ADVERTISEMENT

Classic Rutgers road loss

Degaz-RU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2002
Get a decent lead and then go on long drought to end the game and lose. Such a Rutgers loss it makes me sick.

We had a 50-40 lead with about 14 minutes left, and Miami outscored us 28-11 the rest of the way. We just had no offensive flow, and the threes that were dropping in the first half were clanging out in the 2nd half.

We started the game 5 for 6 from the 3-Pt line, but we went 2-15 the rest of the way, including several wide open looks in the 2nd half that weren’t even close to going in.

Cam Spencer had a brutal shooting night with his 1-10.

As well as Caleb played as our primary PG tonight, we really miss Paul as our facilitator.

Huge missed opportunity tonight. Not the end of the world, mind you, but a lost chance to improve our resume.

By the way, I predicted UM to win 68-61 in the prediction thread. I hate it when I’m sooo right like that.

Similar to OSU on the road last year or year before. Was up 16 in second half. And we go into tight mode. Don’t know what it is, if it’s coaching substitution pattern or something

Similar to OSU on the road last year or year before. Was up 16 in second half. And we go into tight mode. Don’t know what it is, if it’s coaching substitution pattern or something
In this game a terrible coaching substitution up 11.

Botton line recruiting players that can create and make shots off the dribble is the only way out of the futility on the road.Long scoring droughts have become the norm and a go to scorer at crunch time is needed.

Not enough pure scoring talent, they work hard and play D Caleb needs to be the go to scorer at the end of games, let’s see how it rolls from here

Not enough pure scoring talent, they work hard and play D Caleb needs to be the go to scorer at the end of games, let’s see how it rolls from here
I'm disappointed that Reiber wasn't the guy I was hoping we could depend on to make a 3; he was absent last night.

ADVERTISEMENT