Do you mean the Norfolk State game when he called a timeout before NSU punted? He was excoriated for that in the press (big surprise).

EDIT: No, I think you're referring to the 2008 blowout win vs. the Ville, which was a longtime coming in payback.

MMMM.... I think it more to do with the results the year before. Schiano / team eased up on the accelerator / L'ville came back to beat up. I think Schiano learned a lesson: when the other team is down, go for the jugular (truthfully it's the only time I can remember seeing that characteristic).

Regardless, you don't get a ribbon for beating someone 58-0 as opposed to 70 or 80 to -0.

If you want the other to team to ease up....play roller derby or WWF.

MO

Do you get a ribbon for beating someone 80-0? I can see (though disagree with) the argument for Michigan taking us to the woodshed 78-0 because we are direct competitors in all ways. Doing so to Morgan States of the world is beyond poor sportsmanship and if this wasn't widely agreed upon, there would be a lot more scores in the 70s.

weak sauce. i would have gone for it with the full playbook with the 2nd and 3rd string. You only get so much live game time per year. Pissing it away like this to "not run it up" is unacceptable imo. Teams should never be taught to take their foot of the gas until the last whistle. That's the difference between perennial winners and losers.
The Grinch came early this year. Geesh. Do you kick puppies when they get too close to you?

GS's philosophy was to go hard the entire first half even if he was up big on a patsy. But he always pumped the breaks in the 2nd half.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Do you mean the Norfolk State game when he called a timeout before NSU punted? He was excoriated for that in the press (big surprise).

EDIT: No, I think you're referring to the 2008 blowout win vs. the Ville, which was a longtime coming in payback.
The first one was IMO wrong.

The second example I was and am still fine with. Was always hoping that result could happen in a WVU game too.

ADVERTISEMENT